Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two Weapon Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Socinus
I have two questions concerning weapons.

First, can anyone ballpark what the stats might be on a Nodachi in the Shadowrun world? A Nodachi is basically a katana on steroids. Its about six feet long with 45 or so inches of blade and 30 or so inches of handle and a katana-style blade. It was designed to be used against cavalry.

Second, how would you go about creating or enhancing a weapon magically, IE: enchanting it?
merashin
1. The nodachi is in Arsenal, you should get the book it has a lot of god weapons and i use the vehicle mod rules all the time.

2. What exactly do you mean by enchanting it, do you mean the process of enchanting or the rules for using an enchanted weapon. The rules for it would be the rules for Weapon Foci in the BBB
Socinus
QUOTE (merashin @ Mar 29 2009, 05:30 AM) *
1. The nodachi is in Arsenal, you should get the book it has a lot of god weapons and i use the vehicle mod rules all the time.

2. What exactly do you mean by enchanting it, do you mean the process of enchanting or the rules for using an enchanted weapon. The rules for it would be the rules for Weapon Foci in the BBB

Crap thats right I completely forgot about Arsenal. I have it I just blanked on it when thinking about it.

As for enchanting, Im asking if there are rules or a way to take an ordinary weapon and imbue it with magic to improve its effectiveness or make it do something special.
merashin
making it into a weapon foci would solve both of those, weapon foci add their rating to your dice pool for attacking and allows them to bypass Immunity to normal weapons. In street magic they tell you how to make unique enchantments for weapon foci and go into it in more depth in digital grimoire.
Medicineman
Are there any RAW Combat-Modifiers for a Dwarf wielding a customized No-Dachi ?

with a customized Dance
Medicineman
Glyph
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 28 2009, 11:13 PM) *
Are there any RAW Combat-Modifiers for a Dwarf wielding a customized No-Dachi ?

with a customized Dance
Medicineman

If you mean merely a dwarf-sized grip, it negates the -2 that a dwarf suffers from using unmodified equipment.

The personalized grip weapon modification (pg. 152, Arsenal) gives +1 to melee attacks with the weapon.

The advanced combat rules (pg. 161, Arsenal) give dwarves a -1 modifier for using a weapon with a Reach of 2 or more (note that all of the advanced rules are optional).
Muspellsheimr
Random Post # 9
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012