Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zombies!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Androcomputus
I was wondering what the shadowrun life would be if Zombies (Ghouls in this case) took over.

I will be switching off with other GMs, and I approached them with the concept. They loved it but I am afraid that I will leave something out.

Weapons will be scarcer, cybering up your character might complicate things for you as people have limited resources to repair complex cyberware.

Medicineman
I doubt that there will be any more Shadowrun ! It'll be more like Terminator Survival
Mages will Invent the "Slay Ghoul/Zombie " Spell,Scientist will search for a Biological Agent designed to Kill the Virus or the Ghoul. Bountys on Ghouls (1500 ¥ IIRC)
Asamando will be Nuked from Orbit,as this is the Only Way to be sure (Good Riddance wink.gif smokin.gif )

And If all this Fails You'll be Playing "I Am Legend "

with a Good Bye Dance
Medicineman
Grinder
Search is your friend wink.gif

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=23750
Ustio
Search is not your friend

Search is an ebola infected monkey sitting on a fence throwing burning feces at you…

It takes a lot more effort than it really should to get search to work
Grinder
Your Search-Fu is weak, hm? grinbig.gif ninja.gif
Machiavelli
Search-Fu is strong, but it is nothing agaings my dragon-style....Bwahahahahahahah *making theatric gestures*
the_real_elwood
I think you'd have to radically alter the Shadowrun timeline to get a setting where ghouls have taken over. If you started from the current 2072 setting, if the ghouls ever got out of control, you'd see an Omega Order from the corporate court and whatever cities were having ghoul problems would be effectively wiped off the map.

But if you wanted to represent the scarcity of equipment you'd have in a post-apocalyptic campaign, you could just jack up the availability on everything. Magicians would become even more important because of their ability to be self-sufficient, and good medical care would be even more scare for the shadowrunners than it is already.
crash2029
After playing way too much Fallout 3 I was thinking that for a good post-apocalyptic feel you could make your home city Chicago. I imagine that areas of Chi-town are not that dissimilar from the bombed out hulk of the Capital Wasteland. Granted you don't have ZOMBIES!!!, but who's to say that there aren't areas with bad flesh-form merges wandering in packs taking out metahumans on sight. Also don't forget that with the disproportionally high number of corpses and massive astral pollution in certain areas it would be a hotzone of Shedim, especially low-level, activity.

Shedim + Bugs + Devil Rats + General Disaster = Apocalypse 2070
Method
See the link in my sig... wink.gif
Wacky
The way I see it, it'd be like the original setting for Bug City but with no bugs and everywhere. I'd go with this set up and give it a few twists to stop obvious ghoul busting ideas.

First, the slay ghoul spell--One less Ghoul--does in fact exists (I personally have at least one character with it). So you just need a larger number of ghouls. Give a couple either the Spell Resistance or Arcane Arestor talents and that'll shore them up against such attacks.

As for a chemical agent designed against the ghouls--i.e. Strain III anyone?--you can have a few magician ghouls with the Purify spell (or whatever its called that stops Strain III) and that'll put an end to that.

Just have them attack a bunch of folk in a condensed area, most get away but bitten, and then multiple as it goes on. I wouldn't even start it out that way but instead have a few trid reports in the background which start to get more and more noticeable until its full on.

That's my take on it.

Sign--
Wacky
Ravor
Given how fast ghouls can spread in Fourth Edition by the time people figured out what was going on it'd be too late for even nukes. cyber.gif

One thing that the DMs will have to agree upon is the "grit level", do you fall back upon your trusty AK97 and mow down the shambling hoards or do you hoard every last round you can for those life and death situations and never, ever on "full auto".

Also in a post apoc world Mages and Adepts are just as screwed as everyone else as the Background Counts start climbing ever higher, and wars are fought over the rare mages that are able to actually work enough mojo to purify water or cure the varies infections that run rampant.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012