Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Prime Mover
PDF but still waiting for print.

Seattle 2072
Running Wild
SR4A LE

In some form of production.

Dawn of the Artifacts 2-4 (Midnight, Darkest Hour and New Dawn.)
Vice
Corp Book
Almanac
Toolkit
Several Novels
Ebooks
(Core Books Re - Release [In full color?])

Books for the future.

War
GM's Handbook
(jm_hardy: A sourcebook we're looking at for late 2010 might have some of the Neo A-type stuff in it, though to the exact same feel or anything.)

Anything I missed?

Edit: Added J Hardys post from chat for completeness.
Blade
Disclaimer: this post might make some of you want to harm me.

QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Sep 21 2009, 04:51 PM) *
SR4A LE

Yay! I've already got mine! And it's signed by Rob Boyle and Synner! nyahnyah.gif
(The French SR4A LE was on sale last weekend for a con and Boyle and Synner were invited).
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Blade @ Sep 21 2009, 11:14 AM) *
Yay! I've already got mine! And it's signed by Rob Boyle and Synner! nyahnyah.gif
(The French SR4A LE was on sale last weekend for a con and Boyle and Synner were invited).

I was this close to going to that con. I was even starting to brush up on my French and everything.

As far as the book schedule goes, other products in the pipeline include the Runner's Toolkit and the remaining Dawn of the Artifacts adventures. I think that covers the bulk of the stuff announced to the public.

Jason H.
Dashifen
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Sep 21 2009, 10:54 AM) *
I think that covers the bulk of the stuff announced to the public.
Jason H.

Tease biggrin.gif
Prime Mover
Toolkit was there I added rest of DotA and there titles to list.
I could have sworn I saw another mentioned for late next year but now when I went back I couldn't find it.
hobgoblin
for some reason, leisure games had running wild listed as available, in softcover:
http://www.leisuregames.com/acatalog/Main_...alyst__379.html
Zen Shooter01
War?
CanRay
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Sep 21 2009, 04:04 PM) *
War?

Huh, yeah, what is it good for, absolutely nothing, say it again!
Ancient History
War...is good for business.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Sep 21 2009, 05:20 PM) *
War...is good for business.

That's 1 gun for every 12 people in the world. My question as an arms dealer is - how do we arm the other 11?
Marwynn
Give the 12th guy some free ammo.
flowswithdrek
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Sep 21 2009, 08:01 PM) *
for some reason, leisure games had running wild listed as available, in softcover:
http://www.leisuregames.com/acatalog/Main_...alyst__379.html

That would be because its available in softcover, I have had my copy for about a week now.
Bull
War... War never changes? smile.gif
Lugburz
What happened to "Cities of Intrigue"? Wasn't that on the way, or am I confusing things here?

I was sort of looking forward to that one. There are some things in the pipeline that may or may not depend on it. It's good either way- just means I have less work to do or a lot of fun things to think about and write down.
CanRay
I want my SR4A. Still waiting for my pre-order.
kanislatrans
QUOTE (Bull @ Sep 21 2009, 05:44 PM) *
War... War never changes? smile.gif

Thanks Bull, now I have to wrestle with the Fallout 3 monkey on my back for the next week.... grinbig.gif
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Lugbûrz @ Sep 21 2009, 06:32 PM) *
What happened to "Cities of Intrigue"? Wasn't that on the way, or am I confusing things here?

I was sort of looking forward to that one. There are some things in the pipeline that may or may not depend on it. It's good either way- just means I have less work to do or a lot of fun things to think about and write down.

There have been adjustments made to the pipeline in various ways, but some elements of that should pop up in a 2010 product.

Jason H.
Jaid
there were also rumours of "awakened haunts" or something like that, i think. not sure it was ever official, though.
Prime Mover
QUOTE (Blade @ Sep 21 2009, 12:14 PM) *
Disclaimer: this post might make some of you want to harm me.

So.....what sets the Limited Edition version apart from the normal one? Cover, contents other goodness?
Paul
Will they continue publishing "Core" books in hard cover? So far I actually kind of like that practice. Also I know there were plans of a stripped Main Book PDF, is that still a possibility? Please? If you're ever sentenced to prison and end up where I work, I promise to sling you an extra food tray, even if you end up on food loaf.
Adam
QUOTE (Paul @ Sep 21 2009, 09:48 PM) *
Will they continue publishing "Core" books in hard cover

Yes.

Also I know there were plans of a stripped Main Book PDF, is that still a possibility?

Stripped? How do you mean? We've never announced plans to do any sort of cutdown version of the core book. We may have said it was "possible" .. but possible isn't plans.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (flowswithdrek @ Sep 22 2009, 12:27 AM) *
That would be because its available in softcover, I have had my copy for about a week now.

ok, so its not considered a corebook then...
Joe Chummer
So what's the deal with the Runner's Toolkit? I saw it mentioned once awhile back, but all that I registered was it includes a "GM screen."
Joe Chummer
QUOTE (Paul @ Sep 21 2009, 09:48 PM) *
Will they continue publishing "Core" books in hard cover? So far I actually kind of like that practice.

For one, I'm glad all of the core books are in hardcover, and in GOOD QUALITY hardcover to boot. By contrast, my old FASA Earthdawn hardcover practically disintegrated after about a year, and the state my softcover SR2 rules are currently in made me weep when I dug it out of the closet the other day.
Blade
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Sep 22 2009, 03:31 AM) *
So.....what sets the Limited Edition version apart from the normal one? Cover, contents other goodness?

The cover is black faux-leather with the Shadowrun logo embossed into it and something like "Shadowrun 4 20ème anniversaire" in silver letters and it's numbered.
The content is the same as the regular 4A.

But that's for the French version, the English version might be different.
Adam
QUOTE (Joe Chummer @ Sep 22 2009, 03:12 AM) *
So what's the deal with the Runner's Toolkit? I saw it mentioned once awhile back, but all that I registered was it includes a "GM screen."

http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/2009/0...s-of-shadowrun/ has the info on the Runner's Toolkit.
Adam
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Sep 21 2009, 09:31 PM) *

We'll be making an announcement about the differences between the English regular edition and the Limited Edition soon ... very soon.
Lugburz
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Sep 21 2009, 07:27 PM) *
There have been adjustments made to the pipeline in various ways, but some elements of that should pop up in a 2010 product.

Jason H.

Thank you for the reply. Not to push my luck or anything, but is there any chance that Kiev or any other places in Crimea will be covered?
AJCarrington
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Sep 21 2009, 10:51 AM) *
In some form of production.

(Core Books Re - Release)

Any chance these "re-releases" might include a full color treatment like 4a? Or, will they simply be updated and brought in line with the 4a rules (not that there's much to change)?

Thanks,

AJC
Paul
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 21 2009, 09:39 PM) *
Stripped? How do you mean? We've never announced plans to do any sort of cutdown version of the core book. We may have said it was "possible" .. but possible isn't plans.

My bag, I misunderstood your reply in that thread. Well if the powers that be ask count me in for a yes, we'd love it!
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Lugbûrz @ Sep 22 2009, 11:28 AM) *
Thank you for the reply. Not to push my luck or anything, but is there any chance that Kiev or any other places in Crimea will be covered?

@Lugbûrz: There's always a chance! But it's too early to say anything beyond that.

@AJCarrington: Mmm, I'd say there's a good chance of full color . . .

Jason H.
AJCarrington
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Sep 22 2009, 03:10 PM) *
@AJCarrington: Mmm, I'd say there's a good chance of full color . . .

Jason H.

Happy, happy days!! grinbig.gif talker.gif grinbig.gif talker.gif

AJC
Cardul
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 22 2009, 03:43 AM) *
We'll be making an announcement about the differences between the English regular edition and the Limited Edition soon ... very soon.

Well, given the rather large time-lag, I would expect some of the differences to be "Includes the errata applied!"
Joe Chummer
So, what's the Almanac entail?
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Joe Chummer @ Sep 23 2009, 06:06 PM) *
So, what's the Almanac entail?

Multiple timeline entries for every year of Shadowrun history, 1999-2072. Excerpts from news articles and other goodies relating information from the year. Profiles of nearly 40 nations. Mmmmmmm. Oh, and art. Pretty, pretty art.

Jason H.
ravensmuse
I will gladly donate organs to have that book in stores soon. Soon! Soooooon.

As you can tell, I'm a bit of a world nerd.
Joe Chummer
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Sep 23 2009, 07:55 PM) *
Multiple timeline entries for every year of Shadowrun history, 1999-2072. Excerpts from news articles and other goodies relating information from the year. Profiles of nearly 40 nations. Mmmmmmm. Oh, and art. Pretty, pretty art.

Jason H.

That'll sounds great. My handle on the SR history kind stopped when Big D was "assassinated." What was that, 2057?

I'm really behind the times. The history in the 20th Anniv. Edition helped bridge the gap, but I crave details!
Grinder
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Sep 21 2009, 04:51 PM) *
Running Wild

I ordered the print version of Running Wild at my FLGS yesterday and should have it tomorrow.
Snow_Fox
Just to raise the old banner
SoLA

This thing is becoming as mythical as the UB was in 2052
BookWyrm
Agreed, Snow_Fox. Time to put that particular phantom to either 'rest'.
the_real_elwood
So no hints as to what War is going to be about? I'd guess a rehash of Fields of Fire, plus some new military-related stuff, but what do I know.
hobgoblin
the big stuff that mostly riggers care about wink.gif
ravensmuse
I thought that everyone said that SoLA has been cannibalized for other projects and is essentially DOA. Could just be my faulty memory though.
Prime Mover
QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Sep 25 2009, 11:54 PM) *
So no hints as to what War is going to be about? I'd guess a rehash of Fields of Fire, plus some new military-related stuff, but what do I know.

IRC In the chat it was describe as a source/setting book for a plot line. Guessing that means military hardware and the conflict it's used in?
Prime Mover
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Sep 26 2009, 07:51 AM) *
I thought that everyone said that SoLA has been cannibalized for other projects and is essentially DOA. Could just be my faulty memory though.

Your right its been mentioned at least twice here on DS that I recall stuff from SoLA has shown up in other products.
limejello10512
War..."Huh, yeah, what is it good for, absolutely nothing, say it again! "

I must speak on the behalf of the heinlein fans "I wonder what the founding fathers of carthage would say to that?"

btw I want to take creidt for this book cause I thought up the concept of the "NA wars" and posted it here a long time ago....therefore I was effectively the lead designer on this book :delusional nod:
Snow_Fox
I wouldn't say 'canibalized' parts of SoLA have leaked into other projects but the bulk of it is still locked up in private data havens.

right now my LA stuff comes from guesses built on what has leaked and what culture I pick up form the travel Channel, the Amazing Race and Anthony Bourdain.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (limejello10512 @ Sep 26 2009, 03:08 PM) *
War..."Huh, yeah, what is it good for, absolutely nothing, say it again! "

I must speak on the behalf of the heinlein fans "I wonder what the founding fathers of carthage would say to that?"

btw I want to take creidt for this book cause I thought up the concept of the "NA wars" and posted it here a long time ago....therefore I was effectively the lead designer on this book :delusional nod:

the "value" of war is highly relative, depending on what side of the conflict your on (or have a relative lost during the fighting)...

seen from a economic viewpoint, its a black hole of work hours and resources.

so while its not something to forgo completely, its a last option, and one that needs to be used only as much as needed.
Prime Mover
Nothing says I win more then that final moment you press against the tripwire of a claymore. ;P
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012