Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Combat spells vs drones/vehicules
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PatB
I need to confirm the following, using SR4A:

1- Direct Combat spells doing stun: no effect on drones
2- Direct Combat spells doing physical: Need a Force 6 spell or better to hope to damage the drone (need 6 successes to reach the object resistance threshold and the maximum number of hits on a spell equals its force)
3- Indirect Combat spells: On a hit, the drone resists with Body + Armor (half armor from spell, double armor because it is an object, both notes as per Indirect section description). This is where I'm getting confused because the example in that same section says Body + half armor resistance for the drone. Which one is correct ??

Tx a bunch
Prime Mover
1. Vehicles DO NOT take stun. Correct.
2. Object resistance has been lowered to a max of 5 in the changes reference document download.
3. Target resists with Body+half impact armor. Non living objects resist with Armor rating x2. I believe this rule stays the same from first version.
Shinobi Killfist
I believe a drone will resist with body + 1/2 armor. Its armor wont be doubled first because even though its an object it is not like a barrier with a structure rating, vehicles have there own type of resistance modeled more after a living being than a wall.
Prime Mover
Only reference I'm seeing in indirect definition is Armor x2 with non-living objects. Is there another spot I'm missing?
PatB
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ May 25 2009, 11:16 AM) *
Only reference I'm seeing in indirect definition is Armor x2 with non-living objects. Is there another spot I'm missing?

The example that follows. It's about a mage hitting a drone with Flamethrower. The drone has a Body of 3 and an Armor of 2 and resists with Body + half Armor.

Still wondering if the drone resists with Body + Armor or Body + half Armor.
Shinobi Killfist
due to the quote I think objects is generally referring to things with an Armor and Structure rating. Vehicles have armor and body and are treated like people to see if armor is halved. Pg 167 of 4A says vehicle armor is treated just like character armor. Since vehicles move around and are a part of the standard combat round I think it is supposed to work like people not objects for ease of use, so the armor is just halved, not doubled and then halved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012