Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Counterspelling with Multiple Mages
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Andinel
I can't seem to find the rule anywhere that multiple magicians counterspelling for the same person add their dice together on Spell Resistance tests. Can anyone point me to where I can find anything about cooperative counterspelling? If I can get a dev's answer, this would settle my problem very easily.
Thanks!
kzt
It's a teamwork test. Can't look it up right now, but that's what it is.
knasser
QUOTE (kzt @ Aug 27 2009, 05:08 AM) *
It's a teamwork test. Can't look it up right now, but that's what it is.

You are correct. SR4A, pg.185 states to handle co-operative Spell Defence (what we are probably discussing here) as a teamwork test.

Fun Fact: In one of the adventures I have lined up, the PCs will encounter Fenrir wolves. Very large and vicious wolves that have counterspelling. One wolf alone might be susceptible to magic. A pack of them? A little less so. biggrin.gif

K.
Andinel
Ah, found it! Thanks.
McAllister
Teamwork is very inefficient, but if you start with a pack of 5, the alpha has 5 counterspelling (I have no idea what the number would be for those, I lack RW, so I'm guessing) and the rest have 4 counterspelling, thats around 4 hits on any given wolf's resistance test. If you put everything you've got into one stunball, maybe, but it'll be tricky.
knasser
QUOTE (McAllister @ Aug 27 2009, 07:50 AM) *
Teamwork is very inefficient, but if you start with a pack of 5, the alpha has 5 counterspelling (I have no idea what the number would be for those, I lack RW, so I'm guessing) and the rest have 4 counterspelling, thats around 4 hits on any given wolf's resistance test. If you put everything you've got into one stunball, maybe, but it'll be tricky.

A typical Fenrir wolf has only Counterspelling 3, so it's not very impressive, but I have no problem with giving the Alpha a higher rating. So with a pack of 5, they'll likely end up with an effective Counterspelling of 8 dice.

Yep, it can be beaten. But that's how I like things, not impossible, but enough that people need to seek out better ways of doing things.

K.
Warlordtheft
Just a little GM friendly advice-to make your life easy, for each wolf cunter spelling do the trade of 4 dice= 1 success for those contributing to the teamwork test. That way you aren't rolling all those dice just to figure out how many dice you need to roll.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012