Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slaughter ahappening
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Sep 23 2009, 03:50 PM) *
Hiding under a card box in the middle of nowhere? cyber.gif

I was thinking more along the lines of humping the ground while crawling very...very slowly.
Adarael
Interestingly, Snake certainly kills a lot of people when *I* play him. And if you've seen the videos of Splinter Cell: Conviction, boy howdy does Sam like to kill rooms full of guys. smile.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Paul @ Sep 23 2009, 09:12 PM) *
I stand by my previous statement, I can't wait for the punk crowd to get kicked to the curb. Hopefully never to return.

And people like you are the reason for SR4 to have been made . .
Cardul
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 23 2009, 03:59 PM) *
And people like you are the reason for SR4 to have been made . .

Nah...it is people like him who just do not see the COOL factor in many of the things in SR4 and SR4A.
The mechanics, thankfully, do not force people to be "Mirrorshades and Trenchcoats."
Paul
Nor do they force me to fly with the pink mohawk crowd. That much I give the game credit for.
Ravor
Shinobi Killfist nah, I have no problem with the guard room, sounds like a smart play on the Runner's part and a really dumb sec design flaw.

GM Lich aye, in that case I think I'd roll with whatever the corp was willing to do, remember that life in the Sixth World is very much like how the morality of the earlier GTA and Saints Row games are protrayed, life is meaningless, and if the cops think they can get away with it they will simpyl round up a couple of SINless SOBs and beat a confession out of them. Any "justice" will come from the corp whose building was blown up and that is only because they are pissed because their issurance rates just went up, they couldn't care less about the lives that were lost.

Paul I feel the same way about the Ice-Cold-Pro crowd, may they all choke to death on the stick that is jammed up their collective asses. silly.gif
Paul
It's not a stick, haven't you heard? It's solid steel! smile.gif
Chrysalis
QUOTE (Paul @ Sep 25 2009, 02:03 AM) *
It's not a stick, haven't you heard? It's ice cold solid steel! smile.gif

Go on touch it with your tongue. I dare you.
Glyph
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ Sep 22 2009, 07:16 PM) *
Am I the only one who doesn't have that much of a problem with the room full of researchers, guards, and turrets??

It had 6 guards and turrets, depending on the teams capabilities grenades very well could have been the best plan. The team I currently roll with has a heap of technomancers, so I suspect we'd hack the turrets and have them waste the guards. And then maybe stunball the researchers. But if you don't have stunball what do you do, intimidate them and tie them up?? And what hope for the best once they begin investigating this. I can see a lot of teams who act like hardened criminals making the decision to kill them. I'm not big into torture and unnecessary death so I'd try a different method if I was holding the reigns. But hey everyone rolls differently.

Now if there was the alternate route past the turrets etc, hey just avoid them. If you build the warehouse like a dungeon with guards in front of the boss room don't be surprised if the guard room gets fireballed.

Now the demolitions in the end doesn't seem "Evil" notoriety, just wasteful and dumb.(but hey he was a 1 logic type) But if the explosives were laid out so they would killl neighbors (why in gods name did they place explosives anyways) I guess it falls into the notoriety category.

To be honest, I don't have that much of a problem with it, either. It might have been a bit overkill, but it was still probably their best option. The demolitions afterwards seems unnecessary, but I don't see why there would be a bunch of squatters right next to a secret warehouse performing gruesome experiments. You would think they would wind up on one of the lab tables being vivisected in short order. And that's part of the reason I don't have a huge problem with it - offing people who work on cybermancy was hardly killing "innocents".

The only real reason to avoid that kind of destruction is that there (at least in some campaigns) seems to be some implicit understandings between the corporations and the deniable assets that they employ. Some dead security guards and the occasional missing prototype are part of the cost of doing business. But when you start slaughtering a ton of people and blowing up lots of stuff, then you run the risk of making it more personal.

Personally, I see shadowrunners as deniable assets hired for the jobs that are complicated, messy, and dangerous. That is, when they're not being set up as patsies. Even the most "professional" runners will face betrayals, fight or die situations, and operations that can't be salvaged because they were FUBAR before the runners ever got there. So this team might face some censure from their fixer, might have the Johnson try to double-cross them to save his own hoop, and might have other runners make snide remarks about their being "sloppy" for awhile. They might also have to hide out in the Barrens for a week or two while grim-faced men with Ares Alphas hunt for them and lean on their associates. But all of those things could happen to a completely "professional" team, too.
toturi
I feel the same way about the Ice-Cold-Pro crowd, may they all choke to death on the stick that is jammed up their collective asses.

QUOTE (Paul @ Sep 25 2009, 08:03 AM) *
It's not a stick, haven't you heard? It's solid steel! smile.gif

So you enjoy having solid steel jammed up your collective asses? question.gif
wind_in_the_stones
To the original poster: Why does this bother you? There are two ways that such immoral acts bother us. In character, and out of character.

If it bothers you as a human being, you need to talk to your players about it. Just be prepared to get into that grey area of what sorts of murders are acceptable.

In character, as GM, you have no character. You are the world that the player-characters inhabit. But this world will react. As described above, various segments of society will come down on them, hard. But your friends seem to have a misconception about what the world is like, and you need to explain it to them, before your entire campaign devolves into a running gunfight. Give them a chance, and if they continue, play the Ton O'Bricks. Or just end your association. Or maybe you'll decide to accommodate them, to some extent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012