Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running abroad
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mindcandy
Afternoon folks - I'm looking for some advice and suggestions so please feel free to wade in here:

I've just finished GMing the Denver Missions campaign and my players are keen to carry on with SR4th using the same characters.

Since the New York missions are delayed/in hiatus I'm looking seriously at running Dusk next. This adventure will take the guys abroad - alot!

My question/issue is this;

Assuming the players want to fly themselves to Laos (or anywhere abroad for that matter) in the Helecopter they 'obtained' during the Denver campaigns - what obsticles should they encounter?

Who should they file a flight plan with?

What restrictions are there on international travel? SIN issues/customs etc?

How far can a helecopter fly before it needs refueling (what modifications should it have to go the distance).

I suspect some of these questions are answered in various source books (which I'm hoping to get for X-mas) so if you know where the info is can you reference it for me please?

Thanks guys smile.gif

.M.
Silverback
Hi!

I think, the easiest way to get a helicopter so far abroad would be to put it in a cargo plane and fly this aircraft to the destination. The range of a helicopter is nowadays less than 1000 km and some military versions are capable of in-flight refuelling, but these are special cases.
International flight plans are probably filed with the local air navigation service providers and in Africa probably none. I don't know if they have any in 2070.

Hope I could help
S.
Ascalaphus
Operational ranges for vehicles are covered in Arsenal I believe.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
If I remember correctly, default operational ranges are for a duration of 12 hours... you would need to figure actual speed/hour that the vehicle is capable of and then figure total distance... there are many ways to extend this range...

The Information is indeed in Arsenal... AFB currently, so I have no page numbers...

Keep the Faith
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Dec 8 2009, 03:55 AM) *
If I remember correctly, default operational ranges are for a duration of 12 hours... you would need to figure actual speed/hour that the vehicle is capable of and then figure total distance... there are many ways to extend this range...

QUOTE (Page 103 @ Arsenal)
As a rule of thumb, each vehicle has an operation time of 6 hours, but the gamemaster should feel free to adjust this as he feels appropriate.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Thank you Heath... 6 Hours it is...

Keep the Faith
LurkerOutThere
Errr Hiatus? They just finally got a new one out the door and I am holding out hope they'll keep to the 15th release schedule going forward. I am optimistic but resigned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012