Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fluffy Gear
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Snow_Fox
but at least you still have your towel. That makes you one really hoopy frood.
MikeKozar
I had my whole backstory ready to go before I realized my Rigger had to own a Facility-level auto repair shop if I wanted to keep it. That 100,000 nuyen could have been very helpful in other places. I eventually talked the GM into letting me use the custom lifestyle rules and the Home Ground quality to at least get some bonuses from it, but for the first few missions it was just 100k worth of fluff.
RedeemerofOgar
Camo duct tape, a wirecutting multitool, an IR flashlight and several zipties. ...on a mage with no electronics skill. smile.gif Oh, and Fodor's Guide to Lagos. It *could* have been useful if it weren't so out of date. *Grin*

I have 4 cans of freeze foam, each with a blasting cap and some 3-second safety fuses, that I intended to be useful and hilariously scary, but I never have gotten around to using one of them. I've threatened once or twice, but the party keeps thinking it's a bad idea. smile.gif
Draco18s
Freeze foam is the best stuff ever invented.
Karoline
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jan 17 2010, 08:35 PM) *
Freeze foam is the best stuff ever invented.

No, you're thinking of liquid nitrogen wink.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jan 17 2010, 08:42 PM) *
No, you're thinking of liquid nitrogen wink.gif

(Frost)burned!
*Shatters*
BnF95
Hi-power battery egg-beater (was later used as part of the kitchen-device-aided torture), portable stove, eggs, salt & pepper, pan.
Several terabytes of various old movies stored in his memory (Demolition Man, Oscar, Predator 1 & 2, Alien movie collection, Lethal Weapon series, etc. etc.) for recreational mode.
Aerospider
For the combat-biking razorboy in my group I devised stadium ARE. Whilst running it simulates the roar of tens of thousands of fans and the image of packed stadium seating a couple of hundred metres away in all directions (blocked by buildings, people, etc. within this radius) complete with floodlights. The software instantaneously reacts to the user's perception (so sim module required) such that the crowd roars encouragement when they try something daring, cheers when things go well and shouts derision when things go badly.

This is mostly for fluff, but I am prepared to add or subtract a single die in particularly dramatic situations.
Tiny Deev
Cigarettes and bagels. *shrugs*
Cray74
QUOTE (Aerospider @ Jan 20 2010, 10:22 AM) *
This is mostly for fluff, but I am prepared to add or subtract a single die in particularly dramatic situations.

Awesome.

I should add an AR band playing my character's theme music at all times. Because a hero's got have his theme music, right?
Prime Mover
Rarely get to be the PC but I got the chance last year, Dwarf Swat officer who lost his job when the KE took over Seattle contract.
Flask of good scotch and an oversize unlit cigar.
Karoline
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Jan 21 2010, 07:28 PM) *
Rarely get to be the PC but I got the chance last year, Dwarf Swat officer who lost his job when the KE took over Seattle contract.
Flask of good scotch and an oversize unlit cigar.

Ever read Artemis Fowl?

Reminds me instantly of Commander Root, though I'm sure the actual inspiration is from somewhere else.
Prime Mover
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jan 21 2010, 08:00 PM) *
Ever read Artemis Fowl?

Reminds me instantly of Commander Root, though I'm sure the actual inspiration is from somewhere else.

Was just going for the hard boiled ex cop with a drinking problem and a little bit of a death wish.
Kovu Muphasa
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Jan 21 2010, 09:41 PM) *
Was just going for the hard boiled ex cop with a drinking problem and a little bit of a death wish.

I didn't thnk Mel was that short?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012