Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matrix stats of drones
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
XON2000
Hi.

I'm having trouble figuring out what to use for a drone's matrix stats. I understand that the Pilot rating stands in for System, but what about Response, Signal, and Firewall?

Thanks.
DWC
For a civilian drone, the Firewall, Response, and Signal will be 3, for a security one, it'll be 4, and for a military one, they will be 5. The difference between military and security is kind of tough to define, so I'd suggest taking it on a case by case basis rather than try to apply a sweeping rule for categorizing.
XON2000
Thank you very much! Out of curiosity, can you tell me where to find that rule?
Ryu
Pg. 222 of The Precious.
Garou
I'd say Restricted Drones generally are Security, and drones with Forbiden parts or upgrades are Military - Only
DWC
QUOTE (Garou @ Oct 7 2009, 04:11 PM) *
I'd say Restricted Drones generally are Security, and drones with Forbiden parts or upgrades are Military - Only

Good rule of thumb. Think I'm stealing this in the future.
XON2000
QUOTE (Ryu @ Oct 7 2009, 01:05 PM) *
Pg. 222 of The Precious.

Thanks!
Jaid
QUOTE (Garou @ Oct 7 2009, 03:11 PM) *

sadly not quite that straightforward. consider the crashcart autodoc, for example, which is clearly not a security drone, but is restricted. or the doberman, which clearly *is* a security drone, but is not restricted. the ferret is described as a perimiter drone, but is neither restricted nor forbidden. the modified GMC chariot is clearly not a military drone, but is forbidden availability. the akiyama and otomo are quite clearly a bit beyond security drones, but are only restricted. the GTS tower has a weapon mount, but is not restricted or forbidden, and is presumably either security or military. the tomino is restricted, and is a bit beyond security-grade. the neptune is not even restricted, but is listed as a surveillance drone for nuclear subs who can't afford to go into shallow water for fear of being detected, and being used as a security drone.

those are probably the main issues you will have with using your "R means security, F means military" theory. in general, your best bet is to just look at the specific drone and work it out.
Garou
QUOTE (Jaid @ Oct 8 2009, 04:05 AM) *
sadly not quite that straightforward. consider the crashcart autodoc, for example, which is clearly not a security drone, but is restricted. or the doberman, which clearly *is* a security drone, but is not restricted. the ferret is described as a perimiter drone, but is neither restricted nor forbidden. the modified GMC chariot is clearly not a military drone, but is forbidden availability. the akiyama and otomo are quite clearly a bit beyond security drones, but are only restricted. the GTS tower has a weapon mount, but is not restricted or forbidden, and is presumably either security or military. the tomino is restricted, and is a bit beyond security-grade. the neptune is not even restricted, but is listed as a surveillance drone for nuclear subs who can't afford to go into shallow water for fear of being detected, and being used as a security drone.

those are probably the main issues you will have with using your "R means security, F means military" theory. in general, your best bet is to just look at the specific drone and work it out.

Well, thatīs why i said drones e/o parts. I meant to include weapons. too. The dobberman nude surely is no security drone, but when you install a rifle on itīs body, it quickly becames much much more than a walker drone. smile.gif The LMG surely is restricted. It would make sense to beef up the defenses on a drone like that, so it would get the military/security device rating.

That would work out for almost everything i guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012