Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Will & Willpower Tests
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tunnel Rat
I was going through Arsenal, and I ran into the Focus Will maneuver. It says that you gain +2 dice on willpower tests. Now, ordinarily, I would think that would be any test that used just Willpower ... but SR4 doesn't have 'willpower tests' using only willpower. Then I thought they meant attacks of will ... but they don't say 'attacks of will', nor does the errata change Focus Will.

The more I look at it, the more I tend to lean towards 'Willpower tests' meaning any time you use willpower in a test. Which has several implications.

So, what *is* a willpower test? Thoughts, opinions, official rulings? (I might even except a rant, if it answers the question. wink.gif )
Ancient History
Any test that uses the Willpower attribute.
Kev
QUOTE (Tunnel Rat @ Mar 13 2009, 07:48 AM) *
I was going through Arsenal, and I ran into the Focus Will maneuver. It says that you gain +2 dice on willpower tests. Now, ordinarily, I would think that would be any test that used just Willpower ... but SR4 doesn't have 'willpower tests' using only willpower. Then I thought they meant attacks of will ... but they don't say 'attacks of will', nor does the errata change Focus Will.

The more I look at it, the more I tend to lean towards 'Willpower tests' meaning any time you use willpower in a test. Which has several implications.

So, what *is* a willpower test? Thoughts, opinions, official rulings? (I might even except a rant, if it answers the question. wink.gif )

Focus Will is an awesome martial art ability when being tortured, or being victimized by magic. Because, you know, both of those are Willpower tests since, you know, they use your Willpower attribute.

Just sayin'.
Tunnel Rat
Actually, the real implication would be that you could use focus will when resisting drain, since those tests involve willpower. So, I was expecting a rather heated exchange involving why it should/should not work and the concept of all mages being martial artists, and the like.

But it's kinda nice that Focus will is actually useful, unlike disorient.
Ard3
Remember that it requires Complex action to use. During combat unlikely to get used, but outside it or if you can supprise them... grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012