Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using First Aid, then Heal, on the same set of wounds
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Psikerlord
Hi all, just wondering whether it is possible to (i) use First Aid on a set of wounds, and then (ii) use Heal spell on the same set of (remaining) wounds? It seems from the healing rules that you cannot use first aid if you've already magically healed - but what about the other way round? The Heal spell is silent on the issue. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Ancient History
Yes.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
What more need be said...
BlueMax
QUOTE (Ancient History @ May 11 2009, 05:09 AM) *
Yes.

Ancient History is wrong.

The answer is "Frag yeah, that's legal! and recommended."

BlueMax
Draco18s
I thought it was Heal, then First Aid.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 11 2009, 08:14 PM) *

Other way around my friend... You want mundane before magical if you can get it...
BlueMax
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 11 2009, 08:14 PM) *

You can do it either way but if you First Aid first, the mage fights less drain.
Ancient History
QUOTE (BlueMax @ May 12 2009, 04:19 AM) *
You can do it either way but if you First Aid first, the mage fights less drain.

No, First Aid may not be applied if a set of wounds has been magically healed.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ancient History @ May 11 2009, 08:23 PM) *

Ditto... once magic has been applied, mundane Firts Aid will provide no benefit...
Psikerlord
Thanks all, I just thought I'd check, because in earlier editions I'm pretty sure mundane healing ang magical healing were mutually exclusive. But in SR4, if you do it in the right order, it appears you can double up (assuming your mage is willing to risk the drain). Cheers! smile.gif
BlueMax
QUOTE (Ancient History @ May 11 2009, 07:23 PM) *

Err, sorry. I kept thinking First Aid and Medicine operated similarly.
"Halp! I've fallen into the realism trap and I can't get up!"

BlueMax
BlueMax
QUOTE (Psikerlord @ May 11 2009, 08:01 PM) *
Thanks all, I just thought I'd check, because in earlier editions I'm pretty sure mundane healing ang magical healing were mutually exclusive. But in SR4, if you do it in the right order, it appears you can double up (assuming your mage is willing to risk the drain). Cheers! smile.gif

Wait. It gets better.

Even if your mage suffers drain.. you can First Aid away that too. My team regularly washes away damage.

It's like all I can do is kill them.

BlueMax
/And it breaks my heart.
// no wait, I'll break theirs.
Ancient History
QUOTE (BlueMax @ May 12 2009, 05:15 AM) *
Err, sorry. I kept thinking First Aid and Medicine operated similarly.
"Halp! I've fallen into the realism trap and I can't get up!"

BlueMax

Hey, if realism had anything to do with it, no damage would be healed by First Aid at all - you'd just have a much smaller chance of infection, bleeding to death, pain, and various other complications of your injuries.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Ancient History @ May 11 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Hey, if realism had anything to do with it, no damage would be healed by First Aid at all - you'd just have a much smaller chance of infection, bleeding to death, pain, and various other complications of your injuries.

Read my sig. I was honest about calling realism a trap. And I am embarrassed that I fell into it.

BlueMax
/serious Max
//is serious
Psikerlord
Hmm.. oh yeah, First Aid helps with stun damage... awesome!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012