Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Aid Healing
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stingray
The maximum damage healable with First Aid skill is equal to the skill rating, but i am asking if
something increase possible damage healed with First Aid skill?
a. Specialization (First Aid (Combat Wounds))
b. Quick Healer Quality (+2 all Healing Tests..)
c. Something else
Dakka Dakka
Nope, a and b only give bonus dice, they do not increase the skill rating, thus they do not increase the maximum number of healed boxes. So with a skill of six you could only ever heal six boxes but you would need eight hits.

The only things I can think of that would increase the maximum is the adept power improved ability, and aptitude if you actually get the skill to 7.
BIG BAD BEESTE
I use 3rd edition primarily, but have applied the damage box healing per success of 4th. I limit the max healable damage to the character's skill rating in First Aid or the Rating of the Medkit whichever is higher (medkits used to be Rating 3 on average, but I allow up to Rating 10 medical tools - but then you're tlking like a full on trauma treatment facility there). this was to reflect a good paramedic being able to stick you back together with staples and superglue or a office first aider to follow the high tech AutoDoc program of a Saviour medical pack.

With 4th edition, I've been toying with the idea of a max skill rating of 10 rather than 6 (11 if you've got the Aptitude Quality). However, to evalute between the 3rd & 4th edition, you could only reduce your 3rd ED Wound Level by 1 step with First Aid which was the equivalent of 3-6 boxes from Serious to Moderate. If you got a Deadly Wound (10 Boxes) you could only be stabilised until proper medical treatment arrived.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Stingray @ May 26 2009, 03:27 AM) *
b. Quick Healer Quality (+2 all Healing Tests..)

Remember, that quality has to be on the target, not the medic.
Stingray
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 26 2009, 07:57 PM) *
Remember, that quality has to be on the target, not the medic.

..A Quick Healer recovers from damage more quickly than
other characters. The character receives +2 dice pool modifier to
all Healing Tests made on/for/by him, including magical healing.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Stingray @ May 26 2009, 08:01 PM) *

Yup, but those two dice do not increase the maximum of healed boxes. The healer is only more likely to reach the maximum.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Stingray @ May 26 2009, 02:01 PM) *

I think the by him is referring to natural healing tests. not to there skill with a medkit on others.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ May 26 2009, 08:38 PM) *
I think the by him is referring to natural healing tests. not to there skill with a medkit on others.

Or using a medkit on themselves.
Dakka Dakka
But on/for refers to First Aid or Healing Spells.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ May 26 2009, 11:02 PM) *
But on/for refers to First Aid or Healing Spells.

Also correct.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012