Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is on your shelf?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Meatbag
I've actually been fond of Made Men. The setting is about as far from SR as metahumanly possible, but Jim Belushi is one HELL of a Face.

Can't fight worth a damn, can't seem to hold onto a gun for more than three seconds, and gets screwed by practically everyone..But obviously maxed out his Con skill.
ICPiK
QUOTE (K2that'sit @ Apr 26 2009, 09:22 AM) *
The Way of The Gun must see it.

Yep was reading the post and was gonna list that as one of my favorite... jack of all trade oppotunist SR. Gotta see it!
Neraph
Has anyone mentioned the Dresden Files yet? Harry Dresden is a total SR mage. Bob is a F8 (or higher) free guardian spirit inhabiting a skull.. I could go on.

Great to illustrate how traditions flavor magic, how fetishes and foci are used, and how summoning works.

And drain. Lots and lots of drain.
Angelone
Munich
Bangkok Dangerous
Chrysalis (french cyberpunk iirc)
Replicator: cloned to kill

Among others already mentioned.
Machiavelli
Did somebody already mentioned "Ghost Dog"???
Chrysalis
I am going to choose the movies:
Bladerunner
Repo: The Genetic Opera
Hellraiser

For comic-book inspiration I will go with:
DMZ
Bert
OK, I'm just dragging this topic back from the dead.... spin.gif

I second Ghost Dog. A lone guy obviously living a squatter life style living by his own code doing what it takes to repay a debt (or in this case, a percieved debt). Sounds like a good character concept to me...
wylie
cybercity 808 odeo--cyber criminals working off multi-life sentences for the cops

minority report--tom cruise plays a cop on the run; AR, eye scanners, gridlink

i am surprised I got these out first

Payback--mel gibson wanting his money after being betrayed

black rain--american cop chases yakuza thug thru tokyo

2nd ghost dog, ronin, and leverage, plus sneakers
wylie
oops forgot one

replacement killers--whats happens when a runner (chou yung fat) decides to not to finish a run
Snow_Fox
Bladerunner
Robocop
Ghost in the Shell seasons 1 & 2 and Solid State Society.
The Dresden Files
The Shadow (the movie with Alec Baldwin.)
SincereAgape
Cowboy Bebop. For the style, music, characterization, archtypes, and filler type episodes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012