Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do your runners have contingency plans to kill their team mates?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Aberrant
Spinning off from this thread about magic, I figured the discussion warranted its own thread.

Now, my current runner, Lucky Kelly, has plans to off his teammates if he has too. The other front line combatant, Ace? She's good with a shotgun, but not a ton else. Overall, Kelly is better equipped and is a lot faster (Wired Reflexes vs Reaction Enhancers) AND stronger. So if need be, I could put her down even in a straight fight.

The mage, Doc? His little dwarven ass would be tricky. ICly, I know he can turn invisible, create 'force fields', and can knock people out with a look. Contingency? Constant attention to him, adrenaline pump, and the ability to get the drop on his slow to react self.

Finally, the most experienced member of our team is Jester Ned, a world famous hacker. Ned is a character with almost 300 Karma - his combat skills rival mid level gangers. But he is still not an experienced combatant. He IS quick on the draw, even in meatspace, so it comes down to preparation. Be better armored and better armed.

Also, databombs in all pieces of wi-fi enabled cyberware helps. So does a skinlink (still need) or an optical connection straight into a smartgun.
HappyDaze
Constant attention to him, adrenaline pump, and the ability to get the drop on his slow to react self.

Before I'd let a player get away with something like this, I'd ask them if they're willing to take penalties for being distracted on all other Perception checks. Constant vigilance is costly.
Critias
1) Shoot them in the head.

2) Repeat.

*shrug* No point in overthinkin' it.
Mr. Mage
Well, my current character, Donald "Warlock" Locke is a conjurer, with a good deal of Karma stored into conjury related Metamagics and into spellcasting some useful spells.

Frontliner of our group: Reaper, a standard, uncouth Street Samurai. My main advantage over him is that he has no firends...literally. Playing up to the Uncouth negative quality has pretty much dried up any of his contact assets, so he has noone to turn to other than his current team, and even then, they're more likely to stand aside than aid him in anything. Other than that, I can try out the ole' one look Knockout (as is Abberant's problem with his mage) or, and this one's good, I could summon one of my high force, greater formed spirits to tank his ass, sinc summoned spirits have immunity to normal weapons. Couple on this that both the character and the player are not very smart tactically and I'd bet that even if he can somehow bring serious harm to my spirits, I can maneuver him to an unfavorable position.

Our Stealth Operative: Phantom, another cybernetically enhanced individual, has the powerful ability to change his/her physical appearance between any face, elven or human, and either gender. He/She also has many assets in the form of both contacts and tools. Stealth is His/Her key though, and everything else falls into the Jack of All Trades, master of none category, as He/She is not a master at anything besides stealth. My key advantage here is that I can track It's (tire'd of saying He/She) Astral Aura, since It cannot change that, no magical prowess AND has little to no knowledge on the machinations of Magic. Provided I can get It away from Its benefactors and contacts, I can set up ambushes for It, and it will not be able to easily elude me. So long as I'm too close for the sniper rifle to be used effectively, and I attack first, I'm good.

Our Technomancer: The Ambience, is actually a close friend of mine (though he is my polar opposite: I am a business owner, he is akin to a street urchin; I am a middle-aged drunkard, he is a youngster who has never had alcohol before; I break everything that's electronic or mechanical [Gremlins 3 quality], and he's a Technomancer). My advantage comes from simply that I am unconnected to the Matrix myself, so he has no direct power over me, though he has plenty of indirect power such as posting my name and location on the Matrix for the authorities to find. However, he has almost no combat capabilites and so could not take me in a quick and decisive battle, especially if I conjure up a minion to help me out.

I'm gonna go a little further than my party here, My previous Character and now a Prime Runner: Mr. Takanowa, a respected host of CLub Raven, a highsyle corporate club and restaurant which is a favorite for many shadowrunners to meet their Mr. Johnson's. He was my previous character, and eventually given over to the GM. He is tactical, focused, Composed and a Master of Bushido and Japanese Swordplay. He is also a very powerful Adept. In a one one on one fight between him and Reaper, he would tear Reaper apart. He is also incredibly aware of his surroundings and also has the Astral Perception ability, so Phantom will unlikely be able to get the drop on him. He also has many contacts and has limited Matrix access, so The Ambience would most likely need to use an indirect attack, which could likely fail since everyone sees Takanowa as a fine, upstanding citizen. As for me, well, my Spirits would be hard pressed to land any attacks on him, since he is just that agile, and his Katana is essentially a Force 3 Weapon Focus, and thus a magic weapon capable of harming them. It is also his ancestral blade, and the wisdom of his ancestors who wielded it beforehand help him in battle. Probably the only way for us to actually defeat him permanently would be in a direct fight, with all 4 of us attacking from a separate flank, disallowing him to focus on one target at any given time. He is nearly untouchable from any other method.
Summerstorm
In my current group... i don't think so. But before that, they didn't not only have plans, they executed them. I had people just beeing shot in the face after a surprise test. I had two guys using explosives to trap the other two in a cave. (They used forced labour of some scientists to get free and on a revenge-seeking killing spree).

Hell i had an otaku using cybereyes/ears to film all illegal stuff, adresses, locations, behavioural patterns and such, creating not only dossiers on the group but on all their contacts and collegues. If he were to die EVERYTHING would have been send to lonestar. He would be taking ALL with him, no matter if they betrayed him or not.

Ah... and my characters are mostly a bit nicer... but i think i helped killing off a psycho-character of somebody, can't remember *g*. But the player wasn't angry. If you play psycho, you may get the headshot... unwritten rule.
Aberrant
I should note that the hacker in our group is a dead man if/when his previous team (we sometimes cycle put characters) ever find out he betrayed them to save his mother's life.

Also, Mr Mage, our group also has a gender-shifting character. But not as literal. Ace, the other merc, is our friend's first Runner. Her character grew up in Egypt, and, tired of gender inequality, moved away and began living as a male, to the point she has gotten a voice modulator. No one in our new crew knows she is a chick, which will fuck with my character, as they have been bonding a lot over beer and shop talk.
Mr. Mage
QUOTE (Aberrant @ Jul 7 2009, 03:16 PM) *
I should note that the hacker in our group is a dead man if/when his previous team (we sometimes cycle put characters) ever find out he betrayed them to save his mother's life.

Also, Mr Mage, our group also has a gender-shifting character. But not as literal. Ace, the other merc, is our friend's first Runner. Her character grew up in Egypt, and, tired of gender inequality, moved away and began living as a male, to the point she has gotten a voice modulator. No one in our new crew knows she is a chick, which will fuck with my character, as they have been bonding a lot over beer and shop talk.

Hehe...that will be interesting, but at least that character actually has a gender. Phantom can change at will, and I;m not even sure he/she has an actual gender anymore.
Blade
In one of my campaign, the troll trapped the room of two team members. One of them wasn't there when it all blew up, the other one managed to survive (and so did the other team members who were in the building at the time of the explosion). The building wasn't so lucky, though.
Later on, a PC gave his location to the police (by then the troll was Hamburg's most wanted criminal) who shot him down.

Right now I'm not aware of any special plan to kill their team mates but the team hacker keeps data on anyone who might want to kill him (nearly everyone according to him). If he dies, the data will be spread all over the Matrix.

In another campaign, I've seen PCs completely destroy the life of another PC. They destroyed his reputation (he had the maximum 'Fame' Quality), making him neuter himself and go from worldwide celebrity to religious zealot. But that wasn't planned.
PaulK
In my previous SR3 campaign, not only did I have contingency plans to off teammates, but actually had cause to implement two of them. Our physad yak-wannabe got way too popular with law enforcement. Locally known as the "Fifty-cal Killer", he had a bad habit of doing stupid stuff, like tossing white phosphorous grenades at Lone Star while being recorded by an orbiting news helicopter. The Force 9 Greater Fire elemental was on its way when the Yak took care of things.

The other team member that deserved to die was the lesbian elf face with an unhealthy interest in transforming HMHVV into a bio-weapon, with the intent of turning large portions of Seattle into a ghoul infested wasteland. Why, we never knew. That one was actually pretty easy. Several tranq patches and a call to Lone Star and the UCAS federal authorities with directions to her lab and that problem was solved.
Stahlseele
1.) Shoot them.
If that does not work:
2.) Hit them.
If THAT does not work:
3a) BLOW THEM UP!
3b) Consider Negotiation.
if that does not work EITHER:
4) Blow them up HARDER
Mr. Mage
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 7 2009, 03:09 PM) *
1.) Shoot them.
If that does not work
2.) Hit them.

Aaahh...but what if you aren't combat oriented? A bit of planning goes a long way....
Blade
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 7 2009, 05:09 PM) *
1.) Shoot them.
If that does not work:
2.) Hit them.
If THAT does not work:
3a) BLOW THEM UP!
4) Blow them up HARDER

Nuke them from the orbit! It's the only way to be sure!
Zaranthan
QUOTE (Blade @ Jul 7 2009, 11:20 AM) *

Agreed, but you always need a Plan B: Twice as much gunpowder as Plan A!

As for plans, I think every single one of my characters lives by the TF2 Sniper's creed. "Be polite, be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Frankly, anything less would be suicide in the shadows.
Generico
QUOTE (Blade @ Jul 7 2009, 09:20 AM) *

Petition a higher power to drop a cow on them!
SaintHax
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 7 2009, 11:09 AM) *
1.) Shoot them.
If that does not work:
2.) Hit them.
If THAT does not work:
3a) BLOW THEM UP!
4) Blow them up HARDER

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if
you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee,
surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." -- Sima Yi

According to Sima Yi, after 3b fails you are dead smile.gif
Mr. Mage
QUOTE (Generico @ Jul 7 2009, 06:30 PM) *
Petition a higher power to drop a cow on them!

Ever played "Kobolds ate my Baby"? Honest, that's a random way for the character's to die....walking along and all of a sudden: COW FROM ABOVE!
RebekahWSD
I don't think all the people in the group I'm in have plans to kill everyone else, just one particular player...but let's see, if I were to kill everyone myself.

I play a mage. And everyone has really, reallllly low willpower. That really well, solves most of the issues there.

The only person though that would likely try and kill my character is the Fomori Street Samurai (dislikes flighty characters), who has the lowest willpower. And can't fly. And relys on hand to hand a lot. (I play a pixie. The gm said as long as I owned to companion, I could play anything from it, heeeh)

I haven't really thought much about anyone else, but my character is more about the ducking and hiding then the killing of teammates. Though like I said in the start, the group is likely to try and kill our gunwielding assasin person (that's all he plays). If it comes to that, it's certainley going to be hide, hideeeee time.

RebekahWSD
Ravor
Of course, and there are times when I've actually had to carry through.
Leehouse
Since I am GM'ing I know at least one of my runners has a contingency plan should it come to that, but considering the group I doubt it will come to that.

I know the short period I had a rigger I definitely had an exit strategy which would have been painful.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (SaintHax @ Jul 7 2009, 07:32 PM) *
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if
you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee,
surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." -- Sima Yi

According to Sima Yi, after 3b fails you are dead smile.gif

If i blow them up hard enough, i won't have to worry.
If i blow them up too hard, i won't have to worry either.
It's a win/win situation with a nice big BA-THROOM! ^^
TeaTime
Yes.
Tanegar
QUOTE (TeaTime @ Jul 7 2009, 04:29 PM) *
And planning all of this while remaining effective, congenital coworkers.

Er, I think you mean "congenial." "Congenital" means something quite different.
TeaTime
Ah...Oopsy! Dang fansy werds! wobble.gif
Jaid
QUOTE (Mr. Mage @ Jul 7 2009, 10:03 AM) *
I'm gonna go a little further than my party here, My previous Character and now a Prime Runner: Mr. Takanowa, a respected host of CLub Raven, a highsyle corporate club and restaurant which is a favorite for many shadowrunners to meet their Mr. Johnson's. He was my previous character, and eventually given over to the GM. He is tactical, focused, Composed and a Master of Bushido and Japanese Swordplay. He is also a very powerful Adept. In a one one on one fight between him and Reaper, he would tear Reaper apart. He is also incredibly aware of his surroundings and also has the Astral Perception ability, so Phantom will unlikely be able to get the drop on him. He also has many contacts and has limited Matrix access, so The Ambience would most likely need to use an indirect attack, which could likely fail since everyone sees Takanowa as a fine, upstanding citizen. As for me, well, my Spirits would be hard pressed to land any attacks on him, since he is just that agile, and his Katana is essentially a Force 3 Weapon Focus, and thus a magic weapon capable of harming them. It is also his ancestral blade, and the wisdom of his ancestors who wielded it beforehand help him in battle. Probably the only way for us to actually defeat him permanently would be in a direct fight, with all 4 of us attacking from a separate flank, disallowing him to focus on one target at any given time. He is nearly untouchable from any other method.

if you think attacking your reputation is the only thing a non-combat technomancer can do to you, then you don't understand what a technomancer can do at all.

if nothing else, drones are an indirect attack. his fame won't help him out if someone decides to put a sniper rifle on a stormcloud and just waits.
Red-ROM
I'm playing a rigger, so naturally my drones are set to kill everyone when my biomonitor stops. If I had to take my group out, it would be timing. I drive 2 vehicles, and right now they're all in the van and I'm in the truck. I could just drive them into the front of an oncoming Mac truck. and with ramming rules the way they are, no one would survive.
The Jake
I don't have plans to kill them, but I've seen PCs who have.

I generally just try to avoid being caught/captured with contingency plans on how to escape.

E.g.
Matrix character, never attend physical meets. House has the Escape Route quality, and he has fake, unused, high rating SINs incase he needs to flee the country, disguise kits, etc.

I might not be the first to kill other PCs in the event of something going wrong, but I have been the last one left standing before.

- J.
CodeBreaker
As my Teams pet Hacker/Hardware guy I have managed to get my fellow runners to submit to a few things, some of which they do not know about.

One, I have back-door access to most of my fellow runners hardware, vehicles and drones. I explained this away by arguing that I might need to jump into such gear at a moments notice if it gets hit by an enemy Hacker and having to force my way in after the normal accounts have been blacklisted might get them killed. With this I can do lots of fun things if something needs to happen to a runner. Their guns stop working, their Drones start targeting them, their car randomly decides to drive into the Sound with its Vehicle Termination Chip activated so all the doors autolock. I have even taken some arrangements to make such attacks look like they are coming from an enemy hacker. Having custom built comm links with high level Agents hidden away that the rest of your group know nothing about can be quite helpful, especially when one of those comm links happens to be hidden in a corporate enclave. Mr. Steven Watts might someday get a surprise visit from some Shadowrunners looking for revenge because his access code hacked into their friends car and sank it to the deep.

Two, I designed our teams head ware (Helmets) to include a built-in Trodenet with an optical link to their commlink (which I have back-door access too). I argued that you never know when you might need to go VR, for some reason I might hit the deck and the only hacking we have is the other runner in full VR being assisted by one of my Tutor sprites. With this I can send commands to the users commlink to shunt them into full hotsim VR and hit them with enough Biofeedback to bring down a horse.

Three, I convinced my team to give me access to their safe houses monitoring systems, again so that I can protect them from enemy hacker attempts. I know where each of my “friends'� safe houses is physically located, what each safe house looks like, and what I can expect security wise. This doesn't help me directly, I am a completely useless when it comes to actually shooting things, but its helpful if I ever need to call up some of my ganger friends to pay someone a visit.

Four, I have collected files on each of my fellow runners, and my Daemon (Custom house rule that I have been writing, basically acts like a Technomancers Ally Sprite) has orders to dump it all into Shadowland/Jackpoint/LoneStar if anything unfavourable should happen to me. I haven't really told my team about this little point, but my GM is well aware of it.

My primary worry if I ever need to bring down my Team is our Mage. He is both played by a very competent player who I am sure has plans in place if he ever needs me out of the way, and he is built in a nasty, nasty way. I also suspect he has a ritual spell casting source thing on me. Not sure what I can do against this guy other than simply shooting him in the back of the head when he is not looking or somehow get my hands on a Sniper Drone (Which wouldn't be a problem, nuyen is not something I am currently lacking. If only I could convince my GM to let me buy Karma)

Unfortunately like basically all combat encounters when playing CodeBreaker I know that if the enemy gets the jump on me I am screwed. But if I get the jump on them, and have time to prepare myself then my target shouldn't be much of a problem. My current safe house is designed in such a way (Our group tends to go into a fair bit of detail when building such things) to get me as much time as possible to explain the downsides of killing me if my Street Sam friend knocks down the door. And if that fails hopefully the auto gun drone will do the trick, those things can be nasty when they are commanded by a rating 12 Command program.
Darklordofbunnies
I tend to pull a Batman and simply compile a list of nasty things in my party's background and keep redundant footage of our runs. One discreet call to Lone Star later my teammates are no longer my problem. I also keep it with where I track of our various Johnsons' dirty laundry in a big folder labeled "Break in Case of Screw Job".
Ravor
All the more reason to NEVER EVER let the team Decker anywhere near your stuff and to shoot him in the head if you suspect that he has broken that rule.
The Jake
QUOTE (CodeBreaker @ Jul 8 2009, 03:03 AM) *
As my Teams pet Hacker/Hardware guy I have managed to get my fellow runners to submit to a few things, some of which they do not know about.

One, I have back-door access to most of my fellow runners hardware, vehicles and drones. I explained this away by arguing that I might need to jump into such gear at a moments notice if it gets hit by an enemy Hacker and having to force my way in after the normal accounts have been blacklisted might get them killed. With this I can do lots of fun things if something needs to happen to a runner. Their guns stop working, their Drones start targeting them, their car randomly decides to drive into the Sound with its Vehicle Termination Chip activated so all the doors autolock. I have even taken some arrangements to make such attacks look like they are coming from an enemy hacker. Having custom built comm links with high level Agents hidden away that the rest of your group know nothing about can be quite helpful, especially when one of those comm links happens to be hidden in a corporate enclave. Mr. Steven Watts might someday get a surprise visit from some Shadowrunners looking for revenge because his access code hacked into their friends car and sank it to the deep.

Two, I designed our teams head ware (Helmets) to include a built-in Trodenet with an optical link to their commlink (which I have back-door access too). I argued that you never know when you might need to go VR, for some reason I might hit the deck and the only hacking we have is the other runner in full VR being assisted by one of my Tutor sprites. With this I can send commands to the users commlink to shunt them into full hotsim VR and hit them with enough Biofeedback to bring down a horse.

Three, I convinced my team to give me access to their safe houses monitoring systems, again so that I can protect them from enemy hacker attempts. I know where each of my “friends'� safe houses is physically located, what each safe house looks like, and what I can expect security wise. This doesn't help me directly, I am a completely useless when it comes to actually shooting things, but its helpful if I ever need to call up some of my ganger friends to pay someone a visit.

Four, I have collected files on each of my fellow runners, and my Daemon (Custom house rule that I have been writing, basically acts like a Technomancers Ally Sprite) has orders to dump it all into Shadowland/Jackpoint/LoneStar if anything unfavourable should happen to me. I haven't really told my team about this little point, but my GM is well aware of it.

My primary worry if I ever need to bring down my Team is our Mage. He is both played by a very competent player who I am sure has plans in place if he ever needs me out of the way, and he is built in a nasty, nasty way. I also suspect he has a ritual spell casting source thing on me. Not sure what I can do against this guy other than simply shooting him in the back of the head when he is not looking or somehow get my hands on a Sniper Drone (Which wouldn't be a problem, nuyen is not something I am currently lacking. If only I could convince my GM to let me buy Karma)

Unfortunately like basically all combat encounters when playing CodeBreaker I know that if the enemy gets the jump on me I am screwed. But if I get the jump on them, and have time to prepare myself then my target shouldn't be much of a problem. My current safe house is designed in such a way (Our group tends to go into a fair bit of detail when building such things) to get me as much time as possible to explain the downsides of killing me if my Street Sam friend knocks down the door. And if that fails hopefully the auto gun drone will do the trick, those things can be nasty when they are commanded by a rating 12 Command program.

Winner.

- J.
Hiroru
While I don't have specific plans, I do have access to nearly absurd quantities of explosives, good stealth, good skills / guns & the will to use them.

Basically, I'm pretty sure I could come up with something. But then, I'm not terribly worried about any of the other players, as they'd not start anything. Too much of that friendly 'teamwork' drek they keep trying to get me hooked on.
Machiavelli
Never fuck with the chaufeur....ääähm...rigger.^^
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (CodeBreaker @ Jul 8 2009, 05:03 AM) *
Three, I convinced my team [...]

So you are playing a social hacker, then? grinbig.gif
The Jake
Why bother? Most GMs never apply the social rules to other PCs. You just need to sound convincing.

- J.
Rotbart van Dainig
That's the point I was criticizing, indeed.
Ravor
Also the fact that the general opinion on Dumpshock is that it is a "waste" to actually give most of your characters the basic computer abilities needed to set up your own security or buy your own programs instead of mooching off the Decker.
Demon_Bob
I took great lengths to ensure that no one in my party actually knows where I live. 2 com-links, one only used on the job, the other for personal life. As little wireless as possible. Never meet them near my place. Usually, show up at meets using motorcycle kept at storage locker, with extra supplies. Hacker contact I use to ensure my stuff stays clean. Also I discouraged any further attempts by the hacker on my stuff by leaving the stuff he put on it my contact found, asking him if he could find any odd programs that would not normally come on my low-end com-link. When he said "Nope, nothing there that shouldn't be." I KOed him with the help of an old buddy on the team and fragged his equipment as a warning. As far as Lone Star finding me, well moving and hiding kept me alive so far. It's also nice when your "old-school" street sam buddy has a data chip with several suspicious videos of the hacker.

Actually, the hacker and the "James Bond style" face are the only ones I ever made extensive plans against. The face because he was more than likely to get the team killed or jailed. The idea of having someone give a short soliloquy to adjust the social die pool +/- 2 vanished the third time the GM's jaw hit the table and that vein in his forehead started popping out. Massively inappropriate conversation for the situations as discribed.

I do like the Daemon program idea though. Was wondering about more info on it, perhaps on a different thread.
Machiavelli
QUOTE (CodeBreaker @ Jul 8 2009, 04:03 AM) *

NEVER trust a f***ing hacker/technomancer/couchpotatoe....i repeat: NEVER. This is why i hardly use any electronics and trust nobody in my team. Nasty ideas, by the way. Welcome to the dark side.^^
InfinityzeN
Never trust the tech heads with your gear.
Never trust the mages with anything that can be a link.
Never trust anyone with all your safehouses (you got several right?).

If any of them try to convince you of any of the above, you know they are planning to whack you. Smile, act like your complying, then shoot them in the face repeatedly.

Oh, and your super secret squirl secret hide out should have all the fancy matrix crap ripped out of it. Makes it much harder to find, specially for the couch types.

Personally, I just got with a couple main lifestyles, a couple bolt hole lifestyles, a couple 'lock & store' storage lockers with vehicle and bag, and lots of lockers with getaway bags (and train/plane tickets). If you gotta leave town fast, put a sniper bullet in the mages & hackers head before you go.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jul 14 2009, 09:13 AM) *
Never trust the tech heads with your gear.
Never trust the mages with anything that can be a link.
Never trust anyone with all your safehouses (you got several right?)

So don't trust another Shadowrunner?
InfinityzeN
Correct. They are a criminal, paid to commit violent crimes. Plus chances are they already have plans in place to kill you.
CodeBreaker
QUOTE (Demon_Bob @ Jul 14 2009, 05:00 AM) *
I do like the Daemon program idea though. Was wondering about more info on it, perhaps on a different thread.

Its still in the air, something me and my GM are constantly fiddling with. It uses alot of the rules from Street Magic Ally Spirits (Parts of it are directly pulled with some words changed spin.gif ). Currently hung up on how I want to do Power choices and stats, and then on how you would go about improving those stats. I have been poking about how Unwired has Free Sprites improve themselves, I might steal some of that. I'll make a note to throw you a copy of what I have so far when it is in a presentable manner. I am without internet tonight, so I will probably spend some more time fiddling with things then.

And back on the subject at hand, I had to use my Trode Brainfry on one of fellow runners last night. The guy that played him was going back home for the Summer, and he decided to go out with a bang. Tried to run off with our vehicle and some prototypes we had just lifted from a research lab. Hit his brain up, got the truck back under control and had it drive back to pick us up. We got his nice shiny gun and some free armour off of it, but now my other teammates know that I can fry their brains quite easily if I need to. Gonna have to come up with a new plan to bring them down if I need too. Maybe something involving high explosives and Micro-Drones rotfl.gif
KarmaInferno
"Take these, they're encrypted friend-or-foe transponders, so my drones know not to shoot you."

It's amazing how many folks just stick the things in their pockets and forget about them.

Haven't had to use them yet, but the concealed high explosive charges inside each transponder should make for some fun times.

Haven't had to use them yet, but the concealed high explosive charges inside each transponder should make for some fun times.

I'm assuming that the IFF 'badges' are - at most - 1/10th of a kilogram, and more than half of that is the casing. That doesn't realistically leave much to work with for making a bang.
CodeBreaker
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Jul 14 2009, 11:23 PM) *
I'm assuming that the IFF 'badges' are - at most - 1/10th of a kilogram, and more than half of that is the casing. That doesn't realistically leave much to work with for making a bang.

My fellow runners dont necessarily know that wink.gif
Ragewind
Mine certainly do, its especially nice since they really play up the "Mercenary feel" of the game. One of my current characters has installed a cranial bomb in all of his team mates, and keeps close tabs on them just in case.

lol, they still don't know why they received a "unknown" negative quality, that needs to be researched. spin.gif

I'm playing a rigger, so naturally my drones are set to kill everyone when my biomonitor stops.

ROFL
Ragewind

My friend, the Runners Companion has all of your needs covered. Just hack yourself a lifestyle that includes a nearby magic "deadzone", it does WONDERS in keeping you alive while hacking from home.

Also if you play around with your Genome you can pick up Arcane Arrester.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Jul 14 2009, 11:23 PM) *

It only takes a fingertip of HE going off next to your gut to make you have a very very bad day.

The idea isn't to blow them to paste, just kill them or at least severely cripple them, if necessary. The small amount you can hide in a transponder is more than enough for that.

smile.gif

Besides, it's for when the teammate has betrayed you and has a gun pointed your way. Having his guts blow out would provide an excellent distraction at that critical juncture.

If I want to be the one DOING the betraying I'll just wait till they're looking the other way and have a drone take them out with an ATGM.

Sometimes. Depends on the psycology and worldview of the character in question. As does wether enact them or if their team mates see it coming.
LurkerOutThere
Personally I've always felt that characters who go through elaborate plans to kill their close friends or at least regular collegues need to pass the requisite social roles to convince them to do so, to not due so is a sign of both a bad player and a bad GM, your allowing a instant death mechanical situation to be set up without going through the rest of the rules.

Secondly, every time I get a player like this I ask them to leave the table. Why you ask? Because this is one of the surest signs of a problem PC/Player i know, one who feels the need to lord it over the other players and otherwise disrupt the social activity that is gaming. Yes you could be playing an extremely paranoid character, that's fine, your paranoia gets worse and worse until the point your character never leaves the house as that's the way paranoia works. Eventually you commit suicide by cop after blowing away a census worker. Put simply people cannot function this way I would make the argument especially in the high stress word of shadowrun, there has to be someone you rely on. All the individual snowflakes, and I've seen quite a few of them over the years, who wanted these plans were usually the sad sad little people who weren't very powerful or well adjusted in real life.

So in answer to the initial question, no and if they did I'd suggest they need to address their time to either a shrink or a prostitute as they need mental help or need to get laid.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012