Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Submersion Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Enin
Hey all, I was wondering how you GM's usually handle submersion for your players?

Do you roleplay it out? And if so do you do a 1-on-1 session, or during a run?

I was thinking of doing it during a run just to make it a little more challenging for the rest of the pc's and also to give it a little more drama.

Any suggestions?
Jaid
QUOTE (Enin @ Jan 20 2010, 02:54 PM) *
Hey all, I was wondering how you GM's usually handle submersion for your players?

Do you roleplay it out? And if so do you do a 1-on-1 session, or during a run?

I was thinking of doing it during a run just to make it a little more challenging for the rest of the pc's and also to give it a little more drama.

Any suggestions?

submersion? well, allow me to ask a quick question... are every single one of the runners either hackers or technomancers? if not, then you may not want to make a special run about the TM submerging and have everyone play it... because the TM submersion tasks are all pretty strongly matrix-oriented. and "sit here and stare at me while i do all the work" is probably not exciting for most people...

i would advise roleplaying it out (at least the first couple of times), in general don't make it a full-blown run though.
Enin
Only the submersing character is a Technomancer, and I wasn't planning on centering the whole run dedicated to it. The player has told me that he wants to and he has the karma to spend.

I was thinking of doing it during the next run, and when the technomancer tries to jump into VR to help the team I would start the submersion then and just go back and forth.
WalksWithWiFi
If you can do it on a 1 on 1 basis, then yeah, go for it-
1 on 1 sessions, or what i call "solo runs" can be pretty fun-
good place to work on character growth, relationships with npc's, etc.
Otherwise, i would downtime it.
Orcus Blackweather
When my Technomancer went on a resonance quest, the GM made resonance ghosts identical to the other party members. So it was my quest, but the others got to join in and help me out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012