Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bounty on Ghouls?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Draco18s
Even with the average person having a 6 die advantage over the fluids, some people will still fail (critical glitch). One in every 216 or so.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 8 2010, 03:05 PM) *
Schrödinger's Ghoul? ;P

LOL! Well, not quite, I want to put a camera in there also so I can see if the disease really kicks in or not. But the thought of an undead shadowrun ghoul made me laugh.
Kumo
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Mar 8 2010, 07:29 PM) *
Ghoul Encounter of the first kind: You hear about the Ghoul
Disease Power: 0

Ghoul Encounter of the second kind: You See the Ghoul
Disease Power: 0-1 (Depending if he throws chosen body part or bodily fluid your way)

Ghoul Encounter of the third kind: You meet the Ghoul - He breathes on you...
Disease Power: 1

Ghoul Encounter of the fourth kind: He shakes your hand and have a chat with you
Disease Power: 2

Ghoul Encounter of the fifth kind: He nibbles a little on you
Disease Power: 4

Ghoul Encounter of the sixth kind: You get in the sack with the Ghoul
Disease power: 6

Ghoul Encounter of the seventh kind: He bites you, you bleed.
Disease Power: As per SR4 rules

rotfl.gif

Well, Power of ALL HMVV strains is insanitely high - 8 (ghoul) or 13 (other). I bet it's so high to make runners say "GHOULS? OH SHIT, GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!" rather than making a fortunes by hunting ghouls (i.e. to make HMVV really dangerous... for runners).

So maybe this is better: Power 8/13 against PCs, and Power (GM's decision) against everybody else?
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Kumo @ Mar 8 2010, 05:50 PM) *
rotfl.gif

Well, Power of ALL HMVV strains is insanitely high - 8 (ghoul) or 13 (other). I bet it's so high to make runners say "GHOULS? OH SHIT, GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!" rather than making a fortunes by hunting ghouls (i.e. to make HMVV really dangerous... for runners).

So maybe this is better: Power 8/13 against PCs, and Power (GM's decision) against everybody else?

Yeah, that's what Garou has been doing in our campaign, the first Ghouls we've met we killed him but the mage got hit and won't be infected, but we collected the bounty, he said that if we decide to start make a living of ghoul hunting, he will use infection rules.
Draco18s
PCs would very quickly outsource the job to someone else.
Draco18s
PCs would very quickly outsource the job to someone else.
Karoline
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Mar 8 2010, 02:13 PM) *
Hmm, are there MORE rules for Infection power?

The one I can find you roll Magic+Charisma VS victims Body+Willpower.

I dont think regular bodily fluids are allowed to roll...

That's only relevant to vampires and a handful of other infected. It doesn't apply to ghouls at all.

HMHVV III is responsible for the creation of ghouls, and
is typically spread by unprotected contact with those creatures or
their bodily fluids.

So yeah, go sneezing ghoul Apocalypse.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Karoline @ Mar 8 2010, 04:31 PM) *
Go go gadget sneezing ghoul Apocalypse.

Fixed for ya. smile.gif
*Achoo!*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012