Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirit powers and OR.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dumori
I can seam to find a reference or remember if spirit powers need to beat OR. Also please tell me if there is any differences in this ruling between SR4 and SR4A.
tricwebs
QUOTE (Dumori @ Apr 25 2009, 05:52 AM) *
I can seam to find a reference or remember if spirit powers need to beat OR. Also please tell me if there is any differences in this ruling between SR4 and SR4A.

Well, the FAQ states "To determine if a critter power that doesn't normally call for a Success Test or Opposed Test affects a nonliving object, have the critter make a Magic x 2 (Object Resistance) Success Test. If the critter does not score enough hits to beat the Object Resistance threshold, then the object is unaffected." So, I would have to say that spirit powers would be the same.
Dumori
Ugh wow that's one power buster for any lower force spirits. need to be force 8 to regularly affect drones! And make some powers not as useful. That and the movement power "fix" means that getting any man made object affected by the movement power would make it rather fast. Oh well its not too bad. It also make natural weapons shit.
Shinobi Killfist
I wonder if concealment has to beat OR. It doesn't seem to have a test, it just removes perception dice. Sorry what I mean to say is I am not sure if its effecting the targe tor effecting the thing, people it is concelaing.
pbangarth
The Magic vs. OR test seems to be separate from the application of the power. So even if the power does not use a Success Test, it may require this separate Magic Test. So in the case of a sensor, for example, the Magic Test would be applied first, and if it were successful, then the removal of perception dice would happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012