Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sythblood
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Neraph
QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 29 2009, 12:40 PM) *
EDIT: Back to the main post though, I have one of the Bloodbag drinks I will be trying at work. A friend saw one and grabbed it for me.

It was very wierd. The taste was fine, but as a texture freak the consistancy was difficult to swallow. I don't suggest trying to drink it at room-tempurature, that may have had something to do with it.
Karoline
QUOTE (Neraph @ Dec 1 2009, 11:35 AM) *
It was very wierd. The taste was fine, but as a texture freak the consistancy was difficult to swallow. I don't suggest trying to drink it at room-tempurature, that may have had something to do with it.

Do you think it would have been better cold or warm? I mean blood should be around 98ish degrees or so (I would imagine), so maybe that would be optimal drinking temp.
Mercer
It seems like mimicking the texture and temperature of blood would only appeal to the people that like drinking blood, which I'm going to assume is a statistically insignificant portion of their target demographic.
Karoline
QUOTE (Mercer @ Dec 1 2009, 06:27 PM) *
It seems like mimicking the texture and temperature of blood would only appeal to the people that like drinking blood, which I'm going to assume is a statistically insignificant portion of their target demographic.

Oh ye of little imagination nyahnyah.gif

I'm sure they weren't exactly going for the mass market with the product. I've heardtm that some goth/emo/vampire type people are into the whole bloodletting and subsequent drinking of the blood. Well, I'm sure that provides limited refreshment, and thus the reason for requiring full bags. Does seem odd that they wouldn't try and replicate the taste at all, there is something about that coppery tang to blood...
Mercer
I have one of those friends who thinks blood-drinking is cool, and I can attest he is a stastically insignificant portion of anyones' target demographic.

Still, whatever drives people to drink blood, I'm going to assume it isn't primarily taste and that their need isn't going to be satisfied by thick, copper-flavored Mountain Dew. (That is, and no offense to the goth/emo/vamp kids in the audience, but as silly as we may think drinking blood is, I'm sure they would think drinking blood-flavored soda is equally silly.)
Starmage21
QUOTE (Karoline @ Dec 1 2009, 08:38 PM) *
Oh ye of little imagination nyahnyah.gif

I'm sure they weren't exactly going for the mass market with the product. I've heardtm that some goth/emo/vampire type people are into the whole bloodletting and subsequent drinking of the blood. Well, I'm sure that provides limited refreshment, and thus the reason for requiring full bags. Does seem odd that they wouldn't try and replicate the taste at all, there is something about that coppery tang to blood...

An oddity considering the base elements are iron.
Wanderer
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Nov 30 2009, 12:39 PM) *
If you're a really rich Essence-impaired individual, the answer - as always - is magic. An initiate with Invoking and access to Guardian Spirits can get the spirit to use Endowment to grant Sapience to a box of kittens. Now you can feed off of their Essence since they're Sapient. Various Asian recipes are available, or substitute with dog for variety.

Joking aside, I had a Norse tradition vampire magician that used this trick to keep his small group of vamps fed without endangering the non-Infected members of their little Norwegian commune.

Heh, I always thought that post-errate Norse was one of the best traditions around, but the possbility of this particular trick had escaped me. Norse nosferatu mystical adept, here I come. cool.gif
BookWyrm
This thread refreshed an old memory for me; a while back, when I could wear fang-caps, I went to a Halloween party as a "corporate vampire" (before I ever heard of VtM), dressed in my very-nice tuxedo, and I brought a cooler. A friend who was a nurse at the time got me a clean, empty IV bag which I filled with red Kool-Aid. Occaisionally during the party, I'd break out the bag & sip from it. Most of the people there got the joke, and I made a few of the party-ers wince. biggrin.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Dec 2 2009, 10:11 PM) *
This thread refreshed an old memory for me; a while back, when I could wear fang-caps, I went to a Halloween party as a "corporate vampire" (before I ever heard of VtM), dressed in my very-nice tuxedo, and I brought a cooler. A friend who was a nurse at the time got me a clean, empty IV bag which I filled with red Kool-Aid. Occaisionally during the party, I'd break out the bag & sip from it. Most of the people there got the joke, and I made a few of the party-ers wince. biggrin.gif

Nice.
Neraph
QUOTE (Karoline @ Dec 1 2009, 12:10 PM) *
Do you think it would have been better cold or warm? I mean blood should be around 98ish degrees or so (I would imagine), so maybe that would be optimal drinking temp.

It definately would have been more blood-like, but the fluid itself lacks any flavor resembling blood. Back in my more youthful days, I was in to interesting things. The taste difference was wierd. It's like eating marshmallows, but tasting roast duck. The difference of taste from texture is very offsetting.
Karoline
QUOTE (Neraph @ Dec 3 2009, 01:33 PM) *
It definately would have been more blood-like, but the fluid itself lacks any flavor resembling blood. Back in my more youthful days, I was in to interesting things. The taste difference was wierd. It's like eating marshmallows, but tasting roast duck. The difference of taste from texture is very offsetting.

So you don't enjoy duckmellows then? nyahnyah.gif

I know what you mean though. Stuff that tastes different than you're expecting doesn't sit well at first, and takes a moment to get used to, same thing with odd textures.

Now I really want a duck... or turkey... or something... oh, wait, I think I still have leftover turkey biggrin.gif
BookWyrm
I recently beheld the aforementioned "Blood" energy-drink in package at Jim Hanley's Universe in NYC. Cute, but not for $6.
Delarn
For the Ghoules and Gnawers : They are what you call a good way to dispose of an unwanted body. The Syndicates should always have some.

The government should always dispose executed like that. Ghouls and Gnawers should always be respectec and used for that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012