Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matrix maping convention ?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Delarn
There was once a nomenclature of shapes for matrix maping. I would like to map the matrix old school in my games. It would be easyer for the full vr hacking.
Method
QUOTE (Delarn @ Feb 5 2010, 05:18 PM) *
There was once a nomenclature of shapes for matrix maping. I would like to map the matrix old school in my games. It would be easyer for the full vr hacking.

So you are asking if anyone knows the convention?

Basically you had different types of nodes represented by different shapes.

SAN (system access nodes) were gateways to the matrix or other systems and were represented by a rectangle.

SPU (sub processing units) were basically router nodes and were represented by hexagons.

Datastores are self explanitory and represented by squares.

I/O ports represented connected input/output devices devices like printers (ha!) and monitors and were triangles

SN (slave nodes) represented connected devices (like cameras and machines) and were circles.

CPU (central processing units) were the main system node, represented by an hexagon with a circle in the middle and were limited to one per system.

EDIT: here is a screen shot from the wonderful SEGA console game which shows the shapes.
Delarn
Thanks, that's what I wanted because I may include that maping to the DS-VRTable for Shadowrun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012