Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Assault Go-Gangs of Seattle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
SincereAgape
By 2090 or 3000 Go-Gangs will begin flying around in GMC Banshees terrorizing the streets of Auburn, the Barrens, and Downtown Seattle.

God help us when the Corps and Long Star unleash their next step in tech.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ May 18 2009, 01:22 PM) *
sadly, its one of the movies on my all to long "never got round to watching" list...

its one of those movies that came out while i was way to deep within my own world to really watch anything close to popular culture...

I didn't enjoy the movie, personally (I know, sacrelige), but the scene where he is describing how a family burned to death from a known defect, but the company didn't issue a recall because the formula said it was cheaper to settle x number of lawsuits than to fix the problem. Since we're talking about drones with fully automatic weapons, they can burn through a phenomenaly expensive amount of ammunition firing something like SnS, as opposed to Gel, which will get them off the hook with the municipality for at least resorting to "less-than-lethal" force.

For those that care, the new PC term in law enforcement is "less-than-lethal" because it was making for a bad image when officers wound up killing people with "non-lethal" weapons.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ May 18 2009, 01:32 PM) *
By 2090 or 3000 Go-Gangs will begin flying around in GMC Banshees terrorizing the streets of Auburn, the Barrens, and Downtown Seattle.

God help us when the Corps and Long Star unleash their next step in tech.

Please see the FederatedBoeing Eagle-C, P.116 Arsenal
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ May 18 2009, 07:36 PM) *
I didn't enjoy the movie, personally (I know, sacrelige), but the scene where he is describing how a family burned to death from a known defect, but the company didn't issue a recall because the formula said it was cheaper to settle x number of lawsuits than to fix the problem. Since we're talking about drones with fully automatic weapons, they can burn through a phenomenaly expensive amount of ammunition firing something like SnS, as opposed to Gel, which will get them off the hook with the municipality for at least resorting to "less-than-lethal" force.

For those that care, the new PC term in law enforcement is "less-than-lethal" because it was making for a bad image when officers wound up killing people with "non-lethal" weapons.

in the same way that kevlar and later is now defined as bullet-resistant, not bullet-proof...

and i think the argument about breaking the law if the fine is less expensive then the alternative also comes up in this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Corporation

hell, check the bottom of the page, its freely downloadable.

who needs fiction, when reality is so much weirder...
Darkeus
Isn't the Yellowjacket still in use?? Is it not possible for the go-gangers to be using outdated Yellowjackets for their air tirades? This is not that unbelievable..

Man, Shadowrun is a game, not real life.. Why do people always try to compare the two? Apples and oranges people..
If I wanted a game that recreated real life, well I would just live and stop playing RPG's! smile.gif

Shadowrun has all kinds of one man copters. Hell, who says they couldn't steal a Cessna C750 that has been around since 2053 in Shadowrun, probably before.. This is not as unusual as people are making it out to be.
Ryu
QUOTE (kzt @ May 18 2009, 05:46 PM) *
Actually, they do have rotor drones all over town. The Lone Star Strato Drones. Armed with a MMG, used for routine surveillance.

Out of curiosity: Are the Strato´s still around? Couldn´t find them for SR4.

I handle the drone aspect differently. I can live with the parallel societies of syndicates/corps/gangs/unaffiliated citizens. Within the "everybody is on their own" mentality, you could indeed care less if your neighboring hood was firebombed, as long as the offenders know that you have Tominos with flamethrowers and pitchforks.
What I remove is the "here hacker/rigger, have a combat drone service with our name on it". LEBD "drone officers" and surveilance blimps are fine. Floating MMG turrets not.
DireRadiant
Gangs in Lockheed Sparrows only 20k nuyen each....
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Ryu @ May 18 2009, 09:29 PM) *
Out of curiosity: Are the Strato´s still around? Couldn´t find them for SR4.

not listed in arsenal from what i can tell...
kzt
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ May 18 2009, 02:11 PM) *
not listed in arsenal from what i can tell...

Stratos were great. You could buy the entire drone, including the MMG and hundreds of rounds of ammo, for less than what the MMG cost. And, while buying an MMG was hard as it is a Forbidden item, Stratos were legal and sold at Bob's Drone Shop over the counter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012