Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Checkmate
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Digital Heroin
There's a pause, if she's looking through the peephole she can see the guy's confused.

`Who? Uhh.. it's not a who... I have a delivery... the guy from your party sent it up...`
Grey
Cougar frowns and walks over, taking his queue for backup. He doesn't bother leaving his cigar outside though, if she's calling him in for help, she can deal with the smell. He walks up to the door and gives her a nod, "Go ahead an open 'er up."
Blitz
:: Mack nods once and aligns the pistol along the back of her thigh as she opens the door with her left hand. She also positions herself so that the door remains as cover for her in case anything unusual happens. ::

"Just put it on the couch."
Grey
Cougar stands in the doorway, all big and in the way. "Don't worry bout it bub. I'll take it."
Digital Heroin
`Uh... well... the guy said...`

He looks to Cougar, not sure what to say. Screwing up the nerve, he looks back to Mack.

`HesaidifIgotyouanoutfitforthebachelorpartyyoumight,uh,givemeaspecialtip.`

He throws out the statment in a nervous rush, blushing a touch, eyes not exactly meeting Mack's.
Grey
Cougar looks confused and glances at Mack, "Bachelor party?"
Blitz
:: Mack's eyes narrow dangerously as she sneaks the gun into her waist. ::

"Oh really? Let me guess...guy's in his mid 20's, about 6 feet tall, medium build, light brown hair and grey eyes? Interesting. Well...let me ask you something. Do I look like I'm about to throw a bachelor party?"

:: Her demeanor is almost more intimidating than that which Cougar is displaying and she steps closer, menacingly, at the bell hop. ::

"Why don't you leave this lovely little gift here with my esteemed collegue and we'll be sure to have a nice girl ready for our dear Mr. Tristan when he returns."

Digital Heroin
`Uh... well... y... I mean... n...`

The guy gulps and drops the garment bag, skipping out of the room without a second thought.
Grey
Cougar has a hard time choking back the laugher as he turns around and heads back out to the patio. On his way he says, "Hey, do me a favor. If you two are gunna tear eachother apart, do it after the job is over, cool?"
Blitz
:: She flashes a wicked smile to Cougar. ::

"Oh, no worries. Im ordering up a nice peace offering for our friend. Best to make peace in order to have a smooth run, yes?"

:: She doesn't wait for an answer as she proceeds to pull out a handful of camera's and begins to place them strategically throughout the hotel, carefully hiding each as well as possible, including a fisheye lense above the door and another covering the balcony. ::
Glyph
His research done early, and his tolerance for the public site's chirpy propoganda having long since evaporated, Stitch feels the wall of his comfortable apartment closing in on him. He decides to head back to the hotel. He can relax in more spacious surroundings, order from room service, and perhaps get to know some of his fellow runners better. A few are acquaintances, but some of the others are just names to him at this point. Considering that he will be working on a delicate job with them, getting more of a handle on them might be in order.

As he ambles unhurriedly towards the room, he raises an eyebrow as the bellhop shuffles past awkwardly, his face beet red. Entering the room, he ignores Mack's placement of cameras as if it were perfectly normal to him (although actually he is a bit curious), and turns on the big-screen trid. Maybe there's a good game on. His channel-surfing stops on one of the medical channels, but he snorts and continues surfing when it proves to be touting a new cosmetic bioware procedure.
Dashifen
As he turns a corner, Pili moves out of the way of any other foot traffic, and pauses for a moment at the crossroads, summoning a spirit of Legba. When he opens his eyes, the spirit is there before him. He bows to the spirit, and as he bows, it reaches out to tap him on the head. When it does, Pili begins to suffer a slight headache.

Nodding to the spirit in acceptance of this cost, he begins to look around him for a professionally dressed woman. Spying one coming toward him, Pili studies her. She notices and gives the ork a hateful look before sniffing and continuing past. Smiling at his plan, he instructs the Legba Spirit to cause an Accident at the corner. He asks the spirit not to harm anyone, but just to create a distraction ... perhaps a fender bender he humbly suggests.

As the spirit moves off to do perform its service, Pili moves to a bench. As a small sports car pulls up to the corner ready to make a left hand turn, a taxi cab's brakes fail it it slams into the rear end of the sports car pushing it into the street. Other cars slam on their brakes and autopilot collision avoidance systems engage to bring all other vehicles around the accident without incident. However, using the distraction to his benefit, Pili casts Physical Mask on himself, so that he now appears to look like the woman who so recently past him.

Sighing to himself as the driver of the sports car gets out and begins to scream at the taxi cab driver, Pili instructs his spirit of Obatala to Influence that driver with a feeling of calm. He then instructs the spirit of Legba to wait for him here and beckons the spirit of Obatala after him. Heading into the Lobby, Pili looks around both on the physical and the astral plane. He, still in the guise of a woman, walks up to the receptionist and says, "Hello. Sorry to disturb you, but there's just been an accident outside and I was wondering if I could use your phone."
Digital Heroin
The receptionist looks up from her screamsheet and blinks, cocking her head to look past the woman who's just informed her of the accident.

`I'll contact the city's response teams immediatly.`

She reaches a hand to touch her temple, likely an unconcious gesture still present from training as a child with a datajack. Moments later, a uniformed Knight Errant officer steps out of one of the interior doors to the lobby.

`Ma'ame, can you show me where this accident was? I'll go see if I can render any assistance.`
Dashifen
"Certainly, sir."

Pili, still in the guise of the woman heads back out towards the accident, the Knight Errant officer in tow. Feeling the officer's eyes bore into his back, Pili says a quick prayer to Obatala for protection as he walks.

When they get back to the scene of the accident, Pili points out to the officer the driver of the sports car who is still arguing with the cabbie.
Digital Heroin
The Knight Errant officer brushes past Pili when "she" points out the accident, moving to inderdict himself between the arguing pair. With a calm professionalism he begins to handle the situation. If Pili tries to move away, however, he'll call "her" over and ask that "she" wait to give a statement to the Star when they respond.
Dashifen
Pili moves over to the officer at his call, and looks down at "her" watch. "She" glances away from him and looks up for a moment, as if trying to remember "her" schedule for the day. "Can I give you contact information to give to the Star? I have a meeting shortly that I was an my way towards when I got stopped here. After that meeting, however, I'm in my office all day and would not have a problem providing a statement at that time."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012