Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4th ed ally spirit
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Straight Razor
they put out rules for ally spirits yet?

second question.
I am wanting to have a phyEd with an ally spirit. I know that RAW this is not possible, but i want to hammer it through anyway. Once I have the spirit feeding it karma is normal. It is getting the spirit to start with that i'm not sure how to do in a balanced way.
JoelHalpern
Ally spirits are described in Street Magic.
The problem for an adept is that the mechanism that is described requires the ability and skill to bind the spirit. The Adept will have neither one. If you and your GM want to allow this, you will have to come up with a new mechanism.

Yours,
Joel
Dreadlord
You may want to look at the rules for spirit pacts in Street Magic, it may be what you are looking for. They are fairly open-ended as well, so no real mechanism changes are necessary, just create your own pact with your GM.
Neraph
Ally Spirits are from a Metamagic Technique in Street Magic, page 53. Basically, they are only available to casters. You could do a Mystic Adept with one point for Spellcasting so you can summon, but then you're limited to a F1/F2 Ally Spirit max.

Spirit Pacts are iffy, since in order to get what you want you'd have to go to a GM specific house rule.

You could do a high Loyalty Contact.

Also, you could check the thread in my signature, as I detail a new method of even mundanes getting "pet" spirits of their own, straight from Running Wild.
MikeKozar
Could a Mentor Spirit work here? Lots of good Kung-Fu media with ghost masters...although they aren't usually pets.
Neraph
I'm not sure what the OP had in mind, but Mentor Spirits cannot actually take part in anything. They give you bonuses. That's pretty much the start and finish of it.
Ol' Scratch
You're free to use them for flavor. For example, Spider could always be on your shoulder, whispering secrets into your ear whenever you have an epiphany. Hougan often manifest their mentor spirit as one of their loa spirits, but it's no different than any other spirit. That's about as far as they go outside of astral quests and the like, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012