Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remote Control Deck (3rd)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fygg Nuuton
Where do all you riggers out there keep your wonderful toys? Do you sling it on your back, stuff it in your cyberleg, keep it in your vehicle and use a cheaper one in a network when away from the van or van analog? What's the optimal thing to do?
Ol' Scratch
Cyberlimbs. That's all they're good for anyway; free storage. I used to keep a nice jammer in there, too.
Mercer
I always wanted to put a stealth grapple gun in a cyberarm and instead of using a hook just use the hand. Or play a rigger with a detachable cyberhand drone.
Kagetenshi
RCDs aren't so hideously expensive, and the part that is (encryption) I'm already buying in bulk for the drones, so I tend to leave one installed in my Riggermobile and have a spare that I can keep in a bag for on-the-go use.

~J
PBI
I hardwired mine to my vehicle and didn't have a backup. Made for some awesome RP smile.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Dec 5 2009, 11:37 AM) *
Cyberlimbs. That's all they're good for anyway; free storage. I used to keep a nice jammer in there, too.

IN SR3, basically this.
Also, ask your GM for a house-rule that allows the same to be done with Cyber-Decks.
Ol' Scratch
I don't remember that requiring a house rule. I'm pretty sure there was a Capacity value placed on them, though it was pretty high. Around the same as a Jammer (which were much bigger in SR3 than SR4) if I'm not mistaking.
Stahlseele
There were Cranial Cyberdecks which
a) cost fucking too much money
and
b) cost fucking too much essence
i never saw anything that allowed them to be built into cyber-limbs.
also, how much essence would that cost? 0,1 for the additional DNI?
Sixgun_Sage
Batman style Utility belt, seriously, the deck was distributed between several armored pouches with wiring run through sleeves from pouch to pouch.
Ol' Scratch
i never saw anything that allowed them to be built into cyber-limbs.
also, how much essence would that cost? 0,1 for the additional DNI?

I'm almost positive that I remember such a rule. I believe it was mentioned in a list of other items that were roughly the same Capacity size. I'd have to search high and low for my old SR3 books to find a page reference for you, though, and I'm just not that determined to do so. biggrin.gif

And yeah, I think that was the accepted method. Though I seem to remember just getting a datajack and using a router with it.
Stahlseele
Well, if you built something into a limb which was usually not meant to be there, you needed to install an DNI to make use of it, because the connection of brain to limb operation was not suffecient for that . . but still, the cranial decks took up 2 to 4 points of essence, so the 0,1 essence would be one heck of a save anyway . . and of course, if you made the limb modular, you could take it off, pop in another limb and do some repairs/upgrades on your deck yourself . . the cranial meant a hatch opens in your head when you need a new CPU . . and you need cyber-surgery done . .
As for not being determined enough to look up that little bit of rules information for poor little old me?
SHAME ON YOU! http://www.digital-tree.com/images/catscorn.jpg
Nah, i can understand you, i am lazy as fuck myself ^^
Link
Cyberarm Cyberdecks are in Cybertechnology p34-35. Knew the book, checked the page ref. Quasi-lazy, so I won't elaborate.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 5 2009, 06:02 PM) *
Well, if you built something into a limb which was usually not meant to be there, you needed to install an DNI to make use of it, because the connection of brain to limb operation was not suffecient for that . . but still, the cranial decks took up 2 to 4 points of essence, so the 0,1 essence would be one heck of a save anyway . .

DNI Interfaces are for equipment that's not already designed to be cybernetically controlled. Read the second line of the Game Effects for DNI for clarification. Since cyberdecks are most definitely DNI enabled already, it's completely pointless. All you really need is a Router to connect it to a Datajack (which you should already have as a Decker); the Router is simply replacing the need for an optical cable.

The ECU list is on page 36 of Man & Machine, right there on the same table with Remote Control Decks (which, incidently, are apparently larger than a cyberdeck). It has an ECU of 5, or 4 if it's a stock model. I know there's another list somewhere, too, that includes Jammers and other such items but I'll be damned if I can find it again. I do recall it being rather obscure though and may have been in some text about converting ECU to CF and vice-versa.
Stahlseele
Thank you ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012