Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Grasping Vapors
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Shadow
This is a private run so I apologize for anyone who sees this and wants to join. Read Night at Renos for information leading up to this run.
Jr. Woodchuck
Okay guys here's the story. I will write up Delacroix again. I'll be looking thru all the archived stories of Delacroix, and will create him as closely as he was to the original, then i'll go ahead and add and spend the karma he's earned.

Shadow excellent job. I'm sure your just as proud as I am about all of this. ...but not only do I think were one of the very few to finish a game, but I believe were the only ones to continue a story arc. "Delacroix" and his Vampirism.

Horray for us!
Jr. Woodchuck
Delacroix sent to your email, Shadow. I'm ready to begin when you are.
Shadow
I got it, let's get it on.
Jr. Woodchuck
FYI I am waiting for you to post shadow.
Shadow
@ Grendel,

need to know precisly what you are doing (scanning wise) before and during the meet.
grendel
I'm going to deploy the Doberman to a disguised position that allows it to develop enfilading fire with the Bison. The drone's weapons will be ready, but I'll keep the Bison's turret stowed until needed. The Condor will be in a 200m overhead orbit centered on Delacroix. I'll keep everything on passive scan, and I'll open up the EW console to look for radio transmissions as well as rigger networks.
Shadow
Jr. Woodchuck, I need two rolls from you, a perception check and a reaction test.

Grendel
I need a reaction test from you, remember if your jacked in you get to add your VCR to it.
Jr. Woodchuck
Perception 8,5,3,2,1
Reaction 5,4,4,3,1
grendel
19, 11, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2, 1
Shadow
I need a init roll from everyone.
grendel
Jr. Woodchuck
Shadow
Heres the deal, they got init and suprise on Del, but they are chosing to aks first. So They are holding there actions, if Del tries to do anything other than respond, they use their held action to attack. However, before Del does respond Grendel can choose to act considering he beat them on the suprise test and wasn't suprised. So as it stands,

Gren your up.
grendel
From your post, I'm assuming that my surprise action allowed me to acheive sensor lock on the targets. For my first initiative action, then, I'm going to order my drones to engage hostile surface targets utilizing turret mounted automatic weapons. That should be the Ares Alpha for the Doberman and the Ares Alpha for the Bison. Issuing drone commands is a complex action, so that's all I can do, but since I'm issuing the same command I don't have to spend two actions. Both drones will engage using sensor-enhanced gunnery. I don't have the modifiers on hand, so I'll have to post them later. Also, any successes generated by my intial active target lock (since I'm using FDDM) can be used as additional dice on the attack test. Again, I don't have my books with me so I'll double check that later. Also, since the Bison's turret wasn't deployed at the time, it will take a complex action to do so, meaning it won't be able to engage until its next action. With any luck, though, all of the Tangos will focus on the Doberman, allowing me to take them from the rear. Since FDDM is designed to coordinate multiple strikes, the Doberman should know to take the two tangos closest to it, while the Bison takes the remaining two. I'll inform Delacroix of the intended target strike. I'll leave it up to his decision whether or not he wants to stand and fight or committ to a tactical withdrawal.
Shadow
Your assumptions are correct.
grendel
My recall of FDDM procedures is correct as well. The sensor enhanced gunnery table is as follows:

Condition : modifier
Urban Environment : +2
Direct LOS : -3
Interrupted LOS : 0
ECM in use : variable
ECCM in use: variable
Recoil : as per usual
Recoil Compensation : vehicle mounts halve recoil modifiers
Attacker wounded : + damage modifier
Attacking vehicle damaged : + damage modifier
Jr. Woodchuck
Are we waiting on me or Grendel?
Shadow
Grendel I think, his drones were going to open fire but he hasn't rolled.
Jr. Woodchuck
K just wanted to make sure.
grendel
Sorry, didn't know you wanted me to roll.

Doberman: 13, 11, 5, 1

Bison: 3, 2, 1, 1

I'll spend a karma to reroll those since they're all most likely failures.

Bison (x2): 8, 3, 3, 1
Shadow
When do the drones enter the phase? On your init, or on your init on the next pass?

Either way, Delacroix feel free to post your response to their question, bear in mind the consequences though....
Shadow
Ok Del, just need a post from you responding to Grendels warning...
grendel
Well, he was running towards the Bison until the bad guys decided to stop for conversation.
Shadow
I feel as if I am being made fun of..... vegm.gif
grendel
I would never make fun of a gamemaster. Or, at least not while I was still in the game. smile.gif
Jr. Woodchuck
Guys i'm gonna post Delacroixs actions tonight. Actually shadow its up to you. I want to cast a spell. If you want me to roll the stuff then i'm gonna do it tonight when I get home from work. If you'll roll for me then i'll post my actions and we can move on. Whatever is best for you. I have no preference whether I roll or not
Shadow
If you want to move on now, then post your actions and I will take care of the rolls. As a general rule though, I dislike rolling for players.

Shadow
New pass, Grendel is up, Del you go last. So Gren will post, then I will, then you.

@ Delacroix,
could you move, and keep, all your OOC stuff in the OOC thread. I like to go back and read the games and the tn's and rolls in the IC thread disrupt the flow. Thanks.
Jr. Woodchuck
np sorry. I suppose that is what the OOC thread is for. wink.gif
Shadow
Oh I forgot, resist a 6M Delacroix, from the bullets.
Jr. Woodchuck
ACK! I'll have to do this when I get home tonight.
Shadow
The axe weilding vamp is behind a barrier, and has 3/4 protection from the doberman. Unfortunetly for him he has yet to spot the Bison, and has no cover from it.

The dobreman got lucky, the bullets just sparked the pavement around it.
grendel
Grendel will delay his next action.
Jr. Woodchuck
Ouch, and Delacroix takes the hit!

I should have Moderate dmg.
grendel
Was armor already factored in to the damage code?
Shadow
Del your up
Jr. Woodchuck
OMG your right, i'm wearing a trenchcoat and form fitting. Can't remember the armor rating on top of my head right now. Anyway I believe that means I pass. We'll figure out the details later tonight, when I see my character sheet.
Shadow
That give you six points of armor. Which meens you dont take damage.
Shadow
Delacroix what are you doing besides talking?
Jr. Woodchuck
I'm waiting for next initiative roll. I have no further actions that I can do.
Shadow
Oh right, I am on a roll today. frown.gif
grendel
Grendel is going to jump directly into the Bison. That's a complex action.
Shadow
ok init from everyone please.

Sorry about the slow going guys, it has been a hectic couple of weeks.
Jr. Woodchuck
Dont worry about it bro.

I go on 7
grendel

Grendel will engage the remaining targets save for the one surrounded by Delacroix's barrier using the Bison's Ares Alpha in the turret.
Shadow
@ Grendel,

The Bison can't get going very quickly, did you want to do an acceleration test to make it go faster? Or did you have something else in mind.
grendel
Oh yeah, it's going to be an acceleration test. With some control pool. smile.gif

5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1
Shadow
Well you accelerate all right smile.gif

I need a ram test form you, your vehicle skill vs a tn of 3.
grendel
Okay, three more control pool in with this roll.

10, 8, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012