Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Grasping Vapors
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jr. Woodchuck
Summoning a simple watcher to cuff the vampire.

I will stay away at a distance.

If you want I can roll, but force of the watcher isn't important to me.
Shadow
Hey guys, a heads up here, I am feeling pretty sick, a head cold or something. My posts will be on the minimalist side here for the next few days until I am feeling better. Please continue to post. Unless you need specific knowledge about something just assume any tests you make work (ie perception tests). I would like it if the game kept rolling.

-Shadow
Jr. Woodchuck
Sure no problem.
Jr. Woodchuck
Grendel I am going to have to check out my character sheet which is at home, before I can reply to the question of how much money does Delacroix have.
Jr. Woodchuck
Grendel I was under the assumption that a Bison looks like a Win-a-bego. ...and that exterior wise your vehicle looks just like a camper.
grendel
While true that the Bison nominally resembles an RV or oversized SUV from the outside, it would not pass a Tir border inspection. Assuming, of course, that they did anything more than simply look in the driver's window.
Jr. Woodchuck
Welcome aboard Fortune.
smile.gif
Fortune
Thanks. Good to be here. smile.gif
Shadow
@ Leo,

I woulkd assume that BJ and Joe have a realtion ship as extensive as anyone who is dating for a couple of weeks.
Fortune
Especially if she lives up to that nickname. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Leowulf
Hey now wink.gif

That's why she prefers to be called Blackjack.
grendel
You threw off my groove, Shadow! smile.gif Now we're all out of order. (Beware the groove!)
Shadow
ahhh (in best imitation of the LGM's) the grooooove. All hail, the groooove!
Fortune
QUOTE (Shadow)
Double post dagnabit.

I don't see a double post! wobble.gif
Fortune
I'd post IC, but I'm still waiting on a response to my last post. Maybe you could use the 'double post' to reply, Shadow. [/hint]
Shadow
Pester pester smile.gif

Post done.
Shadow
Ok so does anyone have soemthing that needs to be done before the next day? I would like to fastforward to the meet.

Ok except Grendel who is doing something.
Jr. Woodchuck
I am simply along for the ride with Grendel at this point. ...but am ready to fast forward to the meet when Grendel is done.
grendel
I'm just moving back and forth between threads, I'm ready to fast forward. smile.gif
Fortune
I'm always ready! wink.gif
Shadow
It is roughly 7am. When you guys post your arrivals it will be 9.
Fortune
Sorry about my absence. My access sucks as of late, for a variety of reasons. Hopefully my problems will be short-lived, and in the end will result in even better (or at least more convenient) access in the near future. [fingers-crossed smiley]

Let the games begin! smile.gif
Shadow
I acted for Fortune in a miinor way in hopes of getting the thread moving. Apologies buddy if I stepped on your toes.
Fortune
No problem whatsoever. I was hoping you would do just that. smile.gif

I really do apologize for my extended absence. Believe me when I say that it was totally unavoidable. frown.gif

I'm hoping that I will be here more often in the very near future.
Fortune
Belatedly answering questions...

Grendel: Sharpe does indeed have comm equipment (along with the appropriate encryption).
grendel
Roger. Rather than post anew, I went back and edited my previous one. Consider Sharpe to be receiving all of the radio traffic sent by Grendel and Delacroix.
Shadow
Grendel, I need a surprise test from you. Fortune and Jr I need perception checks, your TN is 3.

grendel
9, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1
Shadow
Guys, I am going to use the DCRS to keep track of fights, combat pool, and health from now on. No need to roll initiative, though you do roll everything else.

Jr, I need you to go in to the DCRS and input your characters stats. Since you never mailed me the character sheet....

In the current round only Grendel gets to go, go after I post ren. Everyone else I need those perception checks so you can get in on the fight. Assuming Grendel doesn't let you know in some way.
Shadow
I need an unarmed combat (or martial arts) roll from Grendal.

TN of 4.
grendel
Arnis de Mano (6) plus 4 combat pool:

10, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1

Karma pool reroll.

13, 9, 3, 1, 1

7 successes.

The ghoul is charging Grendel with his claws outstretched, reaching for the elf's face. Grendel will attempt to side step to the left, sweep the ghoul's hands with his left hand, and strike to the ghoul's larynx with his right hand. Grendel will also transmit a trouble call over the radio to Delacroix and Sharpe.
Shadow
Woodchuck and Fortune can go now, they Bison, they can easily make it to the bathroom quickly an dact as needed.

Grendel, you can go.
grendel
Quickdraw is a reaction test against a target number 4. The Browning is held in a quickdraw (concealable) holster so no penalties apply.

14, 9, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1

First shot. Pistols (6) plus 2 combat pool.

14, 7, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4

Second shot. Pistols (6).

8, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3

The Browning is loaded with hollowpoint ammo, which is +1 to the power (+3 to the power if target is unarmored) and the target uses ballistic+impact to resist.

Jr. Woodchuck
Guys sorry for the delay.

Weekend + Girlfriend = no internet access.

When I get home tonight i'll fill out the character database thingy, and then roll my init, etc.

Sorry for the delay.
grendel
Let me know when Grendel can act again.
Shadow
Go ahead Grendel.
Jr. Woodchuck
I'm back and ready to post! spin.gif
Jr. Woodchuck
Shadow,

Is she just astrally awakened like any other astrally awakened child her age, or is she more potent?

Additionally would it be safe to conclude that her ability to paint different pictures is due to her casting clarvoiance spells or something similar in game terms, but just unintentally?
Shadow
She is definitely more potent. And yes, that would be a fair assessment, if not entirely accurate.
grendel
"I've got a bad feeling about this."

"You always say that, Frost, you always say 'I've got a bad feeling about this.'"

"Well, when we get back without you, I'll tell your Ma you was real brave."
Shadow
"17 days! Were not going to last 17 hours! They're going to come in her, just like they did before. They're going to come in here nad kill us all!

"HUDSON, Hudson! This little girl lasted longer than that with no food and no training, right Newt?"

"A-firmitive!"

"Well great! Why don't you put her in charge!"

One of the BEST movies, all time, hands down.
Jr. Woodchuck
Okay basically i'm looking for the big magically interest parties in and around our destination. I realize its a long shot, but the intention is to be familiar with the magical teritory before I get there.

Delacroix will care about the following subjects, feel free to fill in info on any of the following, if you dont mention it i'll assume that there was nothing about the subject.

--Tir Ghosts and how they are perceived.
--The Awakened, in general.
--The Awakened, in the youth, how they are perceived, what schools are available, youth organizations, clubs, etc.
--Any HMHVV cases that can be found, excludeing ghouls.
Shadow
any computer skill Jr? If not default to int and give me some roles, knowledge skills to if they apply.
Jr. Woodchuck
Running off intelligence:
Jr. Woodchuck
Spell: Mindlink pg193
Target: 4
Force:1
Sorcery Dice: 7
+ Spell pool: 4

Sorcery Results: 1,1,1,1,2,4,4,4,4,5,13 (6 Results)

Drain Code 2S
Willpower: 6
+ Spell pool: 2

Drain Results: 1,1,2,2,4,4,4,4 (No Drain)

I'm trying to open up a line of communication. I will also be viewing her astrally while casting the spell, to determine how she is reacting to the spell.
Jr. Woodchuck
If your waiting for me to post, its because I dont know what to say. If i'm unconcious, or in "oblivion" I want to wait for you to initiate a "wakeup" before I post again.
Shadow
Yeah I need to get home and get to my books before I can go any further. Your not unconscious you are 'elsewhere'.

Sorry I meant to say this earlier.
Jr. Woodchuck
Roger dodger.
Shadow
Grr. Ok. So I had a very busy night, the good news is I am off at 4:30 today (AST) So as soon as I am home I will get the relavent info and start the ball rolling.
Jr. Woodchuck
sure no problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012