Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are you looking for in an SR auction?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Freejack
Man, I used your site to figure out what books I didn't have after I got back into gaming. I wanted to run 3rd since the new group was playing it but then moved on to 4th with a new group. So I have all the books now and would be interested in the magazines. I have a few but not all.

I'd go for however you wanted to part (or not part) it out personally. From the "get the most" aspect, tie the rarer ones in with 3 or 4 not-so-rare books and you'll get some coin. I've bought a few stacks like that and as such, have maybe 10 duplicate books kicking around that I don't know what to do with smile.gif

I'll echo what others have said. Simply box them up and wait out the impulse. I've been there and am glad they were all in boxes and waiting when I wanted to browse (and eventually play) again.

Carl
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Freejack @ Oct 23 2009, 08:52 PM) *
Man, I used your site to figure out what books I didn't have after I got back into gaming. I wanted to run 3rd since the new group was playing it but then moved on to 4th with a new group. So I have all the books now and would be interested in the magazines. I have a few but not all.

I'd go for however you wanted to part (or not part) it out personally. From the "get the most" aspect, tie the rarer ones in with 3 or 4 not-so-rare books and you'll get some coin. I've bought a few stacks like that and as such, have maybe 10 duplicate books kicking around that I don't know what to do with smile.gif

I'll echo what others have said. Simply box them up and wait out the impulse. I've been there and am glad they were all in boxes and waiting when I wanted to browse (and eventually play) again.

Carl

10 Duplicates Huh?
tisoz
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 24 2009, 10:48 AM) *
10 Duplicates Huh?

I'm thinking he means 10 duplicate titles. I hope it's not 10 of the same title.
BookWyrm
I agree that whomever gets the Ka*Ge and Shadowland stuff should scan and post it for the rest of us. I have my complete run of Ka*Ge (including the one issue I contributed to), and I'd have to see what issues of Shadowland I still have. Otherwise, I have everything I need.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (tisoz @ Oct 24 2009, 10:12 AM) *
I'm thinking he means 10 duplicate titles. I hope it's not 10 of the same title.

That Was my Assumption, just curious is all...

Keep the Faith
tisoz
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Oct 24 2009, 12:31 PM) *
I agree that whomever gets the Ka*Ge and Shadowland stuff should scan and post it for the rest of us. I have my complete run of Ka*Ge (including the one issue I contributed to), and I'd have to see what issues of Shadowland I still have. Otherwise, I have everything I need.

I was scanning my run of Shadowland (I think I got issues 1-3 scanned) when Adam said they were planning on doing professional level pdf's of them (back when they started putting out oop SR pdf's.) They were running them through optical character recognition programs and then editing goofs to make them searchable, which beat my just scanning them to pdf, so I stopped. I think they are still on my home computer, but not certain as I made have had a virus and needed to clean the hard drive and not gotten around to backing them up yet.

In any case, I do have the complete run of Shadowland - just not with me. I need to get them on pdf's so I can have them with me.

I am not too afraid of the copyright thing, because I happened to pay for a subscription to the magazine and never got a single copy. They didn't offer a cash refund, even though they knew they weren't publishing any more issues but still decided they needed to cash my check instead of returning or ripping it up. They did offer old SR stock, which of course did not match the amount they cashed, but when I made my decision and put in my order I never had it sent to me. I was patient but finally inquired as to when I should be reeiving it and was told to resubmit my order. I did this, never got the product, and this time was not so patient and when I tried contacting Sword of the Knight, they had vanished in the night like the Colts from Baltimore. Unlice the Colts, I have no idea where they went.

So it would be kind of nice to hear a warning from them about not copying copyrighted material. At least I, and no doubt many others, would know where to find these @#$%&*! them. I'm sure this plan isn't legally sound, but it seems moral and no less ethical to me.
Not of this World
Wordman... there is a blast from the past.

Glad to see you're still doing well even if it is only to ditch SR. I still thnk you should hold onto your stuff because you may come back to it. Even if you don't see yourself doing tabletop RPG, will you want to reference the materials when Smith & Tinker does a Shadowrun computer game?

I sold all my 2nd edition stuff when I left for college years ago. 5 years later when I graduated I got back into Shadowrun 3rd edition and regretted all the books I sold off.

But good luck in your endeavors. Somewhere a Shadowrun fan will will be glad to take the books you want to sell.
Wordman
I've set up the actions. See this thread for details.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012