Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC - Dairy Dash!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
tisoz
Terry drives to the nearest DocWagon clinic. Rocky takes all the Battletac receivers and instructs the free spirit possessing Movie Star to stay undercover with the Minnow Crew and keep him updated on their movements by cell phone or watcher spirit, whatever seems most secure.

Terry and Rocky leave the opposing team in Movie Star's care to deliver to the emergency room as they catch a cab and head toward the rest of the team. On the ride there, Terry states that this is getting more involved than she or Carrie wanted to get and that they would probably not pursue the matter further and lie low for a while.
Green Eyed Monster
Terry and Rocky get to Doc Sarah's and are updated by Tinker on what he has uncovered about the chips and the company making them, World Wide Designs.

Terry and Carrie explain they just wanted to catch the crazy slot who was carving people up, take their share of the 20K reward and leave. Knuckles says this sounds like it is too deep for him to jump into and that he was interested when it involved his neighborhood, takes his cut and leaves. Troy Anderson says it looks like things are breaking up and he thinks he'll go see what trouble his twin cousins can manage to find, takes his cut and hurries to catch up with them. Tinker states he doesn't really have a stake in this mess as he has been laid up for the entire time, but if he gets a share of any proceeds, he'll take it and go back to his much quieter life. Everyone has been taking their share based on Tinker getting one, so he takes his and limps out of the basement for the first time in what seems like months but has been less than a week.
tisoz
After several departures, Rocky, Theya and Sarah are left around an unconscious patient.

Theya explains, "This guy you refer to as The Ripper is Wraith, one of the guys on the team when I got this," the elf points to her bandaged shoulder. "We were part of a team put together by Booker Washington to steal some prototype chips and destroy all the datafiles associated with them. You can blame the dead guards on Wraith. The problem started with that double crossing Face, Mark Cooper. He's always trying to get a piece of the action and if he's not actively antagonizing you, he's going off on a history discourse. His favorite historical figure is Genghis Khan, as if anyone really cares about an old barbarian who smelled worse than his horse."

"Anyway, as we were extricating from the building, Cooper left me behind. I can still see his dirty smile as he ordered the rigger to lift off. I heard it all over the comm channel - they left early. I could have made it with time to spare if they had waited. Even with this," she nods toward her shoulder. "Instead, I wind up hiding in a garbage bin and infecting the fragging thing and taking forever to heal. Right now, I want some payback and for Mark Cooper to get what he deserves."
Green Eyed Monster
"What would you consider adequate payback, what do you think Cooper deserves, and how much is fulfilling those desires worth to you in a nice round nuyen figure?" asks Rocky.
tisoz
Theya bats her eyelashes, whether from a bit of surprise or seductively is unknown to Rocky.

"Payback," Theya says, "would start with getting payed for the job and the extended medical care. Mark Cooper deserves to be left hung out to dry, twisting in the wind due to his plotting and double crossing. In nice round nuyen terms, I'd pay 10,000 on a nice round credstick to have Cooper get what's coming."

"Of course, there is a lot more nuyen than that at stake from what I heard Tinker explaining about these chips. World Wide Designs or Booker Washington no doubt still want them and would pay to have them."

"...Do you mean chips like this?" Doc Sarah asks, pointing to one slotted behind Ripper/Wraith's ear.
Green Eyed Monster
Rocky looks at the fluttering eyelids of the elven woman and almost instantly agrees to any proposal, then catches himself, reminding himself she isn't the idealized image he has of his ex-wife. Sucker for the elf damsel in distress every time. He wants to agree to do the job, but the practicality of completion leaves him non-committal.

When the doctor points to the chip, Rocky tell's her to pull it.
tisoz
Doc Sarah takes a pair of forceps, grips the chip, pulls it from Ripper/Wraith, holds it up to the light then drops it in Rocky's outstretched palm.

No sooner does this happen than alarms start sounding from the machines monitoring Ripper/Wraith's vitals. Ripper/Wraith's body starts going into convulsions and seizures. Blood oozes from his ears, and eyes, coming faster from his nose and practically gushing from his lips where he may have bitten off his tongue. His spurs and hand razors snick in and out. The body, not having been strapped down when it seemed helpless and unconscious falls off the gurney onto the floor. The noise from the alarms quits almost instantly as the connections between the machines and the body are broken. In comparative silence, Ripper/Wraith flops around on the floor a few more times before coming to rest.
Green Eyed Monster
"Hmmm... That's something you don't see happen every day," Rocky opines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012