Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mentor Spirit / Totem idea
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WiredWeasel
Okay, so I'm making a Shaman to play in a friend of mine's game, and I was looking for help designing a new Mentor Spirit / Totem.
I'd like him to follow Weasel. The closest I've found is Trickster. But I don't think it's the best fit.
So I call out to all the imaginative and to the veterans (I'm looking at you, Ancient History smile.gif )out on these illustrious boards as a cry for help.

Help me make a Weasel totem!
AndyZ
I'd like to help, but I don't know anything about the Weasel archetype. Can you tell us more about Weasel?
DireRadiant
I R Weasel?
SQLCowboy
Weasel is known for being observant, so I'd go with +2 to detection spells. They are also fighters, so I'd go with +2 to summoning Beast spirits.

I'd say that if cornered, they'd need to make a will + cha test against having to fight their way out of the situation.

AndyZ
I found this website: http://www.manataka.org/page236.html#WEASEL Assuming it's pretty accurate, here's my thoughts.

It seems to me that mentor spirits all have +2 to two different things and either a -1 to something else or a Willpower+Charisma (3) roll. Noting this, I attempt to pick and choose from different mentor spirits in order to throw something together:

+2 to Perception and Assensing Tests (Owl from Street Magic)

+2 to either Infiltration or Gymnastics, pick one (Cat)

I'm still thinking about disadvantage but I'll post this now.
Karoline
Weasel often overestimates his abilities during the hunt and becomes vulnerable to counterattack and defeat.

Cha+Wil (3) test to back down when outmatched/to not attempt something outside your ability. Perhaps even forcing high F spells because weasel thinks he can handle it.
GreyBrother
Who's going to hunt for his MitS? Didn't they have a write-up for Weasle-Totems?
Professor Evil Overlord
QUOTE (GreyBrother @ Feb 26 2010, 12:44 AM) *
Who's going to hunt for his MitS? Didn't they have a write-up for Weasle-Totems?

I'm afraid not, I just checked. frown.gif
It isn't in Awakenings either, which has a totem index for the SR1/2 sources such as the Grimoire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012