Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skill caps and bonus dices
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Machiavelli
The skill cap is 1,5 times the current skill. But where in the book is listed if there is a cap on additional bonus dice that doesn´t affect the skill by itself? I would need a page-reference to show it to my GM. Thanks.
Malachi
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Jun 8 2009, 06:08 AM) *
The skill cap is 1,5 times the current skill. But where in the book is listed if there is a cap on additional bonus dice that doesn´t affect the skill by itself? I would need a page-reference to show it to my GM. Thanks.

Old BBB p. 109. If you have an old printing it might not be there, in which case point your GM at the latest errata document where you'll see the corrected text at the top-left of page 2. If you have SR4A it's on page 118 con't on page 121.
Larsine
SR4A also includes the following helpfull sidebar:

QUOTE (SR4A page 61 A NOTE ON MODIFIERS)
Shadowrun, Fourth Edition, uses four distinct types of modifiers: Attribute modifiers, Skill modifiers, threshold modifiers, and dice pool modifiers.
Attribute and Skill modifiers affect the character’s relevant stats directly, resulting in augmented Attribute Ratings and modified Skill Ratings respectively (see Attribute Ratings, p. 68, and Skill Ratings, p. 68). Threshold modifiers are situational modifiers that increase or decrease the thresholds of unopposed Success Tests and Extended Tests (see Thresholds, p. 63). Finally, dice pool modifiers are the most common type of modifiers; they represent dice pool increases and reductions from situational modifiers, the effects of augmentations, powers, spells, and from injuries, qualities, and various other sources (see Dice Pool Modifiers). These add and subtract from the dice pools but do not modify the basic Skills and Attributes in use.
The type of modifier in question is noted in the description of each modifier. Should there be any doubt, assume the modifier is a dice pool modifier.

Lars
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012