Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interest in Halloweeners game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
DigitalOYABUN
Checking interest at this time only, but looking for 4 to 6 players that are detail and roleplay orientated.

Behind the mask the voice is muffled and hard to determine weither it is male or female "For to long has Seattle slept peacefully in it's beds. For to long have we the Halloweeners, the terror of the night streets here in Seattle allowed it to happen. No Longer! No Longer! We will take back these streets! We will disturb this sleepy little city! Wake up screaming Seattle....welcome to your Nightmare!"

With this small speech, by the one they now call Nightmare, the Halloweeners have retaken their spot in Seattle.

But, the real story isnt here, its in the years and months preceeding it. It is during the time of infighting that Nightmare arose, and only those who participated know the true story of Nightmare's rise.......and beginning.

The game, if interest is there is centered on the infighting for leadership after Slash takes his finally bow in the big show.

I'll have special creation rules if I get enough interest to post them, but looking at a 315 build. (Why 315? well its grim and gritty street level, and at the full 35 points of negative qualities, thats 350 to play with, but like I said if interest is shown I'll post the rest)
Chrysalis
Would characters be halloweeners?
kanislatrans
I'd definitely be interested. Personally, I prefer street level games.
SincereAgape
QUOTE (kanislatrans @ Oct 20 2009, 09:58 PM) *
I'd definitely be interested. Personally, I prefer street level games.

Ditto. Sign me up as a potential.
DigitalOYABUN
Yes, all would be Halloweeners
Chrysalis
Sign me up as interested. Lots of Halloween themes please and drugs and random violence and deaths.
SincereAgape
I forget off the top off my head....Halloweeners, are they an all human gang?
Karoline
I might be interested, but depends somewhat on when we would get started. I think I'm nearing my limit of games I can play at the same time.
DigitalOYABUN
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Oct 20 2009, 09:06 PM) *
I forget off the top off my head....Halloweeners, are they an all human gang?

Nope, used to be mainly Human, but that changed when Slash opened recruitment to all who wanted to bust corporate types' heads in.
Karoline
QUOTE (DigitalOYABUN @ Oct 20 2009, 09:09 PM) *
Nope, used to be mainly Human, but that changed when Slash opened recruitment to all who wanted to bust corporate types' heads in.

So yeah, speaking of the Halloweeners, I don't know much about them, other than the fact that the joker would likely be declared their king fairly quickly. They actually make me think a bit of the Joker gang from Batman Beyond, but like I said, don't really know much so that could be completely off.
DigitalOYABUN
That would be more like the Scatter Brains with their pranks. Runners Havens has a small blurp on Halloweeners on page 91.
Karoline
QUOTE (DigitalOYABUN @ Oct 20 2009, 09:28 PM) *
That would be more like the Scatter Brains with their pranks. Runners Havens has a small blurp on Halloweeners on page 91.

Gezz, you think I just have every single book ever... oh, there it is wink.gif
kanislatrans
QUOTE (Karoline @ Oct 20 2009, 10:33 PM) *
Gezz, you think I just have every single book ever... oh, there it is wink.gif

one of the few I don't have(grin) I dream of finding a copy at the goodwill store... grinbig.gif
Karoline
Still one of the largest of the Downtown gangs, the psychotic
Halloweeners have experienced a bit of a shift in priorities
over the past few years. With the death of their charismatic (and
pyromaniac) leader Slash-and-Burn and his associated hatred of
all things corporate, the rest of the gang went through a bloody
period of infighting until they identified a new leader: a person
(nobody’s sure if it’s male or female) who calls itself Nightmare.
After the dust settled, they still focused on tweaking the corps
any way they can, mostly with vandalism and mayhem, but now
they’ve branched out to include making life miserable for just
about anyone that crosses their path. They make most of their
money by dealing BTLs (specializing in those involving violence
or horror, particularly snuffs).
pbangarth
So, is this everybody trading around being GM for everybody else? How many games is this bunch sharing now? wobble.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 20 2009, 09:40 PM) *
So, is this everybody trading around being GM for everybody else? How many games is this bunch sharing now? wobble.gif

Something like that biggrin.gif
Karoline
Oh, right DO, any special startup restrictions? Such as lowered gear availability or anything like that?
kanislatrans
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 20 2009, 10:40 PM) *

wobble.gif this would be my only one...I guess that makes me the FNG. grinbig.gif

SincereAgape
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 20 2009, 09:40 PM) *

Pretty much X 2.

I'd like to play my Elven Dog or Cat Shaman.

Real pious freaky arse hole.

If he doesn't get a good reaction I'll play something else.
Karoline
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Oct 20 2009, 09:51 PM) *
Pretty much X 2.

I'd like to play my Elven Dog or Cat Shaman.

Real pious ass hole.

If he doesn't get a good reaction I'll play something else.

Oh sure, you can post here but not on the DotA IC page nyahnyah.gif

Just kidding, I've been guilty of doing the same for a game that I'm in, sometimes just hard to get into character (Especially when the character is about to have his head blown off wink.gif )

Anyway, I'm thinking of playing some kind of heavy combat character. Maybe melee spec, but I think I might try something a bit exotic like monofilament if I do go melee.

Edit: Monofilament whip I meant.
kanislatrans
Ive got an ork ganger I put together for another game that never got off the ground. He's built on 300bp. He's got a bit of cyber,but if there is a prob with availabiliy, I could just dump some bp into restricted gear I guess.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Karoline @ Oct 20 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Oh sure, you can post here but not on the DotA IC page nyahnyah.gif
I wasn't gonna say that. Not me. No way. nyahnyah.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 20 2009, 10:14 PM) *
I wasn't gonna say that. Not me. No way. nyahnyah.gif

Also, I asked him about a dozen questions which will have fairly notable impacts on my character, at least one of which he needs to answer before he can post. So like I said, I understand being able to post in general but not in one thread in particular.
DigitalOYABUN
Looks like enough interest.

At the moment it stands as a 315 BP build.

To be considered a 'Rager' (low level leadership postion in the gang) you must have either Criminal SIN, or Records on File: Renraku. (You neednt take a leadership roll if you have these)

Gear limits are Availability 8 and Rating 4.

Those of you that chose Criminal SIN, have the chance to be incarcerated with a person of interest (fellow Halloweener member)

I'll be posting more later, but think on this......no one knows who Nightmare is. Is it you? Is it the person you helped get there? Eventually there is a grab for power and where do you fall into that? Is it your camp that wins, or are you on the losing side?
Karoline
What about if we take the restricted gear quality? Or is that not an option?
Karoline
Heh, that's impressive. A quick look over the first few things I'd picked out for my character (just grabbing things I thought would be useful. Mine is a long and complex gear selection ritual) and I notice that everything I've bought so far is outside the avail 8 limit wink.gif

Goodbye Platelet factory, goodbye reflex recorder, goodbye monofilament whip, goodbye muscle toner.

nyahnyah.gif
DWC
Still looking for players? I've got a craving for mayhem.
DigitalOYABUN
We are still in the interest/recruitment stage DWC...so, yes

Restricted gear stays as stated in book. I cant see a reason to disallow something that costs so much in points
Karoline
QUOTE (DigitalOYABUN @ Oct 21 2009, 08:24 AM) *
Restricted gear stays as stated in book. I cant see a reason to disallow something that costs so much in points

Sounds good to me. I ask because one way to look at it is that Restricted gear lets you get something 8 higher than the normal availability, so if you are working with lower base availability then Restricted Gear should be lowered as well. But I agree that for all the points it costs on top of still having to spend the money on the stuff, 20 still sounds fair.
SincereAgape
QUOTE (DigitalOYABUN @ Oct 20 2009, 10:38 PM) *
Looks like enough interest.

At the moment it stands as a 315 BP build.

To be considered a 'Rager' (low level leadership postion in the gang) you must have either Criminal SIN, or Records on File: Renraku. (You neednt take a leadership roll if you have these)

Gear limits are Availability 8 and Rating 4.

Those of you that chose Criminal SIN, have the chance to be incarcerated with a person of interest (fellow Halloweener member)

I'll be posting more later, but think on this......no one knows who Nightmare is. Is it you? Is it the person you helped get there? Eventually there is a grab for power and where do you fall into that? Is it your camp that wins, or are you on the losing side?

Sounds good Digital. It shouldn't take a marathon to create a character under those limitations.

Question 1: Still planning on rolling a elven cat or dog shaman unless there is a possibility to roll an insane Toxic Shaman or Possibly a Dark Adapt cannibal. Are these options available?

Question 2: Are the supplementary books up for use as well? IE Street Magic, Runner's Companion?
Karoline
So, just want to run a quick idea past you DO. Telescoping Stun Staff. It isn't actually in the books, but I figure a Telescoping staff is common and cheap enough, so why not throw the stun part in there. Could either be a Stun Staff that has been made to telescope, or a telescoping staff that has a stun baton tossed on the end.
DigitalOYABUN
All books are open for use, I dont have Seattle 2072...so any info from there should be quoted for my thoughts please.

As for your dark types:

Toxic: I'd like to see a slow progression into madness instead of it being full blown wackiness from the start. This game centers around roleplay more than any other element.

Cannibal: Same thing as toxic, a slow build up to that. Also, can you come up with a cultural model as your guide?
Karoline
Are we using the SR4 BBB skillsoft costs or the SR4A costs? I ask because there is a massive difference between the two, with SR4A making it virtually pointless to use skillwires because the cost of a skill is absurd. It wouldn't be so bad that they cost 2 BP worth of nuyen per rating (Still making it an advantage over actually learning the skill) but that cuts deeply into how much money you can spend on other things. And of course the fact that you had to pay essence and cash for the skillwires in the first place.
Chrysalis
I was thinking on playing flower, a girl whose speciality is being a chip head.
DigitalOYABUN
Is chiphead a speciality? rotfl.gif

I'm going with 20th edition as its supposed to be the be all, end all of all things Shadowrun
Karoline
QUOTE (DigitalOYABUN @ Oct 21 2009, 03:37 PM) *
Is chiphead a speciality? rotfl.gif

I'm going with 20th edition as its supposed to be the be all, end all of all things Shadowrun

Alright, sounds good to me. No skillsofts for me then smile.gif
DWC
I'd imagine that while it's a career path that doesn't allow for a lot of secondary specialization, it's not rare enough to really be a specialization.

I'm leaning towards Pain, a steroid addled mindlessly violent psychopath.
ravensoracle
Still any openings left? I am thinking of a few different ideas. Let me know where the group is weak and I can fill that spot.
DigitalOYABUN
As some of you may be in the creation mode already, here are a few things.

If you take Martial Arts Quality, you unarmed may not be above 3. Reason is that you have to put alot of effort behind that training.

Technical skills are limited to 3, except mechanic: ground craft which is capped at 4

Start thinking of your specialty in the gang, if you're a BTL dealer or what have you let me know and cultivate your points to that end...ie cheap contacts that are buyers etc.
Karoline
QUOTE (ravensoracle @ Oct 21 2009, 03:46 PM) *
Still any openings left? I am thinking of a few different ideas. Let me know where the group is weak and I can fill that spot.

I haven't heard anyone mention a techhead. So a hacker might be good.

I'm currently building up a 'muscle' character (Who is actually fairly weak, but gets the job done). May actually adjust her to assassin, could be fun.

DO, are monofilament garrote and regular garrote similar enough to fall under the same exotic weapon skill? I figure they both deal with 'wrap something around the person's neck and pull'.
Karoline
QUOTE (DigitalOYABUN @ Oct 20 2009, 10:38 PM) *

So, two questions. One, is it at all possible to have a leadership position without one of those two qualities (I mean I would think being busted would lower your chances of getting high up) and two, why Renraku, what is their special connection to Halloweeners?

Oh, and another question: Would it be possible to get a monofilament whip as an implanted melee weapon? There isn't anything about it in any books, but I don't see why it couldn't be done.
DigitalOYABUN
On the garrote, mono-garrote: yes same exotic skill

Without either of those two qualities you'll have to earn your rank in game. Those two qualities means you've done the work for the gang in the past, a glaring reminder that you've done work for it.

Why renraku? the fluff...i mean backstory of the gang. They got hit hard by renraku, and then went after them (slash n burn's era of rule really pushed the hate of them)
Karoline
Ah, okay, like I said, don't know much about the fluff for the gang. Perhaps I'll play as a newer recruit to help mesh up my IC and OOC knowledge.

Also, since it looks like you missed my edit: Any sort of option for monofilament whip as a melee weapon implant? I'd imagine it wouldn't be any more difficult than a Hand Razor or maybe a spur.
DigitalOYABUN
Sorry I missed that one. Let me look at my first and second edition stuff, I think it was actually in there.
Chrysalis
So what kinds of drugs do Halloweeners do?
DigitalOYABUN
I'd say they'd run the gamut on drugs or BTL, although they've started dealing heavily in the dark BTL stuff, including snuff
Karoline
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Oct 21 2009, 04:53 PM) *

I think BTLs are the big one, especially of the violence/horror/snuff verities.
kanislatrans
well, Matto is ready. he's kind of a generalist at this point. I may flesh out the backstory some and maybe a short piece of fiction. Ill submit when ever we are ready...
Chrysalis
So a snuff BTL junkie. Gotcha.
kanislatrans
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Oct 21 2009, 04:53 PM) *

Candy corn and carmel apples of course! They are all sugar junkies to the core. grinbig.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012