Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Breathtaker duration?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Chandon
So I'm probably illiterate and just missed it, but I can't seem to figure out how long the Breathlessness effect of the Breathtaker toxin from Arsenal lasts. Any ideas? If you have an answer, where is it in the books?
Ancient History
Unless otherwise noted, toxin effects occur unless the toxin’s Power is reduced to 0 by the Toxin Resistance Test. (p.254, SR4A)
Chandon
So anyone who takes any damage from Breathtaker suffers from Breathlessness until they get medical treatment (an antidote)?

Am I missing somewhere where it says victims get additional Toxin Resistance Tests?
Ancient History
I'm sorry, I misquoted the entry. The effects last as long as the stun damage.
Falconer
Look under Concentration on the next page...

Extended exposure... after another combat round (the speed) another resistance test can be called for.

The bigger question is how fast does the gas disperse or render itself inert.

Also there's another problem... lets say you have a large scale riot or police operation and CS gas is tossed... Lets say someone gets knocked out in the cloud... by sheer technicality of RAW the stun damage would overflow and they'd start taking lethal damage every round while unconcious. This doesn't strike me as right for a riot control agent. (it strikes me overflow type damage should only occur in asthmatics or people w/ an appropriate allergic quality such as polutants)

I'd say that you'd probably be safe treating it like blackout... it can inflict stun damage, but it can't inflict physical damage.
Tachi
QUOTE (Falconer @ Aug 21 2009, 10:46 PM) *
Look under Concentration on the next page...

Extended exposure... after another combat round (the speed) another resistance test can be called for.

The bigger question is how fast does the gas disperse or render itself inert.

Also there's another problem... lets say you have a large scale riot or police operation and CS gas is tossed... Lets say someone gets knocked out in the cloud... by sheer technicality of RAW the stun damage would overflow and they'd start taking lethal damage every round while unconcious. This doesn't strike me as right for a riot control agent.

I'd say that you'd probably be safe treating it like blackout... it can inflict stun damage, but it can't inflict physical damage.

I agree, unless you leave them laying in a cluoud of it for like, 48 hours, in which case, permanent lung damage. Kinda like a 30-year 2-packs a day smoker. Asthma, chronic bronchitis, COPD, that kind of thing. Anything more would likely trigger "humanitarian concerns", even in the dystopian 6th world.

Don't look at me like that, Corps live off of public opinion, and, law enforcement = Corps.

Warning: Children, don't drink and post. I keep having to EDIT everything 3 or 4 times to keep from sounding dyslexic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012