Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bioware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Razor Wolf
In SR4, bioware improvements to attributes are no longer considered natural for the purposes of things that differentiate between natural and augmented values, correct?
Kerenshara
They are considered "augmentations" in the same way that CyberWare is, and can exceed the racial maximum up to the augmented racial maximum. I'm not sure that's what you meant though...
Razor Wolf
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was asking. Mostly wondering about oddities like toxins, shapeshifting, etc.

Kind of a shame, as I always liked the "natural" stat improvement angle.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Razor Wolf @ Sep 11 2009, 09:47 PM) *
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was asking. Mostly wondering about oddities like toxins, shapeshifting, etc.

Kind of a shame, as I always liked the "natural" stat improvement angle.

The one that gets me, honestly, since you bring it up, is Shapeshift. You can only change into a critter withing two of your BODy, but BODy isn't always "size". And if you augment the stat, you're suddenly "too big"? I always figured for that spell you should use starting stat... improvements represent better health and endurance, not size and bulk.
Razor Wolf
Agreed. I tend to think that if a character is large/small in metahuman form, they would simply be larger or smaller than the average representative of an animal's species. If anything, Strength should add more bulk than Body.
crash2029
In order to deal with rules like this that make sense in a game balance way, but not in a common sense way, I like to use the following strategy:

1: Squint really, really, hard
2: Mumble the mantra "It's magic, It's magic, It's magic"
3: If all else fails engage in self-flagellation with a halibut
Orcus Blackweather
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Sep 12 2009, 03:20 PM) *
In order to deal with rules like this that make sense in a game balance way, but not in a common sense way, I like to use the following strategy:

1: Squint really, really, hard
2: Mumble the mantra "It's magic, It's magic, It's magic"

Hummm, halibut is expensive. Is it ok to us a slab of Krill instead? 2 nuyen.gif at the stuffer shack.
eidolon
Expensive, but if I'm going to self-flagellate, I only use the best.
Kerenshara
I am SO totally not going anywhere near that.

Just remember, folks, that conducting your slar phase with your aquatic flagelatory device is counterindicated.

(Translation: It's a bad idea to sleep with the fishes.)

I think I'm just going to go narfle a Garthok now.

"I've got to - ah ah - get ah-way; got to - ah ah - get ah-way!"

RunnerPaul
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Sep 12 2009, 06:20 PM) *

And here, I though that Carp was the fish of choice for the Shadowrun fandom since 22 October 1992 (21:03:17 CET).
Hartbaine
QUOTE (eidolon)
Expensive, but if I'm going to self-flagellate, I only use the best.

Careful... you'll go blind doing that.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Hartbaine @ Sep 12 2009, 09:35 PM) *
Careful... you'll go blind doing that.

Just an excuse to upgrade to cybereyes sooner.
Bull
QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ Sep 12 2009, 08:29 PM) *
And here, I though that Carp was the fish of choice for the Shadowrun fandom since 22 October 1992 (21:03:17 CET).

You know, I have to wonder how many folks here even know what you're talking about.

*sigh*

Sad, really. frown.gif

Tea, Peanut Butter vs Vegemite, Woodchucks, Carp, Topcat's Manifesto... There's a lot of history there that's been mostly lost to cyberspace. :/

Bull
Orcus Blackweather
QUOTE (Bull @ Sep 12 2009, 07:24 PM) *
You know, I have to wonder how many folks here even know what you're talking about.

*sigh*

Sad, really. frown.gif

Tea, Peanut Butter vs Vegemite, Woodchucks, Carp, Topcat's Manifesto... There's a lot of history there that's been mostly lost to cyberspace. :/

Bull

Ahhh but the resonance never forgets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012