Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Checkmate
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Bearclaw
I can be quiet, but I wouldn't use the word ghost. Let me hit the Aramante shop, I'll get a nice, armored suit, and play bodyguard.
kevyn668
Seeing the look on Mack's face and the esueing 'do over' of his work, "I told you so." He says with a sarcastic smile.

She thorough. I'll give the slitch that.

"I can do covert." Again with the smile, "whats the plan?" Tristan looks to Mack expecting an answer.
Glyph
While Mack goes over the room with her tools, Stitch checks out the place astrally, noting anything unusual such as manalines, watcher spirits, or wards. Considering that a teammate showed up with a spirit actually in tow behind him, he is not expecting to find much. He is not surprised that no bugs are found - that would be too crass, and obvious.

In response to Cougar, he replies, "I can be sneaky when I have to be. I agree with Mack, though, that subterfuge would be better. Considering that this is an inside job, I am very disappointed that he couldn't do better than common employee passes. At least we have someone who can get past electronic security. Also, while my main focus is healing, I do have a spell that can alter clothing if we need to pass as security personnel or maintenance workers."
Digital Heroin
Further searching of the data reveals a blueprint, as well as an index of key personnel for the facility.

Blueprint

The following are the areas labeled on the blueprint. The rest either were not decided at the time of the blueprint, or had faded before it was scanned.

a. Main Lobby
b. Administrative Pool
c. Site Director's Office
d. Security Post
e. Cafeteria
f. Production/Technical Support Floor
g. Live-In Employee Mail Room
h. Live-In Employee Lounge

a. Lobby Observation/Waiting Area
b. Site Security Cheif's Office
c. Security Monitoring Station
d. Deputy Site Director's Office
e. Research Labs
f. Employee Breakroom
g. Walkway
h. Utility Room
i. Employee Apartments

a. Special Projects Director's Office
b. Special Projects Server Room
c. Special Projects Division
d. Utility Closet
e. Employee Apartments

a. Utility Closet
b. Employee Apartments

A note attatched denotes this as Fischer's apartment.

There is also an underground parking complex, which both elevators lead to. Attached to that is a storage area for extra effects for live-in employees, as well as for outdated equipment.

Key Staff Listing

Site Director: Roberta Heinlin
Deputy Site Director: Maxwell Croft
Senior Technical Support Analyst: George Ronholm
Senior Production Analyst: Bob Carnegie
Senior Research Analyst: Marsha Phelps
Director of Special Projects: Clarence Fischer
Deputy Director of Special Projects: Reginald Clay
Cheif of Site Security: Captain Marc Genrald
Deputy COSS: Lt. Mary Walters
Digital Heroin
[Wacky double post]
kevyn668
Tristan lets out a low whistle, "Its better than Chritsmas."
Blitz
:: Mack studies the map for a bit then shifts her attention back to the information on the disk, searching for any information as to the targets schedule. ::

"First thing to figure out, is where the target will be at what time. We can't just go in mossying along the hallways looking for him."
Bearclaw
Finally, Manny is back in familiar territory. "OK, I've done a couple similar jobs, on an unwilling target, and I've found that the easiest way to beat security is to let the target do it for you. Does he ever leave? Even if they send a guard or two with him, it still beats sneaking in and shooting our way out of a secure building with dozens of guards."
Blitz
"I agree with you, if this was an unwilling extraction that would be the best course of action. However, it's less likely in this circumstance that such an opportunity will present itself. Since he is a willing target, it is more likely that he is not given enough freedom to escape his security much, if at all."

"That is not to say that the idea doesn't have a certain merit. I think the first step here is to get eyes on this guy. Just because that avatar claimed to be Fischer, doesn't make it so and we could easily wind up extracting someone who knows nothing. I have no problem with that eventuality, as that is common practice when working for the corps, but knowing the facts will only help us to develop a better plan."
Dashifen
"Perhaps if we could fashion a reason that would cause him to leave his imprisonment, then we could snatch him from the claws of his captors?

Turning to Cougar, Pili responds to his earlier question: "If you want invisible, that is outside my current area of expertise. However, I can use my .... spiritual friends to conceal my actions or just cause myself to look like another person. Either way, they may not be able to trace my actions."

His soft creole accent puts you at ease despite his slightly odd turn of a phrase.
Blitz
"Magic can be dangerous to use. Many corps have enough astral security that a sustained spell like that would be detected rather easily"
Grey
"I have a feeling that we're gunna have a hard time getting him to walk outside for us. If it were that easy, he would have set it up that way, rather than us having to bust him out. Don't cha think?"
kevyn668
"So we all agree that we need to some more intel. First off, what do we have in terms of surviellence capabilites? Second, can we at least get an astral scan of the place without attracting attention? Mebbe a fly by?
Bearclaw
"I'll hit the streets and see if I can dig up any dirt on our Mr Fischer. With a name and a photo, if he's got any nasty habits, I'll find out about it."
kevyn668
"I'll roll with ya. Lets see if the Queen has anymore to say. Besides, I gotta grap some stuff before we go."
Blitz
:: Mack watches the exchange. ::

"Alright everyone. Let's break for the afternoon to work on gathering some further intel. Pili, please see what you can find out magically about the facility, everyone else, hit the streets. See what we can dig up. We'll meet back here tonight at 10pm."
Grey
"Do I look like I'm the info gathering sort? Heh, yeah alright, I got a guy I can ask, so we'll see."
kevyn668
"Mack, you wanna touch base with our contact and get me those wheels I asked for earlier?"
Bearclaw
"Why don't you get the ball rolling on that, then we take a cab. I've got a cabbie freind that I was hoping to talk to today anyway. He can be trusted to not remember who we were or where we went."
Blitz
:: Mach sighs in exasperation. ::

"As far as hitting the streets, every competent professional should have research resources to check out information given to them. I'm not asking for a complete dossier. Just see what you can find out."

:: She changes her gaze towards Tristan with a hint of annoyance. ::

"Likewise, all professionals should be able to acquire their own transportation. Don't mistake me for you own personal assistant. You want to beg Nakaharo for equipment you aren't willing or able to procure on your own, then go for it."
Glyph
Stitch leans back on the couch he is sitting on, steepling his fingers together thoughtfully. "My contacts tend to be street level. I burned a few bridges when I left my old life, I'm afraid. So, letting you know to avoid any duplication of effort, I will confirm the information that we have been given. That shouldn't be too difficult, since the logistical support our Johnson has given us seems to be limited to commonly available information."

He frowns. "... Which throws up a few red flags for me, to be frank. But all I have are a few nebulous suspicions at this point, so I'll just keep my eyes open. Normally I would get a visitor pass and assense their magical defenses, but I don't want to be seen there if we will be going in there posing as employees later."
kevyn668
@ Mack:
Tristan's exagerates his own sigh in responce, "Well, Your Highness, I was in the process of procuring that specific piece of equipment when you interrupted me and then promply sent Nakaharo away so we could, I believe the phrase was 'discuss among ourselves what equipment we need and submit a request to you.' That was you, right? You told him that we'd get back to him, right? You are the one that does all the talking, right? So, don't take that 'I'm not your mom' tone with me, honey. I didn't think you would be so put out to act as a negotiator."

Tristan gives her a sarcastic smile, "Until you can actually act professional, why don't stop telling us that we don't. Your the Face, do your fucking job so the rest of us can do ours."

He turns to the team, "Who has comms? Cell phone? Gimme numbers or freqs."
Grey
Courgar starts to smile more and more as Tristan goes on and on. He doesn't bother to keep the smirk of his face, not really giving two shits if Mack doesn't like it or not.

"I got both. Internal. Rathing six encryption on both the phone and comm."

He gives out his phone number and three frequencies for the team to use.
Blitz
:: Mack chuckles dryly. ::

"Actually, I believe my statement was, 'Perhaps we should review the information as a group and hammer out all the details before we give Nakaharo-san our shopping list."

"While we're on the subject, just because I was the only one who stepped up during the negotiations with our client, does not make me your secretary. If you need something then get it. If you don't have the resources available, then come to the group and ask if anyone else has said resource. Don't just give me your bloody to-do list and expect me to waste my time doing your grunt work."

"I know that it seems I'm the only one in here capable of behaving with any sort of decorum, but I know well enough that you are quite able to smooze your way into places you don't belong. You just seem vexed that I called you on your earlier social blunder. Don't let it upset you darling. Im sure it happens all the time."

:: She smiles with a strangely sweet and innocent look, strange because you are all quite aware of her real attitude, yet somehow, that subtle shift in her facial features and body language gives a very convincing performance to the contrary. ::
Dashifen
Pili nods at Stitch when he comments on going inside to assense with magical defenses, and tries to hide a smile as Mack steps up on her soapbox for a moment. "I will see what I can determine as to their magical defenses. At the very least, I can probably determine if their warded, and where their wards are. Maybe I can dig up information on who put up any defenses to see if we can neutralize their response, or increase their response time, if - or when - we get ourselves into the fire from the frying pan."
Bearclaw
Manny snorts in disgust. "You guys are supposed to be the ones who talk to people for us? You're supposed to be the ones with CLASS? You sound like a bunch of schoolgirls. I'll see you at 10." And walks out the door.
Blitz
:: Mack smirks slightly as she settles down in the couch, and pulls out a pocket secretary. ::

"I'll hold the fort here and make some calls. If you need anything, I have an untraceable drop box I check every 30min. The LTG is 520.214.24.21."

"If it's an emergency, contact my toss-away."

:: She pulls out what looks to be a brand new cell phone and reads off the LTG. ::

"877.123.214.22"

:: With that, her eyes unfocus as she begins to place her calls. ::
Dashifen
"If there's nothing further, then, I too will retire to meet again at a later time. Adieu." With a small bow and a flourish of his hand, Pili spins and, in a much more civilized fashion, follows Manny out of the room. Looking left and right when he gets to the hallway, he looks for Manny.
Glyph
Stitch gets up, unhurried. "Yep. Guess I'd better get cracking on that. I'll see you all back here at Ten." He ponders the team as he leaves. Lots of muscle for a finesse job, but considering it's looking about 50-50 to be a screw job, that could come in handy. Some brittle egos, too, but he's not worried; he's run across far more annoying, and less professional types - it goes with being a career criminal.

When he gets home, he checks out the easily-verifiable information that they've been given, and also studies the corporate site for awhile. He's not after secret information, just the general corporate news, propoganda, and current hot topics - he's going to be going into this den of vipers, after all. He heads back to the hotel in plenty of time before Ten.
Dashifen
Seeing Manny moving away in the hallway, Pili rushes up behind his disgusted teammate, "Excuse me. Manny? Is the friction be tween you and Mack going to impact your ability to work with us? Not that I'm trying to pry, but I'd rather deal with any problems that we can deal with now so that we don't have any problems in the future."
Bearclaw
Manny smiles. "Na man. If I was mad I would have killed them. I just got better shit to do than listen to people wanking on over who said what. If we're a team we're a team. And if not, with this kind of cash floating around, everyone better watch their back."
He shakes his head and clears the frown that started forming. "Anyway bro. You got business south? We can share a cab."
Dashifen
Pili responds to Manny's offer to share a cab: "No thank you. I'm going to go and begin my," he looks left and right, "work for later. See you at 10." With that Pili nods and heads toward the stairs exiting onto the street.

Hailing a cab, he gives the driver an address in Bellvue from which he can walk towards the Novatech Matrix Systems office. When he arrives, after paying the driver, he heads off on foot, spirit still in tow towards the target building.
Grey
Cougar excuses himself and heads out onto the balcany where he takes out a cigar and relaxes with it for a while. He'll make his call, but after all that drek, he needs a smoke first.
Blitz
:: Mack smiles as Cougar leaves the room in order to smoke. ::

"Interesting. I assumed he'd be all macho bravado but he didn't blow off the handle and even made an effort to be courteous. He may have potential after all..."

:: She muses silently to herself as she composes her message to Brian. ::
kevyn668
You can actually see a vien pop out slightly on Tristan's neck, "Oookay." He says with the hint of a childish voice. "In that case, would you be so kind as to add trans-por-tation to our shopping list?" He bats his eyelaashes twince and turns on his heel before she can respond.

Tristan goes to his bag and retrieves his holsters, shoulders into them and leaves. He tosses a "Later," over his shoulder before he slips out the door.

BITCH!

Tristan takes two deep breaths

Relax, who ever angers you owns you...
Blitz
:: Mack's smile increases and turns definately malevolant in her wickedness. ::

"Ah...not that's a surprise. My first instincts were apparantly wrong. Tristan will be far more fun to toy with. Perhaps the stress of his double life is getting to him..."
kevyn668
Composing himself, Tristan heads to the lobby. In the elevator he takes out a 100:nuyen: note and writes his cell number on it. He sighs with relief that the same woman that checked him in is still on duty. He puts on his best smile and strides up to the desk. Tristan leans one arm casually on the counter.

"Hi, [name he got earlier]. Remember how when I checked in you said to call you if i needed anything? I'm going to have to take you up on that. I was wondering if you had a car rental service here and if you could get me a car for a few days. Ya see, me the guys up in the room, we're all here for a college buddy's bachelor party and I need to run some..errands and probably have to drive the crew around. Someone has to be the responsible one, right?" Tristan winks at her. "I'll need something big enough for all of us. An SUV, would be nice. One of those new Saab SUV's woud be perfect."

"I'm going to grab a beer in the bar, can you page when you have it all set up? That would be great."

Tristan takes out the nuyen.gif 100 note and slides it over the counter, number down. "I know you're probably not supposed to accept tips but, " he flips the note over to reveal the number. "I didn't have anything else to write on." Tristan flashes the megawatt smile, "And still need a date for the wedding. Call me if you're interested."

With that he walks away from the check in desk and heads for the bar. On the way he stops a bell hop. "Hey wanna make some quick yen?" Tristan hands him nuyen.gif 100. "I'm in room [number]. We're having a bachelor party and the stupid stripper went and got mugged on the way here. She needs something....special, if ya know what I mean [wink, wink]. Take this nuyen.gif 200 and get some nasty little maid outfits and what not. I trust your judgement." He pats the bell hop on the shoulder and moves on towards the bar.

"Oh, by the way, if you ask nicely, she may have a ...special...tip for you, if ya know what I mean..."
kevyn668
At the bar:

"Scotch. Rocks." Tristan says to the barkeep. He lights a cigarette while he waits for a drink and allows himself a smile.

Taking out his cell, he dials Arthur Bowen, "Mr. Bowen? Tristan here. Hw ya doin'? I have a tee time tomorrow at the Country Club. I was wondering if you'd be interested in shouting a round with me."
Blitz
:: Mack smiles to herself. ::

"Just as expected..."

:: Mentally dialing a second number, Mack leans back on the rather comfortable sofa and runs through her contact files as she waits for Flash to answer. Unsurprisingly, she ends up leaving a message. ::

"Flash, Mack. Got a job for you. I need any and all info you can scrounge for a Clarence Fischer, born May 20th, 2038 in Seattle. Works as head of Novatech's Matrix Architecture research group and has recently had some impressive successes. I need to know what those successes are their applications as well as any bio you can get together. I want to know what he likes to eat, drink, and frag. Who are his friends and who are his enemies."

"Standard pay per megapulse plus an extra 2k if you stealth it. We don't want anyone knowing we're snooping, da?"

"You know a safe drop for me. And you can tap my account directly for the funds."
Digital Heroin
Stitch

The corporate website is fairly standard. It does, however verify all of the superficial data you had received from your emloyer: address of the facility, corporate roster - including pictures - and other such information. Otherwise, the site contains the usual corporate rigamaroll; a mission statement - "We the staff of..." - employment opporotunities, and a news section. The most recent segment of news congradulates Fischer on his receipt of an award from the Novatech head office.

Pili

The cab takes Pili to the corporate site, which is located a scant dozen blocks from your hotel (seems your employer has picked an apt staging area). The grounds strike him right away as being quite large, given the footprint of the two buildings upon them. The cab has to drive around a good portion of the site to get to the visitor's parking lot, and in doing so a view of the on grounds pond, and the sculpted walking paths is provided.

The driver lets Pili off in the South visitor's parking lot, a few feet from the lobby entrance. The building itself is one of those classic "ultra-modern" designs. It features a nearly complete glass look, though the glass is mirrored to prevent a direct LOS inside. The steps to the lobby are flanked by a pair of planters which hold a variety of shrubs and flowers. Inside, he can see that the lobby is quite large, two stories with an observation area above. The floor is marble, with the Novatech logo embossed lighty into it.

Tristan

When Tristan slides over the bill with his number upon it, the receptionist breaks into a warm smile.

`I'd be more than happy to call for a rental car for you. The Bellvue Hilton has an arangement with several local companies, I'll have an SUV brought for you, and send someone with the keys when it arrives.`

She doesn't say anything about being his date to the wedding, but it's obvious she's considering it. When stopped, and given the instructions, a goofy smile breaks out on the bellhop's face, and he nods and rushes off to go to work.

Mr. Bowen answers the phone on the third ring, and upon hearing who's calling, his voice takes on a pleased tone.

`Tommorrow? I'd be delighted to join you, just leave me a time and I'll meet you there. Maybe you'll let an old man win this time.`

Mack

There is no immediate reponse to the message left for Flash, as usual Mack will more than likely end up with a quick note and the required data left in her drop box. A few minutes after the call, however, there is a tentative knock at the door to the suite.
Blitz
:: Silently curses herself for not installing her camera's yet and rises from the couch. Stopping at her bag, she selects her gun and attaches the silencer to it before heading to the door. First, she puts her hand over the eyehole. If there was a hostile on the other side of the door, she'd much rather take a bullet to her palm than her face. After a moment, she is satisfied and takes a moment to peek through the eyehole to see who's at the door. ::
Digital Heroin
On of the bellboys from the lobby area is standing at the door, a grin on his face, bouncing on his heels. In one hand he's got a garment bag.
Grey
Cougar watches the door from out on the balcony. If anything violent happens, he'll deal with it, but for now, he's having his fraggin' smoke.
Dashifen
Pili switches his perception over to the astral and walks around the Novatech building on the outside taking his time and whistling nonsense tunes to himself, trying to look like a person just strolling along. He orders the spirit to remain where it is at the front of the building and wait for him to get back.
Digital Heroin
Astral security seems suprisingly light. In fact, there seems to be a complete absence of watchers or barriers of any kind. Physical security, at least on the exterior of the building, seems to be limited to cameras, none of which are entirely too hidden.
Blitz
:: Mack's eyebrows pull together as she thinks, sure that they have not requested any services. ::

"Yes, what is it?"

:: She asks through the door, without opening it, her hand firmly holding her pistol. ::
Digital Heroin
The attendant seems to instantly shy up when Mack answers through the door, a sheepish smile on his face.

`Miss, uh... I have a delivery for you...`

She might not notice, but he's scuffing a toe against the plush hall carpet.
Blitz
:: Mack turns to look back at Cougar in a questioning glance. She was the type to take paranoia to a whole new level, and unexpected deliveries to hotel rooms during a high profile job were definately suspiscious. ::

"I'm sorry. I think you have the wrong room. We are not expecting any deliveries."

:: She maintains the door's secured status as she moves to the side of the door, she strains her ears listening for the telltale sound of a weapon being cocked. ::
Digital Heroin
Not a sound of weapons being cocked, rather, more foot scuffling, and a nervous cough. The bellboy knocks again.

`The delivery's to go the the Knight Party suite miss, I brought luggage up earlier.`
Blitz
"And what are you bringing up this time?"

:: Again, she shifts her position after speaking. ::
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012