Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everybody's an Adept Now!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Critias
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ Jun 29 2009, 09:10 PM) *
While I agree with the sentiment, the examples suck for me since both are so incredibly overpriced for a 90% fluff ability as to be worthless.

Yeah, but when you got watch a couple Parkour videos right before building the character, the 10% crunch from each ability feels awesome. grinbig.gif

I'm sure there are other powers that are similar (that do something besides provide bonus dice), but Gliding and Wall Running were just the first two to pop into my head.
Stahlseele
Gliding/Traceless Walk: Skimmer Discs(not over Wires or something like that, but over any kind of solid ground or water)
Wall-Running: Geck-Stuff/Grip-Feet Maybe more like Wall-Crawling, but close enough. Spider-Troll, Spider-Troll . .
Rayzorblades
"Does whatever a spider-troll does, can he swing, from a thread? No he can't cuz he's a troll..." nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
Well . . Cyber-Arm, Grapple-Hand with Geck-Stuff. .Yes, he could, actually O.o
Retractable Skates or Skimmer-Feet make that a funny means of travel too ^^
Red-ROM
I think a lot of character concepts come from movies we've seen, at least in part. and the adept is the best vehicle to translate that into the game (especialy, as was said earlier, the wire-fu types) I blame the fact that we, as a society, lack enough movies with cyber-people. its just racist(or something).
Machiavelli
My motto is "leadership by role-model", so if one of you is accidentally a multi-millionaire, please order an SR-movie. So we can spread our concept and more fans will stream to us until we rule the world.^^ MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh, and you will see more cybers in other movies too^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012