Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tattoos
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FlakJacket
I could be on crack, but I seem to remember some sort of cyber/bio/nanite augmentation that allowed you to have tattoos that could be turned on and off with mental commands. I can't seem to find anything in Man & Machine, unless I missed something, so now I'm wondering whether it was something that I came across in TSS or one of the websites.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Just seemed a nifty thing for a Maori character I was considering making so that he'd still be able to have Moko yet turn them off to be less conspicuous when needed.
Reaver
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
I could be on crack, but I seem to remember some sort of cyber/bio/nanite augmentation that allowed you to have tattoos that could be turned on and off with mental commands. I can't seem to find anything in Man & Machine, unless I missed something, so now I'm wondering whether it was something that I came across in TSS or one of the websites.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Just seemed a nifty thing for a Maori character I was considering making so that he'd still be able to have Moko yet turn them off to be less conspicuous when needed.

I think that was in SOTA, but I don't have my books with me, so don't quote me. smile.gif
Req
They discuss photoactive and nanite tattoos in Sprawl Survival Guide, but do't really give rules for them. Personally I'd just make the character spend a little bit more, that sounds like cosmetic stuff to me.
Wireknight
I could swear that Man and Machine had bioware-based biotattoos and nanite-based nanotattoos in the respective sections. As I don't have the book in front of me, I can't reference page numbers. Can someone else verify this?
Lilt
Personally I'd allow it as a Nanotatoo (P94, M&M) hooked-up to a DNI. I know that nanites can't usually communicate with a DNI but I think it'd be fine. The other, more expencive but more useful, option is to go the ruthenium sheath route but that costs 174k and .9 essence.
Zeel De Mort
Nanotattoos, p94 M&M. The can change shape, colour and texture over time, depending on how they've been programmed (kindof GM discretion).
Kagetenshi
I think you'd be able to control them very generally, like sending signals to configure to prearranged patterns. You just wouldn't be able to DNI them to make new patterns on-the-fly or similar. Sorta like an ordinary calculator; you can make it do stuff it's already made to do when you want it to, you just can't make it do new stuff without breaking out the solder.

~J
Rev
Also from the way it is phrased in M&M I got the impression that the tattoos changed quite slowly.
FlakJacket
After looking at them, they do tend to sugegst very slow change. Hhmm. Best bet seems to just put it down as the Cosmetic/Misc option and throw in DNI as well. :/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012