Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paging Old Timers
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BRodda
The first game of Shadowrun I ever playier was at a tiny convention back in 1991-1992 time frame. It involved stealing a unicorn and the GM made notes as to whether we were good or bad or some shade of gray. It turned out the Johnson was some big time spirit trying to take over the morally grey area for souls (fr some odd reason I think it was called Charlie).

Anyone remember this and know where I might find it or am I just insane?
Method
Sounds to me like a con exclusive. Its deffinately not in any published adventure I recall ( and I have them all).
Semerkhet
QUOTE (BRodda @ Feb 18 2010, 09:39 PM) *
The first game of Shadowrun I ever playier was at a tiny convention back in 1991-1992 time frame. It involved stealing a unicorn and the GM made notes as to whether we were good or bad or some shade of gray. It turned out the Johnson was some big time spirit trying to take over the morally grey area for souls (fr some odd reason I think it was called Charlie).

Anyone remember this and know where I might find it or am I just insane?

I played in some SR GenCon games in that time frame but I don't remember the particular plot you're talking about.

I did, however, recently come across my official Doc Wagon first aid bandaid pack that FASA gave away at their both at GenCon the first couple years of SR1. Good times.
Method
QUOTE (Semerkhet @ Feb 18 2010, 08:41 PM) *
I did, however, recently come across my official Doc Wagon first aid bandaid pack that FASA gave away at their both at GenCon the first couple years of SR1. Good times.
Oh man I wish I had one of those! I would seriously carry it in my white coat and use it when I see patients. If you ever want to part with it, let me know.
Cain
I remember running a unicorn shapeshifter in a game around that time period, but that was in Seattle, and not at a con. Where were you at the time?
FlakJacket
The only thing it vaguely reminds me of is the adventure The Shoot Wild Horses from the Shadowrun site but that's a protection gig rather than heist so doesn't really fit, plus it's much later than the 91-92 timeframe mentioned. Best guess is that like Method said it was written for the con as it's not a published adventure to the best of my knowledge.
Critias
Ditto with everyone else. There's only a very few old adventures I don't own, and that one's certainly not a-ringin' any bells.
BRodda
QUOTE (Cain @ Feb 19 2010, 01:06 AM) *
I remember running a unicorn shapeshifter in a game around that time period, but that was in Seattle, and not at a con. Where were you at the time?

In a little town called Pittsfield, MA. IT\t was a small con at our local comic store.
Professor Evil Overlord
Gotta be a tournament or con module. I've got everything officially mass published by FASA, excepting KAGE, from SR1-3. Your only other shot would be if it was from an independent (non-FASA) gaming mag.
Cain
QUOTE (BRodda @ Feb 19 2010, 04:08 AM) *

In a little town called Pittsfield, MA. IT\t was a small con at our local comic store.

Sorry, I can't help you. I recall running a home game around a unicorn shifter, but it was definitely not at a mini-con back East.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012