Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Viva La Revolucion: the New Revolutionaries
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
crizh
I hadn't decided yet. Still haven't finished my knowledge skills yet either. Working on it, promise.
Zombayz
As requested, stats for various explosives:

ANNM
Rating 6 explosive, cost 80 nuyen.gif
Threshold 12 to make, cost 50 nuyen.gif
Minor details: Secondary Explosive(needs a primary charge(detonators include primary charges), very stable.

ETN
Rating 6 explosive, cost 100 nuyen.gif
Threshold 8 to make, cost 50 nuyen.gif
Minor Details: Secondary explosive, will detonate as a primary if tightly contained and and exposed to flame.

TATP
Rating 8 explosive, cost 40 nuyen.gif
Threshold 8 to make, cost 20 nuyen.gif
Minor Details: Highly unstable primary explosive. Extremely sensitive to: Friction, tempertures of above 50 Degrees Centigrade, electric shock, impact, or being stored in quantities above 50 grams. Any of the mentioned conditions will cause detonation.

Hope that's good for ya.
crizh
Oooooh I'm liking TATP. I could vacuum seal it in 30g pellets and suspend them in some sort of foam rubber.

ETN looks better than ANNM for day to day use due to the lower threshold
Zombayz
I threw all those warnings on the TATP for a reason. It's highly unstable. The impact I mentioned is roughly the force of a hammer hitting the ground from a two foot fall. Exposed to air, it will degrade within a few weeks. It's only real use is as a primary charge. A small plastic tube full of TATP, with a bit of sandpaper glued to a string inside is an excellent detonater(you could pull the sting yourself, or set it as a tripwire).

Taking that into account, use the ETN as a primary charge, and the TATP for detonators.

Edit: forgot an imporant word.
Kurt Travis
Behold!

[ Spoiler ]

Background will be added in due time.
Inane Imp
If there is still room I'm interested. (Thinking a shapeshifter ex-merc - uneducated and impressionable) But it really depends on the nature of the revolution - my guy will work if its guerrilas in the mist, but less so if your thinking urban terror.
Let me know either way, I'll probably be able to dig something up either way, if you want me. smile.gif

Imp
crazyconscript
Well, since everyone is finished their builds pretty much, here is Hank Jefferson AKA Krank (Now with knowledge skills!)

[ Spoiler ]

And the (short) personal history:
[ Spoiler ]

Hmm, Lennon Lopez is a lot better than me at hurting things apparently wink.gif
Oh well, i have a bike!
Digital Heroin
While standing at my .50 cal gun position just a short while ago, an idea came to mind, a spark which became a new background for Johnny. Forget peace and protest:

[ Spoiler ]
Zombayz
Haha YES that rocks man. Punk as fuck too.
Dumori
Man thats AWESOME. Im thinking of putting some punk in my spirit's backstory but is still stumped for a good name. The punk aspect is the only way I can really see him being involved in all this.
Zombayz
How about Saemundr das Reidthr(Saemundr the Angry)?
Dumori
I've been toying with a few name Unwin seams to have stuck. Ragnhild is also up there.
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (Zombayz @ Apr 18 2009, 12:05 AM) *
Haha YES that rocks man. Punk as fuck too.

That's definitely the vibe I was feeling with it... and it's more than rationale enough for his enemy, really. Even from prison I could see him trying to cut an album of anti-cop songs.

QUOTE (Dumori @ Apr 18 2009, 03:30 AM) *
Man thats AWESOME. Im thinking of putting some punk in my spirit's backstory but is still stumped for a good name. The punk aspect is the only way I can really see him being involved in all this.

Could be your spirit and Johnny share a bit of history, eh. Had to be one hell of an emotional event, the riot, might be someone summoned the spirit then, and lost control in the fray? Could be any manner of ways they encountered eachother through the punk scene.
Dumori
QUOTE (Digital Heroin @ Apr 19 2009, 10:04 AM) *
Could be your spirit and Johnny share a bit of history, eh. Had to be one hell of an emotional event, the riot, might be someone summoned the spirit then, and lost control in the fray? Could be any manner of ways they encountered eachother through the punk scene.

Unfortunately that wouldn't work as my spirit needs to very young. However I hope to have it all done and dusted soon.

Edit:
Backstory so far
[ Spoiler ]

Critique wanted nyahnyah.gif
Deze
Here's my character.
[ Spoiler ]
Digital Heroin
Bacuse I'm getting right down into Johnny's post-prison head:

[ Spoiler ]
crizh
I enjoyed Johnny's release party, I'll have to work something like that up.

I'm noticing that the Raw Materials for making ETN and ANNM are very similar, primarily Ammonium Nitrate. Would it be okay to say that I've got enough to make X kg of either one or the other? ETN is great if you want a big bang in a hurry, ANNM is better if the device needs to be stable to cope with transport or environmental complications.

Flashbang - Viva la revolution

[ Spoiler ]
Zombayz
For the most part, yeah that's fine.You only need a relatively small amount of Erythritol to produce a large amount ETN(on part erythritol to five nitrate)
Zombayz
Well, everyone's sheets are up, so we have a few small things to take care of before we get started.

First, since this isn't a traditional Shadowrun, we need a way for all you to meet up. This could be a punk show, a riot, a protest, or a node on the Matrix. Something fairly anonymous I'd assume.

Second, I want to hear from everyone before we start, just so I can be sure nobody's flaked out or died.

As soon as we get those done, I'll post the IC and OOC threads, and then the anarchy begins.
Deze
I like the riot and protest ideas.
Kurt Travis
I kinda like the riot idea too, fits with Lennon's character. I was hoping to have more of a background done, but it's alright.
Digital Heroin
Some manner of riot seems a way to go, aye.

I'm thinking of a shift for Johnny's Trustworthy quality, from Con to Leadership... not sure tho, just a fiddly last moment thing.
Zombayz
A small change like that doesn't bother me at all. On a side note, we've got three votes for the riot. I'll wait for Dumori and crizh to chime in before we start this mess off.
Dumori
punk show or a riot or both wink.gif
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (Dumori @ Apr 21 2009, 08:09 AM) *
punk show or a riot or both wink.gif

Johnny Molotov's return to the stage!

cool.gif
crizh
I'm easy.

Both sounds good to me.
crazyconscript
Soooo....when are we actually going to start this thing?
And do i need a longer description of history after seeing what others have written eek.gif
Zombayz
Heh, you don't need a huge background CC. I'm fine with the one you've got.

As for when this mess will be up, I'm writing the posts up now.
Digital Heroin
I write snippets outside of the casual background in order to get into a character's head. Call it the wannabe writer's curse. I like challenging myself to think in different mindsets, and try to capture one unique (or fairly unique) to each character. Plus I loves me my wurds.
crizh
The morning of the gig.

[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012