Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR-Short-Movies
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Shev
Illusions was great. Anyone know when it and the other two German films will be subtitled?
Now that was awesome.

But what a crapy group of runners.

Oh well guess they weren't the real professionals.

Or else the game doesn't run some that the players can have any fun (at least I would get real pissed if I had that many characters die per run.)
Slamm-O
i was wondering if anyone else would be interested in pooling our resources (ideas really, just ideas in facT) when it comes to making our own short films.

for instance whenever you come up with a clever solution/hard problem as far as making a short film you can post it to some static thread here and then others can emulate/help out.

id like to start it off by telling people who would like to do cg that i know for a fact that 3d max if a great tool for this (god awful expensive, but maybe you could come by it some other way?)

also if you think it will take unthinkable amounts of time because you only have 1 3d modeler/whatever you might want to think (if you have a few hundred $ to spare between you) of looking for a foreign contract based modeler/animator/2d artist, i have seen pakistanis/indochinese/eastern europeans who do it for like 40$ a model (complex model, simple are easy to find free) if you use euros you can get them even cheaper.

also there are a number of programs that allow you to do cheap motion capture using webcams.

also- use the community! need a dutch accent for voiceacting? ask a dutch dumpshocker if he can make an ok quality recording. Want another animator? ask around

lastly- i think that boice distortion software if a must for trolls (orks 2?)
Shadow
QUOTE (FPoser)
Hi,

I'm one of the makers of Illusions. Thanks for criticising!! That helps for our next movie.

By the way, You actually can't call as a low-budget movie, as we didn't have any budget wink.gif (besides food and a couple of stuff like a microphone and a firewire cable).

And right, our matrix isn't great. First we wanted to use a game like Pacman ( wink.gif ) or a game called .....I forgot. Maybe someone from our team is reading this and can add the name ?!?...which looks great and actually pretty like the matrix picture I have in my head. But as that was too stupid, we started thinking about 3D-animation. We finally ended up with just a little hacking on a keyboard, as we haven't had the know-how for a 3D animation.
And it would look stupid for those who don't know about SR if a guy who is hacking isn't even hacking on something......

And about our orc, well......we tried and tried and tried. While trying, there was all kind of crap stuck in his face. But it all fell down after a short fight. So that's why he's just green without any warts or spots in his face. We even boughts little horns for him (first we thought about making a troll) but the mastix glue wasn't strong enough...
Think what you want.... Maybe he just ate too much Sauerkraut and isn't feeling great.... smile.gif smile.gif

And btw we plan to make english subtitles. Unfortunately we can't synchronize the movie again, as we don't have all the sounds we need separate. SO if we synchronized in english, there wouldn't be any more shots and steps and stuff wink.gif

OK this was meant for you gusy,

I got to watch your movie and I have to say, really good stuff here. My friends and I do the same thing, not SR but no budget short films. I can make a couple of suggesstions, lighting, lighting, lighting, and more lighting. Lots of indirect light. Movie dark is a well lit room. If your room is dark to the eye, it is going to be all but unwatchable on screen.

I loved the sound effects, they are completely awesome. Very good job, editing was the other thing that was great, so was your camera control. All of it very pro. I would like to encourage you to submit to film festivals, I think you will find that you are received very well.
Slamm-O
i would also like to sat that i absolutely loved the german short films, even though all i got to enjoy was the action since i dont speak german. I especially liked the flamethrower and the smartlink, great stuff there. Also i really enjoyed that other movie dice, the magic in that rocked, the cyber eye was also a nice prop.

the other 2 that are up there had their moments, but had some pretty bad problems that limited them, sound was a big problem as was lighting.
Moirdryd
Illusions Rocked, and i`m looking forwards to everything else that seems planned, hopefully when a few friends of mine return my little group may be able to tie something together.
Frag-o Delux
Pretty cool site for no-budget film makers like myself.
GoldenAri
id like to start it off by telling people who would like to do cg that i know for a fact that 3d max if a great tool for this (god awful expensive, but maybe you could come by it some other way?)

also if you think it will take unthinkable amounts of time because you only have 1 3d modeler/whatever you might want to think (if you have a few hundred $ to spare between you) of looking for a foreign contract based modeler/animator/2d artist, i have seen pakistanis/indochinese/eastern europeans who do it for like 40$ a model (complex model, simple are easy to find free) if you use euros you can get them even cheaper.

also there are a number of programs that allow you to do cheap motion capture using webcam

Actually it's not that expesive when the university has subsidized you, in fact I think he was given his copy of Max and Maya but I can't say for sure.

Also, the university just got a new mo-cap studio that we've got access to. We've hooked up with a professional anime artist (who knew we had one at our anime club?) to do our character sketches (which is we're we are now, that and looking for reference models). We are probably going to circulate locally looking for some more modellers and texture peoples. Talk to people in the theater department to get our voice actors, so on and so forth.

If you are aiming more to attract new players which maybe Fanpros goal if they do something, then I would think more "cool" is the route, trying to show all the "cool" stuff off SR like magic, obvious cyber arms, trolls, drone, and the Matrix, stuff that makes SR what it is.

Our movie is going to have all of that actually. There should be plenty for SR gamers to say "Cool, he's using a <insert shadowrun reference>!".

They never really touched the over meta-plot of SR.

Yes, but our film will revolve around the "Mob War" book. So it does touch on meta-plot.
Adam
We haven't bumped heads over "official" rules yet, but I really don't think it's going to matter if your film touches the metaplot or not.
GoldenAri
Well, it doesn't deviate too much from canon.
The main characters aren't Chimera, they're not even close.
Eismann
So, we got another SR short movie ("One Way Road") online.
Have fun, buy shadowrun. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012