Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wait, what happened?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
underaneonhalo
I can't help but feel that a lot of our newer players are missing out on a great deal of amazing background. This makes me sad.

Last night I began to think about how neat it would be to have a book that just contained background, a compendium of sixth world history detailing all of the things that any other history book would. I don't know about the rest of you but I'd crap in my hat and wear it for a book like that.

Tell me you wouldn't love to look at maps detailing how the North American and European borders have shifted about over the last 70 years, that alone would be worth the price of admission! Chapters detailing important wars, political events, breakthroughs in science and medicine! I want to feel like I'm holding a real history book, and I promise that when I have children I will teach them from it while telling them that the books at school are filled with corporate lies.

Also, it should have plenty of annotation from people who know what "really" happened.
Mantis
Same here. I'd like more so I don't have to go hunting through all the books just find some arcane reference to something I need RIGHT NOW but can''t remember which book it was in. Plus maps always = nice smile.gif . I think it would also be good to include which bits added to history through the various novels are actually canon. Good idea.
Stahlseele
Isn't there a book in the Making? The Sports Almanach or however that one was called?
Over here, in Germany, we got something akin to this allready. "Die 6. Welt"
Hartbaine
I can't help but feel that a lot of our newer players are missing out on a great deal of amazing background.

So, let's make one.
ravensmuse
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 14 2009, 06:22 AM) *
Isn't there a book in the Making? The Sports Almanach or however that one was called?
Over here, in Germany, we got something akin to this allready. "Die 6. Welt"

Die 6. Welt is one of my biggest wants right now. Well, that and some of the foreign material for SR...

And yeah, we're getting the Sixth World Almanac sometime soon (you know how release dates are around here) which will not only have info on every country in the Sixth World, but also whole pages devoted to single years of Shadowrun history. You want a citation? Look in the new developer sticky.
Stahlseele
Nah, i am good, i have my copy of Die 6. Welt ^^
JM Hardy
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Sep 14 2009, 06:02 AM) *
Die 6. Welt is one of my biggest wants right now. Well, that and some of the foreign material for SR...

And yeah, we're getting the Sixth World Almanac sometime soon (you know how release dates are around here) which will not only have info on every country in the Sixth World, but also whole pages devoted to single years of Shadowrun history. You want a citation? Look in the new developer sticky.

That is indeed an accurate description of the Sixth World Almanac. And did I mention the art? The full-color art I've been seeing? Mmmmmmmm . . .

Jason H.
GreyBrother
Hmmm wait... Die Sechste Welt... that book that lies besides my bed, waiting to be read?

I thought it was more akin to my Battletech Bible which is... wait. Exactly that.
Needs 4th Edition update, ASAP!
Nanostar
QUOTE (underaneonhalo @ Sep 14 2009, 08:52 AM) *
I can't help but feel that a lot of our newer players are missing out on a great deal of amazing background. This makes me sad.

Last night I began to think about how neat it would be to have a book that just contained background, a compendium of sixth world history detailing all of the things that any other history book would. I don't know about the rest of you but I'd crap in my hat and wear it for a book like that.

Tell me you wouldn't love to look at maps detailing how the North American and European borders have shifted about over the last 70 years, that alone would be worth the price of admission! Chapters detailing important wars, political events, breakthroughs in science and medicine! I want to feel like I'm holding a real history book, and I promise that when I have children I will teach them from it while telling them that the books at school are filled with corporate lies.

Also, it should have plenty of annotation from people who know what "really" happened.

well i have all the books from first.. and i'd love to see how the world has turned
Bugfoxmaster
This sounds like a wonderful idea. And now I'm waiting for the 5th World Almanac in haste again. Drat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012