Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running Wild...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
GreyBrother
QUOTE (toturi @ May 29 2009, 12:35 PM) *
Don't you mean Desperate Immortal Elves? And that is a lot of shagging going on.

Moar like "Elves and the City", amirite?

On a serious note: Yep, that whole earthdawn thing could convince me to drop that adventure line fully. I can't stand the squeeing of ED Fanboys.
Prime Mover
Most of my current players have been around since 1st edition and enjoyed original -H- adventure and many many years of thwarting IE plots. When the game changed gears and went more street level we had a hard time making the adjustment. From international world spanning plots and centuries old conspiracy's. To getting paid a few grand to do some muscle work for a local gangster. I guess the Shadowrun I grew up with was played out on a grander scale. I'm all for starting out new characters on the street. But I for one enjoy the fact there is a great conspiracy behind everything that the players can eventually become part of. I like peanut butter with chocolate and I like my SR with all its elements.

If I wanted a pure cyberpunk game I'd unbox my cp2020 stuff it does it better. If I want a pure fantasy game I'd dig out my D20's they do it better. If I want a game that can be both of those things and alot more with 20 years of history behind it, that I'm not going to stick my head in the sand over regardless of how much I personally dislike it (cough--surge--cough) I'll keep playing SR.

And just to keep on topic I'm still chomping at the bit for Running Wild. nyahnyah.gif
The Jake
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ May 30 2009, 12:44 PM) *
Most of my current players have been around since 1st edition and enjoyed original -H- adventure and many many years of thwarting IE plots. When the game changed gears and went more street level we had a hard time making the adjustment. From international world spanning plots and centuries old conspiracy's. To getting paid a few grand to do some muscle work for a local gangster. I guess the Shadowrun I grew up with was played out on a grander scale. I'm all for starting out new characters on the street. But I for one enjoy the fact there is a great conspiracy behind everything that the players can eventually become part of. I like peanut butter with chocolate and I like my SR with all its elements.

If I wanted a pure cyberpunk game I'd unbox my cp2020 stuff it does it better. If I want a pure fantasy game I'd dig out my D20's they do it better. If I want a game that can be both of those things and alot more with 20 years of history behind it, that I'm not going to stick my head in the sand over regardless of how much I personally dislike it (cough--surge--cough) I'll keep playing SR.

And just to keep on topic I'm still chomping at the bit for Running Wild. nyahnyah.gif

My players had a similar issues - although most were SR newbs they are used to world spanning games and plots where they are the international asskickers of doom (especially in that game which shall not be named).

When I started I tried to make sure my PCs knew that from their skillset they already a notch above the average gutterpunk but it would take time to earn the respect on the streets and build themselves up. They realised that it takes time but they've got a sense of purpose, as well as some influence through their arms dealing business. The fact they have a few good deals which give them an edge over most people involved in that racket and that they've got some really good affiliations with the First Nations gang and Vory V Zakone, means that they feel special, even if they're not all powerful.

I think in a street level campaign its more important to have a) a sense of purpose b) something special to differentiate yourself from those around you and c) some sense that you can actually have an impact on your little portion of the world.

- J.
Prime Mover
QUOTE (The Jake @ May 30 2009, 09:31 AM) *
I think in a street level campaign its more important to have a) a sense of purpose b) something special to differentiate yourself from those around you and c) some sense that you can actually have an impact on your little portion of the world.
- J.

Have to agree the players need to feel they have the destiny to make a difference for good or bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012