Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Take Aim and indirect combat spells
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shinobi Killfist
So technically by the rules I don't think it is possible since "A character may take aim with a ready ranged weapon (firearm, bow, or throwing weapon) as a Simple Action" A fireball is not a ranged weapon, you can't "ready it", and not one of the specific examples. But it does follow the ranged combat rules so to me it should be able to work. Am I missing anything outside of house rules that would allow this?
Cain
Nope. You can Take Aim with a fireball. It's treated as a ranged weapon.
Ancient History
Heck, I'd let you make a called shot with an indirect combat spell.
Caadium
I'd allow aiming and called shots with indirect spells. This is their strength, and also why they can be 'dodged'.
Shinobi Killfist
Sweet, I'll have to figure out how to work Krav Maga into my current character then smile.gif

Ancient History,(not sure if you are the right person to ask) do you think in an errata the text could be changed to "A character may take aim with a ranged attack such as a firearm, bow, or throwing weapon as a Simple Action" By specifying a ready ranged weapon a literal reading of the rules would remove indirect spells from the equation since they aren't weapons and they can't be readied. Using ranged combat rules is not the same as being a ranged weapon. I thought the intent was to have it work for all ranged combat, but it did not seem to fit the RAW.
Ancient History
I have little juice, but I will bring it up.
Shinobi Killfist
Thanks.
darthmord
It does make sense that if something is affected by all the negatives of ranged combat, it should be affected by the positives to ranged combat.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Makes definite sense in my book...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012