Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Google has created Deus
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Demonseed Elite
CADIE: Google's new AI

Yes, it's an April Fool's joke. But it's an elaborate one.
Demonseed Elite
They've worked the joke into a few of their other pages, like this new Google Docs functionality featuring CADIE.
Ayeohx
The world must really hate America during April 1st. I don't know how many other nations are in on April Fools but I can imagine somewhere there are a lot of computer scientist freaking out right now. Boy are they going to be disappointed. smile.gif
paws2sky
I, for one, welcome our new IA master and wish her well in all her pursuits. love.gif

-paws
Attn Admin: we need a Panda emoticon, stat!
Demonseed Elite
CADIE has also introduced Google Brain Search for your mobile phone. Aren't AIs wonderful?
ravensmuse
I was wondering what was up with the Google homepage...
ICPiK
Gotta just love hacker humor. No really you do ... or they'll get you!
deek
http://www.wolframalpha.com/

This is not an April Fool's, but a computational answer engine. Here's an article about it:

http://www.twine.com/item/122mz8lz9-4c/wol...rtant-as-google

Pretty cool stuff.
MJBurrage
For those that missed it, here are links for the Runner's Companion "preview" posted as an April Fools' Day joke last year:
Draco18s
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Apr 1 2009, 05:40 PM) *

The picture at the top of "page 20" is epic.
Heath Robinson
Now that I've gone back over the last "April fools" joke, I've realised something. The bigger joke was the little fragment before the beginning of the dracoform rules. Pretending to be a bit of text cut off from the previous page. That was an awesome touch.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (paws2sky @ Apr 1 2009, 12:10 PM) *
-paws
Attn Admin: we need a Panda emoticon, stat!

I'll nip this one right now. No damn panda icon unil I can contrive a drop bear icon. Or someone else makes one and sends it our way ('cause we're lazy bastards). Once that happens, we'll talk panda.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Apr 1 2009, 08:21 PM) *
Now that I've gone back over the last "April fools" joke, I've realised something. The bigger joke was the little fragment before the beginning of the dracoform rules. Pretending to be a bit of text cut off from the previous page. That was an awesome touch.

I thought so too. smile.gif
Kingboy
QUOTE (Ayeohx @ Apr 1 2009, 12:07 PM) *
The world must really hate America during April 1st.

I hate America on April 1st and I live here. It's for much the same reason that I get annoyed on St. Patrick's day and (increasingly) Cinco de Mayo. It brings out far too many amateurs who think the day in question gives them license to annoy the crap out of the rest of us, either by drinking far more than they should or because they think they are far more clever than they are in reality.
Neraph
Why do we even have Cinco de Mayo? We're not Mexico. I want people near where I live to stop speaking Mexican and start speaking American.
hobgoblin
did someone say panda? silly.gif
raggedhalo
QUOTE (Neraph @ Apr 2 2009, 10:29 AM) *
I want people near where I live to stop speaking Mexican and start speaking American.

...which is a problem, because neither of those languages exist. Sorry, dude frown.gif
Kingboy
QUOTE (raggedhalo @ Apr 2 2009, 09:53 AM) *
...which is a problem, because neither of those languages exist. Sorry, dude frown.gif

Well, to keep it vaguely SR related, they'd be Lingos, i.e. Spanish (Mexican) and English (American). smile.gif
raggedhalo
Heh.

No, I figure Lingos as being more specific, like Denver Slang or my personal favourite, Spook. *grin*
hobgoblin
it could potentially be both...
the_real_elwood
QUOTE (Neraph @ Apr 2 2009, 08:29 AM) *
Why do we even have Cinco de Mayo? We're not Mexico. I want people near where I live to stop speaking Mexican and start speaking American.

Another excuse to go out drinking?

That's a good enough reason for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012