Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: biological node question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Johnny Hammersticks
Hello All,

this may be a n00b question.

In the basic Shadowrun 4th edition book (either the earlier book or the 20th anniversary) does it say anywhere that a technomancer's biological node can't be hacked? I have since learned from reading Unwired more closely that the biological node can only be hacked by technomancers. Did I just miss this somewhere in the basic rulebook?

the context is that we were running the Emergence adventure with the little Annalee Buck in the amusement park, and the party's hacker decided to find her node and hack it.

thank you all.

Dashifen
I thought I recalled some information in SR4 (perhaps in earlier printings) that indicated the results of executing reboot and crash node style actions on a TM's node, which would have implied that they could be hacked, but a cursory look at SR4A seems to indicate that it's been brought into line with what was state in Unwired; the TM's bio-node is only hackable by other TMs.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Sep 21 2009, 09:27 AM) *
I thought I recalled some information in SR4 (perhaps in earlier printings) that indicated the results of executing reboot and crash node style actions on a TM's node, which would have implied that they could be hacked, but a cursory look at SR4A seems to indicate that it's been brought into line with what was state in Unwired; the TM's bio-node is only hackable by other TMs.

s/TMs/Resonant Entities/
I think..

Sprites can h4XX0r Bionodes. Having three TMs in my group, I find that Sprites are the only worthwhile counteroffensive against them.

BlueMax
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012