Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The updated Street Magic
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Backgammon
So I downloaded the updated Street Magic... um, is it really updated? The email aid there was a new cover, kinda looks the same to me, and the version inside says 1.0. Are we sure this is an updated version?
CodeBreaker
Is the cover red instead of blue? My old copy has a blue flames cover, but I noticed that the one in SR4A has a red one...
Backgammon
No it's blue. It also says Wizkids and Fanpro, no CGL logo.
Adam
Which site are you dealing with, Backgammon?
Backgammon
Battlecorps - got an email saying there was an update.
Adam
I'm having David look at this ASAP, but he just hopped into the car to go home for the day, so he won't be able to get to it right this instant.
Vairdic
Fixed.

Try downloading it again!
Backgammon
I'm guessing the most telling indicator would be the version number inside, right? Shouldn't be 1.0?

EDIT: ah nevermind, I see the new cover on shadowrun4.com. Yep, definately don't have that cover.
Backgammon
QUOTE (Vairdic @ Jul 18 2009, 10:26 PM) *
Fixed.

Try downloading it again!

Yup! Working now.

Now... stop working and go to bed!!;)
Rotbart van Dainig
What's really cool is that the new PDF is very fast.

What isn't so cool is that it lacks bookmarks.
Cardul
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Jul 19 2009, 04:27 AM) *
What's really cool is that the new PDF is very fast.

What isn't so cool is that it lacks bookmarks.

Try the one Battletech Record Sheets 3055 PDF(the one with all the fighters in the beginning) that is just page numbers...Try trying to build a force from that...then you can complain about a book with a table of contents and index that you can actually use not having book marks(You can at least look up what you are looking for, and jump to it!)
Rotbart van Dainig
The first Street Magic has Bookmarks, as does every other Shadowrun PDF up until now.

So what's your point exactly?
Adam
I'll look into this on Monday.
Rotbart van Dainig
Thanks, great to hear, that would make it perfect. smile.gif
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 19 2009, 10:17 PM) *
I'll look into this on Monday.

..just to make certain - which monday? grinbig.gif
Kalvan
Anything else new? New Traditions? New Spells? New Metamagic? New Adept Powers? New Awakened Threats?
Ancient History
QUOTE (Kalvan @ Aug 1 2009, 07:34 PM) *
Anything else new? New Traditions? New Spells? New Metamagic? New Adept Powers? New Awakened Threats?

Nah, that's Digital Grimoire.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Aug 1 2009, 01:50 PM) *
..just to make certain - which monday? grinbig.gif

That's Valve Time, not CGL Time.
Rotbart van Dainig
Just got an email notification that Street Magic was updated with bookmarks.

The Download Counter was reset - just the file on the server is still the old one without bookmarks. (same bytesize)
AJCarrington
Still the original file w/o bookmarks.

AJC
Backgammon
Yup, no bookmarks
Dashifen
Same for me.
knasser
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Aug 3 2009, 04:42 PM) *
Same for me.

Would it be annoying to add myself to the me too's ? Downloaded the file from Battlecorps this morning.

K.
Malachi
I grabbed a new file from DriveThruRPG today and it has bookmarks now.
AJCarrington
Just downloaded again from BC and still no bookmarks; sent another email off to them as well.

AJC
Adam
I am trying to get the appropriate person to look into this, but it is the week before Gen Con and we are all running around trying to get ducks in a row.
Adam
I am trying to get the appropriate person to look into this, but it is the week before Gen Con and we are all running around trying to get ducks in a row.
AJCarrington
Thanks Adam - suspected as much.

AJC
AJCarrington
Just received an email from Troy indicating that I should be able to download the latest version of the version (with bookmarks). Not able to do so from work, but wanted to pass this info along for others.

Regards,

AJC
AJCarrington
Unfortunately, no luck - still the file without the bookmarks. Anyone else have any luck?

AJC
knasser
QUOTE (AJCarrington @ Aug 8 2009, 02:09 AM) *
Unfortunately, no luck - still the file without the bookmarks. Anyone else have any luck?

AJC

No. And after all these false alarms, my number of available downloads is running out. I'll just wait from here on until a customer says its working.

I normally buy from DriveThruRPG.com, but sometimes the products come out on Battlecorps first, which isn't fair, but it gets my business.

K.
Draco18s
At this point they really should be crediting downloads to people.
Adam
That won't be an issue; giving people more download credits has never been one.
Draco18s
I'm not sure what you're saying Adam. Are you saying that you will credit people with downloads because the file wasn't updating when it was advertised as such (and that it's a null issue to do this) or that no one is considering a download credits give-out because someone believes it's not an issue that download credits were mistakenly spent?
Adam
The former. Giving people more download credits has happened before and will continue to happen when necessary. The request for such has already been passed along to the person managing the shop.
Draco18s
Ah, ok. The way you phrased it was odd.
"we're working on doing just that" might've been more clear.
malichai
Have the bookmarks been added?
AJCarrington
Not sure - haven't re-downloaded in the since the weekend. I did get an email from Troy yesterday indicating that he had/would be forwarding this to their developer. However, he did not think that it would be addressed until after GenCon.

AJC
Larsine
QUOTE (malichai @ Aug 11 2009, 11:14 PM) *
Have the bookmarks been added?

Re-downloaded on monday, and the bookmarks has been added.

Lars
Cochise
QUOTE (Larsine @ Aug 12 2009, 11:03 AM) *

Lars

Not on Battlecorps (just tested it) ... I guess you're talking about DriveThru
Draco18s
QUOTE (Larsine @ Aug 12 2009, 05:03 AM) *

Have been. Past tense. wink.gif
Larsine
QUOTE (Cochise @ Aug 12 2009, 01:49 PM) *
Not on Battlecorps (just tested it) ... I guess you're talking about DriveThru

All my PDFs are from Battlecorps, including the one downloaded monday.

But I've just noticed that it doesn't have the bookmarks. Only the icon for the bookmarks, so I thought it was OK, but it clearly isn't sarcastic.gif

Lars
Larsine
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Aug 12 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Have been. Past tense. wink.gif

There you go, don't ask a foreigner for advice on your grammar.

And don't thust him to check out his Street Magic for you either.

Lars
Rotbart van Dainig
Any news on this one?
Draco18s
QUOTE (Larsine @ Aug 13 2009, 08:29 AM) *
There you go, don't ask a foreigner for advice on your grammar.

Not a native English speaker? My apologies, I try not to be a grammar nazi against 2nd language users.
(Boy, I had a hard time spelling English this morning...Enlgish, Engish, E
glish...)
Rotbart van Dainig
Yet another week without bookmarks. nyahnyah.gif
Rotbart van Dainig
Anything? frown.gif
AJCarrington
Received a note from Troy yesterday that the file had been updated and was in queue to be uploaded later this week.

AJC
Kitsu
I'm looking forward to this with great interest.
Rotbart van Dainig
You're not the only one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012