Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new favorite Shadowrun inspiring song
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
betterwatchit
I Luv It by Young Jeezy Ganger music, and also sounds good in a high-speed firefight!
Celt IMC
It may make some folks twitch but try and tell me Lady Gaga isn't a Maria Mercurial wanna-be, eh?
Method
No way! I think you're spot on. I think she is a great model for SR celebutard pop starlets!
Fix-it
This Thread

Needz Moar

Chemical Brothers
Valashar
Because my character in our current campaign is part of a band, I tend to do a lot of song mining both for character theme songs and to give the group a feel for the kind of music she and her band write and perform.

My character is Ember, our elf TM hacker/face (because there's just so much crossover between the two roles it just seemed natural). This is her theme song because of her background: As a young Otaku she successfully infiltrated the Banded via a series of psychological overlays and post-hypnotics (some put in place by her, some for her by others). It didn't go entirely as planned and she spent a great deal of her time living what was supposed to be a cover role. So this song seemed perfect.
Within Temptation - The Truth Beneath the Rose

This is the theme for LoJack, our dwarf TM rigger. He's a poster child for ADHD, Tourette's and 'Just Say No' all rolled into one. He is also, unfortunately, my character's roommate. They live in a condo on the public levels of the ACHE.
King Black Acid - Let's Burn

Our mage, Dakota, spent the bulk of 2070 eyeballs deep in the backlash of the Technomancer scare in and around Los Angeles. The rest of us have gathered that he managed to rack up more than the normal number of dead bodies around himself while down there and that it is the main reason he moved himself to Seattle to live at the bottom of a volcano for a while. So this seemed to work for him.
Within Temptation - Final Destination

Our current fourth member, Patience, mystic adept sniper, was given to us somewhat against his will because he took out loans and favors with a mutual contact to keep his family business afloat and operating with us was part repayment. He's a former merc who retired to Seattle to open a restaurant, and is the absolute worst liar when it comes to keeping his shadowrunning a secret from his wife. Reluctant starter, but as things have gotten hot he's stuck around.
Origa - Rise (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig theme)

A couple more songs from the campaign.

The overall theme for the campaign. Our GM was primarily listening to Billy Idol's 'Cyberpunk' album when he wrote the short stories that formed the basis for the multiple campaign arcs that have sprung from them:
Billy Idol - Concrete Kingdom
In character, this is performed by Ember's band, Orphean Wing, and is her serenade to the Arcology itself. After the Shutdown and her part in it, both good and bad, she still lives there and has the drive to see it become something worth saving:
Lisa Miskovsky - Still Alive (Mirror's Edge theme)
X-Kalibur
Can't do any linking since I'm at work still, but, Them Crooked Vultures - Gunman - makes me think of SR, along with Mind Eraser, No Chaser.
SleepIncarnate
A good one for hacker characters is Infiltrating My Way Through the System by Ayria
TheWanderingJewels
Can't forget Sigue Sigue Sputnik

Sigue Sigue Sputnik - 21st Century Boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIo5xwENL4I

Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Love Missile F1-11 (uncensored)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk30a0qsVIk...feature=related

Valashar
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Mar 17 2010, 12:51 PM) *
A good one for hacker characters is Infiltrating My Way Through the System by Ayria

*slaps forehead* How is it that I keep forgetting about Ayria!? *falls face first into iTunes*
kjones
I can't believe that this thread got this far without including "run rabbit junk" from the Stand Alone Complex OST. Maybe it's just because of when it shows up during the show (usually, when something awesome happens) but god damn if that song doesn't kick ass and take names.
Valashar
Most of the Ghost in the Shell OSTs kick ass and take names. I've got all of 'em in my mix (except for the handful that make my teeth hurt).
McCummhail
I would posit WipeOut as another series with some excellent tunes that work especially well with matrix and rigging flavored hi-jinks.

Here is a short playlist from WipeOut HD that has further instructions should you like it.

Here is another playlist that includes some GITS: Megatech Body and is action themed.
betterwatchit
Butsutekkai from the Ikaruga OST is perfect for fighting something heavy like a Cyborg, Cyberzombie or any Big Bad in general.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012