Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creating ally spirits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Mordinvan
And while I'm thinking about it, is there anything except karma costs keeping a mage from having multiple ally spirits? or are they a one at a time sort of deal?
Zak
QUOTE (The Jake @ May 21 2009, 06:53 AM) *
I mean, technically you can try to argue it either way, but by my own reading of the book - based on Inhabitation, Insect Spirits, and the Twisted sidebar in Street Magic, suggests that the soul/spirit/whatever is DESTROYED upon Inhabitation. Not departed, merged or otherwise shunted - DESTROYED.

Yes, reading the rulebook. But for characters this is not possible. There is no way to measure this in game (unlike Magic Rating or Essence).

The spirit after the Inhabitation has all the memories of the host. He may actually be the host(+some funky powers). It all depends on the interpretation offered to the characters in question.
The Jake
QUOTE (Zak @ May 21 2009, 10:34 AM) *
Yes, reading the rulebook. But for characters this is not possible. There is no way to measure this in game (unlike Magic Rating or Essence).

The spirit after the Inhabitation has all the memories of the host. He may actually be the host(+some funky powers). It all depends on the interpretation offered to the characters in question.

I know! There lies the rub!

It's impossible for a PC to know "are they dead" or "is it really them?"

This is why when I describe Insect Spirits to newbie SR players I say to them "Think 'Aliens' meets 'Invasion Of The Body Snatchers'".

Usually that's enough to get jaws dropping.

- J.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012