Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting gear
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tanegar
This loadout is for a starting character. I think it covers most of the important stuff. Please tell me if there's anything I'm missing.

Low Lifestyle (3 months paid), 6000
Knife, 20
Morrissey Elan, 450
Spare clips (5), 25
250 rounds regular ammo, 500
100 rounds HiC plastic ammo, 1500
100 rounds explosive ammo, 500
Ares Predator IV, 350
Spare clips (5), 25
250 rounds regular ammo, 500
100 rounds explosive ammo, 500
Body armor bag, 750
Lined coat, 700
Certified credsticks (5), 125
Fake SIN (Rating 3), 3000
Fake License (Rating 4), 400
Commlink (Total 4100)
  • Hermes Ikon, 3000
  • Iris Orb, 1000
  • Skinlink, 50
  • Subvocal microphone, 50

Honda Spirit, 10,000

Total: nuyen.gif 29,445
Andinel
You might want to get a second, dummy commlink and keep your commlink with all the illegal stuff off or in hidden mode always.
Glyph
A rating: 6 medkit and 2 refills is only 700 nuyen.gif , money well spent.

You might want to replace the Honda with a cheaper vehicle, such as a Dodge Scoot, and use the money saved to raise the rating of your Fake ID by 1, and get a basic DocWagon Contract.

Does your character have cyberware? If he doesn't have cybereyes with a smartlink, then he will need glasses or contacts with an image link and smartlink to be able to use the Predator IV's smartlink. Also, get a skinlink modification for both the glasses/contacts and the Predator IV - you don't want someone hacking your gun.

The knife is a suboptimal option. Either get a ceramic one (for concealability), or get something like a survival knife or a Fineblade, for the better damage. A knife does fit a street punk type character, but if this guy can afford pistols and body armor, then he should be able to afford a good knife. This is one of his "working tools", after all.

Don't be afraid to take FFBA or PPP armor to increase your survivability - both armors are designed to be combined with other armors.
Draco18s
Backpack, coil of rope (silk, 50'), grappling hook, and a ten foot pole.

Wait. Wrong game.
Fix-it
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Apr 12 2009, 06:17 PM) *
Backpack, coil of rope (silk, 50'), grappling hook, and a ten foot pole.

Wait. Wrong game.

not necessarily. in the barrens, underground, and other areas of disrepair, those items will come in handy.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Fix-it @ Apr 12 2009, 07:58 PM) *
not necessarily. in the barrens, underground, and other areas of disrepair, those items will come in handy.

True, but they're less standard in shadowrun than in That Other Game (I should note, however, that the World's Largest Dungeon is pretty decent--my god we were so paranoid: one trap on the ceiling and standard operating proceedure included searching the ceiling for traps (we never found one), and we spiked doors shut at night....with 37 spikes).
Tanegar
Glasses, 25
  • Low Light, 100
  • Flare Compensation, 50
  • Image Link, 25
  • Smartlink, 500

Spare commlink
  • Meta Link, 100
  • Vector Xim, 200

Cougar Fineblade (long), 900
Medkit (Rating 6), 600
Medkit supplies (2), 100
DocWagon Contract Basic (1 year), 5000

...and swapping the regular knife for a ceramic blade and the Spirit for a Suzuki Mirage motorcycle (6500) brings me to nuyen.gif 33,600. Since I already have a skinlink on my primary commlink, do I need to buy separate skinlinks for every other device I want connected to it (glasses, Predator IV, spare commlink)?

And my character has no cyberware. The concept here is a mid-level Mob enforcer/hitman moving into full-time shadowrunning. He's accumulated some decent gear over the course of his career in organized crime, and wouldn't be squeamish about getting cyber replacements to repair combat injuries, but he never really saw the point in getting chrome for chrome's sake.
Tanegar
Do I need separate skinlink mods for every item that I want connected to my commlink, or does one module enable this functionality on all my devices? The BBB is ambiguous on this point.
InfinityzeN
Yes, though it is really up to your GM.
Stingray
Tranq.patches,Gas mask, Respirator,Silencer,Tag eraser,Radio signal scanner(high rating)
InfinityzeN
There is a Must Have/Essentual Starting Gear thread somewhere floating about.
paws2sky
One of at least two lengthy ones, that I know of.

Here's the most recent one.

-paws
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012