Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aspected Magician/Spell Category & Spellcasting Specialization
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
10gauge
I'm working on an aspected Chinese pacifist Wuxing Mage. He is limited to health spells. Now I was asking myself whether it is possible to give him a spellcasting/health spells specialization. Since he is limited to health spells, it would be somewhat illogical if he could do so (IMO). Unfortunately, I couldn't find any information regarding my problem. Did I overlook something?

TIA!
Caadium
In SR4 that is a 10 bp negative quality. It doesn't prohibit you from casting or summoning things that are not health related. Instead, you just suffer a -4 modifier to those types of casting and spirits. I see no reason that characters of this type wouldn't specialize.
Ancient History
Street Magic->The Awakened Character->Tweaking the Rules (p.31)->Expert Aspected Magician (second column, second-to-last)
10gauge
Ah, ok. Sorry, I should have read that.

So if I have magic 6 & spellcasting 4 and specialize in health spells I'd have

14 dice for health spells
4 dice for spells of other categories

Right?
Ancient History
Yup. Plus mentor spirit/focus bonus, if any.
10gauge
Does the target's essence still affect magic healing? question.gif
Ancient History
Lost Essence does give a negative dice pool modifier, yes (see the first paragraph on Health category spells). Mystical Healing (p.121, Augmentation) does not. Yay hippiemancers!
10gauge
Damn, I'm either blind or too tired...

Thank you!
Caadium
QUOTE (10gauge @ May 13 2009, 04:29 PM) *
Ah, ok. Sorry, I should have read that.

So if I have magic 6 & spellcasting 4 and specialize in health spells I'd have

14 dice for health spells
4 dice for spells of other categories

Right?

And if the GM is opposed to the optional rule you'd have 12 dice for Health magic (before patron spirit) and 6 dice for other magic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012