Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A shotgun with some revolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
McCummhail
Here is something to replace the Eichiro Hatamoto:
http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/02/13/there...tgun-revolvers/
Less stylish, more functional.
Daylen
and illegal in the states unfortunetly without a special licence due the the short barrel frown.gif
Wounded Ronin
That's hardly a unique design. There are lots of shotgun-style handguns. The most popular I see is marketed as an anti-snake gun but is small enough to carry concealed.
Draco18s
QUOTE (McCummhail @ Feb 18 2010, 08:00 PM) *
Here is something to replace the Eichiro Hatamoto:
http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/02/13/there...tgun-revolvers/
Less stylish, more functional.

Looks like you need a meat-fist to properly wield it.
McCummhail
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Feb 18 2010, 08:56 PM) *
That's hardly a unique design. There are lots of shotgun-style handguns. The most popular I see is marketed as an anti-snake gun but is small enough to carry concealed.

Yeah the comments on that post mention the same thing. The anti snake gun is actually pistol ammunition that contains scatter shot.
I saw this and began to wonder why we didn't have one in SR. The best we have canon is the Hatamoto.
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 18 2010, 09:17 PM) *
Looks like you need a meat-fist to properly wield it.

And that was the second thought, a perfect toy for a ham-fisted troll gun-bunny.
Or a hand cannon for as bruiser while they are closing.
Oehler the Black
You've got to like the "Made in USA" logo stamped on the side.
Snow_Fox
DLN's husband has a blunderbuss, same effect but legal. And really weird, but he's a Brit.
Zen Shooter01
Taurus has been making a shotgun revolver for some time, and selling the hell out of them in the states.

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.c...eadcrumbseries=

hyzmarca
QUOTE (Daylen @ Feb 18 2010, 08:04 PM) *
and illegal in the states unfortunetly without a special licence due the the short barrel frown.gif

Shotguns as defined by US law require a stock. If it doesn't have a stock then it isn't a shotgun. Hench a shotgun pistol is not a short-barreled shotgun, legally.

The BATFE calssifies such weapons as "Any Other Weapon" which is a tenuous reaching definition that twists the meaning of the National Firearms Act. But anyway i only requiress a $5 tax stamp that is extremely easy to get compared to stamps for actual short barreled shotguns.

McCummhail
How would you stat one of these up for use in SR4A?
A quick write up yields a pistol that is better than many other pistols.

Taurus TKR
Damage: 7P (from shotgun damage code)
AP: -1 (from shotgun AP code)
Mode: SA (gun is DA capable)
RC: 1 (Rubber shock absorbing grip)
Ammo: 5(cy)
Cost: 650 (Actual msrp $648)
Note: uses shotgun ammo; double uncompensated recoil penalties

Much more desirable than the Hatamoto in a heartbeat.
WalksWithWiFi
QUOTE (McCummhail @ Feb 21 2010, 09:24 AM) *
How would you stat one of these up for use in SR4A?
A quick write up yields a pistol that is better than many other pistols.

Taurus TKR
Damage: 7P (from shotgun damage code)
AP: -1 (from shotgun AP code)
Mode: SA (gun is DA capable)
RC: 1 (Rubber shock absorbing grip)
Ammo: 5(cy)
Cost: 650 (Actual msrp $648)
Note: uses shotgun ammo; double uncompensated recoil penalties

Much more desirable than the Hatamoto in a heartbeat.

I could be wrong in my half alseep stupor, but i am pretty sure the Taurus used a
smaller shell than 12 gauge-maybe 6p base dmg.
Also, i think their shouldn't be any stock recoil comp.
That would eliminate any recoil completely, (unless someone modded it to do bursts)-
making the personal grip mod useful, and not giving every ganger free unrestrained shot blasts.
hyzmarca
Tarrus revolvers are .410/.45. The shot shells are intended for defense against small varmints, not against people. It will probably kill a snake or a rat at close range. It is less effective against people. The .45, on the other hand, is a .45. It's about as effective as any other medium-heavy pistol.
McCummhail
QUOTE (WalksWithWiFi @ Feb 21 2010, 11:51 AM) *
I could be wrong in my half alseep stupor, but i am pretty sure the Taurus used a
smaller shell than 12 gauge-maybe 6p base dmg.
Also, i think their shouldn't be any stock recoil comp.
That would eliminate any recoil completely, (unless someone modded it to do bursts)-
making the personal grip mod useful, and not giving every ganger free unrestrained shot blasts.

You make a good point about the Taurus, apparently the .410 shell is significantly smaller.
The gun in the original article is different from the Taurus revolver in that it is a 12 gauge revolver.
This would yield a gun like the 'Hatamoto II' but with a cylinder with capacity of 6 instead of the feed capacity of 1 in the Hatamoto.
Snow_Fox
I know some people love taurus to death, wow bad choice of words, but I can't look at them without thinking 'big an' chunky to cover the poor metalurgy." I know they've gotten much better in recnet years but I still have that old prejudice.
Bignaffer
ya, the gun made by taurus is called the judge and magnum research used to make one called the thunder 5. they both fire .410 shotgun shells or 45 long colt.

.410 is a considerably smaller shot than 12 or even 20 gauge. as a full shotgun it is commonly referred to as a kids or starter shotgun.

for stats i would probably give it dmg 5 with AP -1 or dmg 7(f) with AP 4 with flechettes.

it will still certainly kill someone.
Zen Shooter01
Yes, a 00 .410 load out of the Judge at fifteen feet or less will give your enemy a problem. But so will a .45 ACP slug. I've never liked the Judge. Sure, if I knew I was going to have to shoot some snakes, there's no other handgun I'd rather have than a Judge loaded with birdshot. But how often do you leave the house knowing that the only threat you're going to run into is snakes at short range? And with snakes, either you see them over there and avoid them, or you don't see them over here and you step on them. Neither scenario gives you motive and opportunity to shoot at them.

If I was going to choose a camping handgun, it would be a .44 Magnum with a 4" or 6" barrel. Better accuracy and longer range than the Judge, and it will kill anything up to the size of a horse at a 25m or less.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Feb 21 2010, 06:20 PM) *
Yes, a 00 .410 load out of the Judge at fifteen feet or less will give your enemy a problem. But so will a .45 ACP slug. I've never liked the Judge. Sure, if I knew I was going to have to shoot some snakes, there's no other handgun I'd rather have than a Judge loaded with birdshot. But how often do you leave the house knowing that the only threat you're going to run into is snakes at short range? And with snakes, either you see them over there and avoid them, or you don't see them over here and you step on them. Neither scenario gives you motive and opportunity to shoot at them.

If I was going to choose a camping handgun, it would be a .44 Magnum with a 4" or 6" barrel. Better accuracy and longer range than the Judge, and it will kill anything up to the size of a horse at a 25m or less.

The judge is more versatile if you load it with both birdshot and .45 long colt. Since it'll accept both and is a revolver, alternating ammunition types is quite doable.
Crusher Bob
One of my friends used to have considerable problems with rattlesnakes in his front yard. The grass was short enough for the snakes to come out and sun in, but long enough to give the snakes some cover. So having to shoot snakes from the front porch was apparently a reasonably common occurence.
Surukai
Also note that a pistol has a considerably shorter barrel and a long barrel is there not just for range but to give some muzzle velocity too. No way a shotgun revolver would do 6 P base (8P with flechette) without being at least as big as the super warhawk. I'd put it as 4p (6p with flechette).
Sengir
On the other hand, the cloud of half-burned propellant would cause some fancy visuals cool.gif
Mäx
Have you all totally forgotten the every sammies old reliable sidearm, the Remingtom roomsweeper?
Draco18s
QUOTE (Mäx @ Feb 22 2010, 03:34 PM) *
Have you all totally forgotten the every sammies old reliable sidearm, the Remingtom roomsweeper?

I use a Raust Room Cleaner myself. Nothing like having an ammo capacity of "5 minutes, sustained full auto." biggrin.gif
Wait, other game.
(The gun uses a magnetic tube from a backpack to reload its internal cartridges, 5 10mm steel marbles fired per shot, full auto uses 4 shots, a heavy duty backpack can carry approximately 20,000 marbles--19863, or some weird number like that, I had to work it out by density of steel gram/cc then find the volume of a 10mm sphere).
McCummhail
QUOTE (Surukai @ Feb 22 2010, 07:22 AM) *
Also note that a pistol has a considerably shorter barrel and a long barrel is there not just for range but to give some muzzle velocity too. No way a shotgun revolver would do 6 P base (8P with flechette) without being at least as big as the super warhawk. I'd put it as 4p (6p with flechette).

Heavy Pistol
Eichiro Hatamoto II: Dam 7P AP -1 SS 1(m) Avail 10R 800 nuyen.gif

Eichiro Hatamoto II: The Hatamoto II is a single-shot defensive
firearm that fires a large-bore shotgun round. This weapon
is built to threaten (and eventually take down) even orks and trolls,
and is recommended for good marksmen only.

The gun in the original article appears to be of comparable size to this beast,
but has a higher capacity. So:

Taiwan Room Creaner: Dam 7P AP -1 SS 6(cy) Avail 10R 1.5k nuyen.gif

Delarn
Remington Roomsweeper !

That's a nice one !
Daylen
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Feb 21 2010, 04:16 PM) *
Shotguns as defined by US law require a stock. If it doesn't have a stock then it isn't a shotgun. Hench a shotgun pistol is not a short-barreled shotgun, legally.

The BATFE calssifies such weapons as "Any Other Weapon" which is a tenuous reaching definition that twists the meaning of the National Firearms Act. But anyway i only requiress a $5 tax stamp that is extremely easy to get compared to stamps for actual short barreled shotguns.

(5) The term "shotgun" means a
weapon designed or redesigned, made
or remade, and intended to be fired
from the shoulder and designed or redesigned
and made or remade to use
the energy of an explosive to fire
through a smooth bore either a number
of ball shot or a single projectile for
each single pull of the trigger.
(6) The term "short-barreled shotgun"
means a shotgun having one or
more barrels less than eighteen inches
in length and any weapon made from a
shotgun (whether by alteration, modification,
or otherwise) if such weapon as
modified has an overall length of less
than twenty-six inches.

doesnt really mention a stock although it does say from the shoulder. I am fairly sure it doesnt require a buttstock because of http://www.mossberg.com/images/Mossberg_Gu...0/New/55340.jpg being for sale with no special license required.

(B) any type of weapon (other than
a shotgun or a shotgun shell which
the Attorney General finds is generally
recognized as particularly suitable
for sporting purposes) by
whatever name known which will, or
which may be readily converted to,
expel a projectile by the action of an
explosive or other propellant, and
which has any barrel with a bore of
more than one-half inch in diameter;
and

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012