Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Better description of Muscle Toner?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Johnny Demonic
Looking for good answers than just some weave that they stick in you. I never remembered it a decade ago. All there was to get back then was muscle augmentation. Suddenly this new gizmo pops up! How long has it been around for? Where did it first appear?
mfb
it first appeared in Shadowtech. the description was pretty much the same--Gortex-varient strands interwoven with your muscle fiber.
K Oz
In Shadowtech, there was just muscle augmentation. There, however, it had the combined effects (and combined bioindex and ¥ costs) of the (now splitted) muscle toner (giving you more quickness) and muscle augmentation (giving you more strength).
In the first German translation they made the mistake to give you +1 reaction and +1 quickness for every step of muscle augmentation. Since then, I never had a dwarf that fast biggrin.gif .
mfb
er, crap. you're right.
Johnny Demonic
So all they did was split an old item in half? What a way to make new wares!
LoseAsDirected
Well, it makes some sense to combine the effects, but there's more to muscle than just strength..

And one can improve ones strength without ever working on their speed...

As far as I see it, muscle toner weaves more elastic muscle fibers into you, allowing your muscles to contract faster and giving you a boost in speed and agility.. Muscle augmentation just increases your muscle fiber, giving you more strength..
Fortune
QUOTE (Johnny Demonic)

I don't mind it, as often I just want one or the other for a character without necessarily wanting to implant the other. With the older version, that wasn't possible.
Mongoose
QUOTE (Johnny Demonic)

Yup, several of the "new" cyber and bioware items in M&M are actually break-downs of old items, allowing players to specialize thier wares selection a bit more, or maybe combine componsnt systems in new ways. At least, that was the goal...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012